PDA

View Full Version : Brody Fab - Popup

Chris
June 17th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Another big thanks to Pete for today's repairs. :thumb:

My old Coleman popup had a seriously tweaked slideout bunk that Pete fixed today. The last time I looked at it was with Scoutman and we couldn't find the problem though the slideouts were visibly tweaked. It was so tweaked we could only close it using a 5lb sledge. Pete found the problems and now it's not only working but I can slide it in and out myself, no more hammers, no more second person required. When we pulled the bed out and saw the condition of thealuminun rails was about when I had to leave, I was not optimistic. When I came back Pete had them straight and after a bit more troubleshooting and creative repairs it's fine. :thumb:

Thanks Pete, next up is the axle flip!

Brody
June 17th, 2011, 06:13 PM
You are welcome Chris! Some more entertainment...

RockyMtnHigh
June 17th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Good job Pete!

So when are we going camping?

Brad
June 17th, 2011, 10:47 PM
We need a pop up trip!

Mporter
June 17th, 2011, 10:50 PM
I DEMAND PICTURES

Squshiee1
June 18th, 2011, 06:22 AM
:pics: i am able to use it!

Brody
June 18th, 2011, 07:08 AM
Hey you go Chase! I hope that this works for ya!

Suffice to say that the aluminum side channels were bent all out of shape and required a bunch of creative straightening, drilling out and re riveting mounting wheels, etc. Not really worthy of pictures. Be like me taking pictures of the trailer repairs I have done for my landscape dude or the eye bolts I welded on onto some wrenches for another neighbor, or the skip loader motor mount and bucket welding I did for yet another neighbor....highly exciting visuals, for sure....

Squshiee1
June 18th, 2011, 07:14 AM
YEP! that works, pics allways help! good job

glacierpaul
June 19th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Sounds like Pete needs another moniker saying "Super Fabricator"!

Brody
June 19th, 2011, 08:06 AM
HAHA....If you mean to add to the "Organizer" one I already have, which I don't especially care for. Sooner or later I'll get the much coveted "Wheeler" one, too, another I don't especially want...Oh well....

The aluminum channels, after I got them off, prompted a basic "Holy ****!" response as they were so twisted out of shape and bent. Since Coleman is out of business and none of the parts are readily available, and finding such a specific aluminum channel would be almost impossible, straightening these out was a bit of a challenge...

Chris
June 19th, 2011, 08:08 AM
We worked it a few times yesterday Pete, works great!

Brody
June 19th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Great to hear!

Popsgarage
September 10th, 2011, 12:05 AM
Depends on what type of aluminum channel you're looking for. Whatcha need.