PDA

View Full Version : She's gone. I'm gonna need a new screen name.

BlackRubi
July 21st, 2011, 12:09 AM
That's right. As of about two hours ago, I feel that I can no longer claim the name BlackRubi. I found a much more practical vehicle with better gas mileage. In the process, I was able to lower my total debt structure and reduce my payments. The dealership also offered a good deal more than what I owed on the Rubi, so that is now money in my pocket.

My new vehicle, you ask? A Chevy Colorado Z71 crew cab. She is no Rubi by any means, but she is what my family needs. Something to haul the entire family, dogs included, with gear to camping spots and can be used as a general workhorse. I'll miss the F/R lockers on the Rubi. The Colo only had a rear LSD. She came with some crappy chrome side steps which will promptly be removed when I can afford some Brodyfab sliders. She will also eventually need some bumpers and some beefing up in the armour department. It did come with a brand spanking new set of 31/10.50/15 BFG A/Ts, which if nice on a used vehicle.

I'll miss the Rubi, bit o knew this day was coming. Now I jusy need a new name. I was thinking of taking suggestions on names, then holding a poll and let you guys decide. Following the same name scheme as I now have (color/vehicle) would now make me GoldenColorado. Would that be too confusing?

I'll get pics up soon.

BlackRubi
July 21st, 2011, 12:32 AM
I take that back...the Z71 Colorado has no LSD in the rear. It had an Eaton G80 E-Locker. Yay...I still have a locker!

Haku
July 21st, 2011, 02:40 AM
Not a fan of the "golden colorado" name but thats me. How about something to do with your former or current service. No idea what rank you are, but something like that. I think the Z71 designation would be less confusing then other stuff.

Hahaa....or you could be original like me and just use a pet's name.

It has to be said but.... :pics:

Time to use the "cash back" you got for the Rubi on a lift kit and some big tires for you new truck dude.

Brody
July 21st, 2011, 05:28 AM
Well, I sounds like you got a nice rig! Big, but nice..

I am going to think we have another new guy if you change your screen name....

Heather
July 21st, 2011, 06:44 AM
Could be GoldColorado, so as to not get confused with the Coors area...

Congrats on the new purchase. When we were looking to upsize (before we acquired our current Jeeps) we looked at a 4-door JK and it was just too little. We wound up getting the F-150, and it was the best decision. Everybody fits, we can haul the dirtbikes in the back or on the trailer, and we can even haul Frank if we want to...Have a feeling you'll get so much enjoyment out of the things you can do with the Chevy that you won't have too much of a chance to miss the Rubi...

Java
July 21st, 2011, 06:59 AM
Nice! I pass a white 4x4 4 door Colorado almost everyday and I really like it. The wheelwells are huge, the styling is great, and I imagine it is everybit as capable as an H3 offroad. I love my Jeep but there are times (Home Depot especially) when I'd love a truck. Congrats!!

Aaron
July 21st, 2011, 07:41 AM
Cool. How about "Kyle"... ;)

Oh, and we need Pics!

BlackRubi
July 21st, 2011, 08:18 AM
She's not too big. Nor is she too small. That's the beauty! I think she is going to work out perfectly.
I'll still miss the Rubi, but in time, that will pass.

I could slowly transition my name to something new. Change a letter every day or two.

Chris
July 21st, 2011, 08:20 AM
I could slowly transition my name to something new. Change a letter every day or two.

Day 2 could be BackRub! :lmao:

BlackRubi
July 21st, 2011, 08:29 AM
Nice, Chris!

The Colorado and the GMC Canyon share the same chassis and engine that if on the Hummer H3.

My computer is on the fritz right now. Can I text message someone with pics to upload for me? My phone isn't liking the upload page on the site. Or email?

Haku
July 21st, 2011, 09:50 AM
Nice, Chris!

The Colorado and the GMC Canyon share the same chassis and engine that if on the Hummer H3.

My computer is on the fritz right now. Can I text message someone with pics to upload for me? My phone isn't liking the upload page on the site. Or email?

You can send them to me and I'll host them on my live.com photo site (or you can do the same if you have hotmail or gmail email address).

BudgesT at hotmail dot com

BlackRubi
July 21st, 2011, 10:01 AM
Sent. Thanks, Josh!

Haku
July 21st, 2011, 10:39 AM
Here are your pics...

https://by2.storage.live.com/items/6D5C6BD062842F31!1323:Scaled1024/IMAG0387.jpg?psid=1&ck=0&ex=720

https://by2.storage.live.com/items/6D5C6BD062842F31!1324:Scaled1024/IMAG0388.jpg?psid=1&ck=0&ex=720

Squshiee1
July 21st, 2011, 10:41 AM
OH! nice truck! i love those trucks. mainly the double cab!

BlackRubi
July 21st, 2011, 11:15 AM
Thanks! Also, if anyone is in the market for a Wrangler Rubicon, I think I know of one at Lakewood Fordland. Just a hunch.

