PDA

View Full Version : a Jeep saved my life

mattzj98
June 21st, 2011, 07:05 PM
totalled in that accident..
got over it by now but still miss it sometimes :frown:

Even though it's just a jeep, being 19 years old that was all I had..

so heres a little story ( from stock to built, to accident, back to stock)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_jUllcCens

Mporter
June 21st, 2011, 07:21 PM
Any long term damage on ya from that? Did you just take a turn too fast?

mattzj98
June 21st, 2011, 07:26 PM
no a lady blew a red light at 6 am when i was on my way to work. because my jeep was high enough to get up on the fords hood i got launched in the air instead of slamming into her pick up. and yeah, my back still suffers

mattzj98
June 21st, 2011, 07:27 PM
I just went on youtube and accidently got on my vid. and got a little sad.. good memories with that jeep.. so i had to post it

Beefy
June 21st, 2011, 07:40 PM
Nice video and a great song to go with it. Thanks for sharing it. :)

Funrover
June 21st, 2011, 07:51 PM
WOW bad wreck, how are you?

mattzj98
June 21st, 2011, 07:58 PM
WOW bad wreck, how are you?
loads of money into medical bills and 3 months later still hurts a lot. been going to my clinic twice a week for all sorts of treatmets it sucks but i guess life goes on right? =D

Chris
June 21st, 2011, 08:13 PM
Hey Matt, thanks for sharing and sorry to hear about your back. Metal can be replaced, backs not so much. Best wishes for as full a recovery as possible.

An aside, how do you feel about the red light cameras that are on that intersection?

mattzj98
June 21st, 2011, 08:18 PM
An aside, how do you feel about the red light cameras that are on that intersection?

well see that wasn't the main Alameda, it was Alameda way, right north of that. no cameras there.

To answer your question though, I really dont mind those cameres as im not one to usually run the red light. i know how that ends..

Brad
June 21st, 2011, 10:45 PM
That sucks Matt. That was a nice jeep. Glad your still amongst the living.
What was she charged with?

Roostercruiser
June 22nd, 2011, 12:01 AM
Sorry to hear. Did u put that lift under ur current Jeep?

mattzj98
June 22nd, 2011, 05:31 AM
I think she just got ticketed for failure to stop at a red light and possibly careless driving but I'm not really evem sure. I didn't see her I was just laying on the street till fire dept and medics showed up and she was on the back of the squad car but I know she admited that she didn't see me..

mattzj98
June 22nd, 2011, 05:34 AM
Sorry to hear. Did u put that lift under ur current Jeep?

Not really a lot of the things were not salvageble. I did end up re using the control arms and coils but pretty much everything else is brand new. The control arms have lifetime warranty, no questions asked so I got a free replacement on 2 of my lower control arms..:wrench:

glacierpaul
June 22nd, 2011, 05:39 AM
Glad you are ok, hears to speedy healing and no long term problems. I hate driving in the city......give me trails!!

Brody
June 22nd, 2011, 05:43 AM
Glad to hear that you got out of that OK...sort of. Like Chris said, back problems are a real nice thing to live with...

mattzj98
June 22nd, 2011, 05:46 AM
Glad to hear that you got out of that OK...sort of. Like Chris said, back problems are a real nice thing to live with...
Just feels like im 91 and not 19 anymore. I told the doctors I'm gonna be really upset if it hurts when wheeling

Brody
June 22nd, 2011, 06:16 AM
I crushed 3 discs in my back back in the late 80s. Took a month to be able to walk around the block. Left leg is still 80% numb and the back hurts every day. I am supposed to have a 10 pound lifting restriction, was never going to ski, board, rock or ice climb, etc, etc, etc, again. Surgery was out of the question as it would only have had a 10% chance of success.

**** all of 'em. I was back doing everything I normally did within a year and haven't stopped since. Still do all the climbing, boarding, skiing, and the etcs, albeit with some pain. Mornings pretty much suck, so I get up feeling a bit cranky and with a severe BS intolerance, but, like I said, **** all the doctors and their diagnosis...

Chris
June 22nd, 2011, 08:23 AM
Just feels like im 91 and not 19 anymore. I told the doctors I'm gonna be really upset if it hurts when wheeling

L3, L4, S1 are pretty much gone in my back so I feel like I'm 91 too Matt, but at 60 that's pretty common. Listen to the PT above the doctors, especially surgeons. My ortho says I shouldn't be able to drive more than 30 minutes before the pain stops me but I can wheel all day, I shopped for my new truck by seat comfort and lumbar support. :lmao:

mattzj98
June 22nd, 2011, 01:12 PM
Well I'm back to wheeling and starting weight lifting again so I should be back to my normal self by the end of this summer =)

Chris
June 22nd, 2011, 01:55 PM
:thumb:

4runner freak
June 22nd, 2011, 04:29 PM
Matt,
Take your time recuperating.
Go to a lot of PT.
I have ~1000lbs of plywood fall on me 12years ago and crushed my L4.
It was a stable fracture, but I lost 3/4" in height.
No insurance, self employed, no workers comp.
It hurts most of the time not doing anything and really hurts after I've been stupid.
I get massages and go to the chiropractor a bunch(still not enough though).

Michael4rnr
June 22nd, 2011, 05:02 PM
Glad to here your ok. What part of your back did you hurt. I broke my back about a year ago when i fell 12 feet onto my head and i still have problems with my back. Glad your recovering well.

mattzj98
June 22nd, 2011, 06:47 PM
I forgot what the term is but its kinda like a disc going out of place just not exactly.. and my nerves are pinched too

Michael4rnr
June 22nd, 2011, 09:24 PM
I had a compound fracture and a disc out and multiple pinched nerves so its very painful at times i know what your going through

Hypoid
June 22nd, 2011, 10:58 PM
I forgot what the term is but its kinda like a disc going out of place just not exactly.. and my nerves are pinched tooSpinal stenosis?

That is the reason my :princess: never goes to the mountians with me...at least not where I like to go.

mattzj98
June 23rd, 2011, 12:58 AM
its something along these terms.. my back has shifted to the left so I keep getting an alignment done. It sounds like you guys have gone through similar things so we are all in the same boat.. wheeling is too much fun to pass no matter what though:K5:

Brody
June 23rd, 2011, 05:16 AM
I just recently got a standing X Ray done. My back looks like a weird letter "S"...and I lost 1 1/2" very rapidly when I dicked mine up. No fun at all and I spent two years working my whole schedule around doctor visits of all sorts. Now it takes spurting blood or seeing bone sticking through skin to get me to go to a doctor.

glacierpaul
June 23rd, 2011, 05:47 AM
...... Now it takes spurting blood or seeing bone sticking through skin to get me to go to a doctor.
Enter Monty Python, " t'is but a fesh wound..."
23 years of construction/plumbing work have not been easy on my back either, +1 on massages and chiro, when needed. And yeah, if the back hurts anyway, you may as well do things you enjoy!

mattzj98
June 23rd, 2011, 07:57 AM
:cheers:

mattzj98
March 21st, 2012, 05:54 PM
http://bds-suspension.com/blog/?p=2054

Found the article on my old Jeep on BDS Suspension blog! :)

mattzj98
March 21st, 2012, 07:02 PM
Yeah that's why they never get photos in..

Actually, they emailed me, asking for pics and specs.. so i sent it to them.

They asked about my address and said they are sending "something" to me haha

Also featured under BAD ASS RIDES haha

http://bds-suspension.com/bar