PDA

View Full Version : Camping near MSV/Coney Friday July 1

jdawg33
June 15th, 2011, 07:20 PM
The wife and I were thinking of heading up to the hills to find a spot to camp Friday night and maybe Saturday night for the MSV/coney run on July 2. The plan was to head up after lunch Friday, set up camp, maybe hit an shirt trail a then relax for the evening. Then repeat for Saturday. Then home Sunday.

My question is anyone interested in going camping with or maybe could guide us to a few good spots since we have never been camping in Colorado....

Actually this whole camping thing is new to the wife and I want to ease her into it. So someone that knows a cherry spot might not be such a bad idea. Or having some extra company along never hurts right?

Thoughts?

Stephen
June 15th, 2011, 07:24 PM
My family camps on MSV every year. There are a ton of spots along the river. We might be down for camping that weekend.

jdawg33
June 16th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Thought about camping there, could be nice. just have to get up early enough to find a good spot... and happy to have you join us if your game...

Aaron
June 16th, 2011, 10:08 AM
There's always Camp Dick if you want to start Lee out on a pit toilet as opposed to a shovel and a log :)

jdawg33
June 16th, 2011, 10:13 AM
She said she was OK with skipping straight to dispersed camping. which is fine by me. I think she likes the idea of the trees and things around her and the ability to hop in the Jeep to look for a campinig site. Of course it still might be better if we have another group with us at least.

I'm just excited I got the go ahead to plan the "Lee hates camping trip" which I know she will have a good time on!

Brad
June 16th, 2011, 10:29 AM
When you wake up and step outside the tent and smell the fresh air, priceless.

She will have a good time. We are going to Angel of Shevano that day or I would join you guys.

jdawg33
June 16th, 2011, 10:58 AM
I have always loved the great outdoors... and hopeing that she starts to think the same thing. We shall see.

We are planning another trip at the end of July as well I think, provided this one goes well. So maybe you guys might want to get in on that one? Aaron, Brad?

Aaron
June 16th, 2011, 10:59 AM
The very end of July is our Paris Anniversary trip. The time in between may work though

jdawg33
June 16th, 2011, 11:02 AM
could go the weekend othe 23rd?

Brad
June 16th, 2011, 12:26 PM
So maybe you guys might want to get in on that one? Aaron, Brad?

We are available most weekends, unless I have to work. We want to get the pop up out as much as possible this year. Have to justify buying it! :thumb: