PDA

View Full Version : T-33A Plane Crash this Friday 7/22?

Java
July 18th, 2011, 07:40 PM
I want to run this trail, I missed the last run and have been wanting to get there for a while. I know this trail fills up on the weekends, but Friday should be pretty quiet. I'm also off Thursday if that works better...

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=174 (http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=174)

Jackie
July 18th, 2011, 08:13 PM
T-33A was a very fun trail a couple years ago when I ran it. My skid plates took a beating, but everything else came out OK. I noticed a new trip-report on TD today in case you haven't seen it. http://www.traildamage.com/trails/report.php?id=842

Looks like it may have become a bit more difficult than it's current rating. Not Sure though. With good spotting and good tire placement, this trail was stocker-friendly a couple years ago.

Have fun!

Rob
July 18th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Gotta work. Both days. Sorry. That's a fun trail and I don't think it's appreciably harder than it was three years ago when I first ran it. Now, if you run 202 after running 203 to the crash site, that's a different story. Much tougher trail.

Beefy
July 18th, 2011, 08:59 PM
That is one trail that I am really looking forward to running. I work both days as well though. Have fun if you go!!

Stephen
July 18th, 2011, 09:28 PM
I'd like to run this trail again, just not sure I can do it Friday either.

Java
July 18th, 2011, 09:36 PM
weekday runs are tough to fill, who knows if it will happen... it's only Monday... the last trip report here looked like it's a fun trail and not too hard at all, just some ledges and rocks, typical Colorado trail. I'd be down with the weekend too if there's more interest for that, maybe combine it with something else?

Brody
July 19th, 2011, 07:13 AM
Quite a few times we have run the Bunce/Ironclads/T33a and dropped in to do the MSV/Coney trail. Makes for a long, entertaining day of wheeling. Start at the regular Bunce entrance and pretty much drive everything you see. Do be prepared for a long day.....and if you want to do this, you will want to limit your group to no more than 5 rigs or you are going to be doing some night wheeling..

Another option is to do T33a, then the 202 spur, then run Miller Rock. You have a lot of options in that whole area.

DKDunn04
July 19th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Last time I ran it I was still scraping every now and then. Very fun trail.

mumbai
July 19th, 2011, 11:45 AM
I am game for Thursday , Friday or Saturday... Should be fun.. Let me know..

Aaron
July 19th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Post it up!

Java
July 19th, 2011, 08:19 PM
OK, looks like Saturday is the best one for everyone... I think to keep it simple and to let the group size be whatever I'll just post the plane crash trail starting at the Camp Dick side and people can do whatever else they feel like afterward. Since it's such a short trail and it's a weekend I think 10 or even 11 would be fine to meet...? Probably meet at the beginning of Bunce on that side, any other suggestions?

Rob
July 19th, 2011, 10:31 PM
any other suggestions?

It definitely isn't a full day. You should scoot the rest of the way up Bunce and do the Ironclads loop.

Java
July 20th, 2011, 07:03 AM
It definitely isn't a full day. You should scoot the rest of the way up Bunce and do the Ironclads loop.

Good call, we'll see how it goes, I just posted it as a run