Andrew
July 21st, 2011, 11:26 AM
Awww....shoulda got the Xterra ;)

Brad
July 21st, 2011, 12:14 PM
Nice Nerf bars! Where should we demolish them first? :D

Seriously, I can sympathize with needing a truck every now and then. Good purchase! Fam first! :thumb:

Jackie
July 21st, 2011, 05:36 PM
Maybe ColoradoGold.

Or you could play with your last name:

Payneintheneck
Payneinthea$$
ImaPayne

Just kiddin' with ya! REALLY nice looking truck!

Stephen
July 21st, 2011, 06:03 PM
Goldmember! :D

Roostercruiser
July 21st, 2011, 06:19 PM
Nice Kyle. Fordland is 1 minute away from my place. I like it. What about "goldmine"

96blkbeauty
July 21st, 2011, 07:11 PM
Nice truck. I like Colorado's....especially the ones with 4 doors! Should have gotten one of those instead of my Ranger.

BlackRubi
July 21st, 2011, 08:54 PM
If Ford made a crew cab Ranger here in the states, I may have gone that route. I was not a big fan of the Colorado/Canyon/Isuzu I250/Isuzu I350 when they first came out, but the look started growing on me, as well as the nice stance, especially when lifted.

The gas mileage is fairly impressive while still having decent power. I gained horsepower, but I lost a little bit of torque. I was pretty much getting 13-14 mpg on the Rubicon. The 3.5L inline 5 gets 17 city/22 hwy, or so it is rated, and in researching I read about purple getting around 24 hwy and 19 city with around 21 combined. So that will be really nice.

Geno
July 21st, 2011, 09:19 PM
Nice truck, I love having 4 doors on my Tacoma. Even though my kids do not ride much with me now , Robert B has the K5 blazer and Jeremy drives the Pathfinder now, once a while I have to haul 4 people and 4 doors are the only way to go. How about Z gold or 71 gold? :D

BlackRubi
July 22nd, 2011, 06:14 AM
I'll figure something out. It's hard to make a change to something that you have used to identify yourself for so long.

coaz4x4
July 22nd, 2011, 10:42 AM
Nice lookin' truck! I can feel your pain having to make the change, but that's not a 'terrible' substitute.

Keep the SN... unless you really feel it needs a change.. I haven't wheeled in AZ in 6 years? I just use the same one on every forum.

BlackRubi
July 27th, 2011, 12:07 PM
OK, so we have Goldmember, Goldmine, and a few others.

Just thought of one. What do you think of Kylerado?

BlackRubi
July 27th, 2011, 12:10 PM
*Sigh*

Nice to see that they didn't remove the FR4x4 stickers though! Maybe we will get a new member by default.

http://lakewoodfordland.com/usedcars/2005_JEEP_WRANGLER_Lakewood_1J4FA69S65P344195.aspx

Aaron
July 27th, 2011, 01:07 PM
I like Kylerado.

Beefy
July 27th, 2011, 03:05 PM
I like Kylerado.

Me too!

Any idea what the dealer is asking for it? The curiosity would be killing me! :D

I need a FR4x4 sticker! :p

ColoJeeper
July 27th, 2011, 03:44 PM
xBlackRubi

BlackRubi
July 27th, 2011, 10:48 PM
I'm curious. I thought about calling in to find out. I can guarantee that it is over $16K. I might make up some fake email and just do the price request online. Maybe under the name Mike Carr (my car, get it?)

So that's two for Kylerado. Not sure if ColoJeeper wants me to keep BlackRubi or not. The "X" confuses me. Is it keep the name, nix the name, or change to xBlackRubi (like ex)?

Maybe I can think up some funky symbol and go by "the member formerly known as BlackRubi".

ColoJeeper
July 28th, 2011, 08:46 AM
Thought was ex-BlackRubi that way folks still know you by recognized screen name and can also figure out the rubi is gone...

BlackRubi
July 28th, 2011, 09:36 AM
RecoveringJeepaholic

Heather
July 29th, 2011, 09:41 PM
The symbol idea is awesome, lol!

BlackRubi
July 30th, 2011, 05:04 PM
They finally put a price on her on the website. $19,997 :what:

Aaron
August 1st, 2011, 02:01 PM
Wow. I paid 18,900 for my unlimited a year ago.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk

BlackRubi
August 1st, 2011, 02:04 PM
I think it had to do with the low mileage. Still, I paid $18900 for her two years ago. Funny how that works.

BlackRubi
August 1st, 2011, 02:05 PM
Still taking suggestion for screen names.

BLUE THUNDER
August 2nd, 2011, 08:52 PM
Only thing I can come up with off the top of my head is "Gold Digger" or "Z Gold"

RockyMtnHigh
August 3rd, 2011, 12:45 AM
Still taking suggestion for screen names.

How about just "Payne" or "PayneintheAss"! :lmao: I am totally kidding, just couldn't resist! :thumb:

BLUE THUNDER
August 4th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Just saw your jeep on craigslist. dealership posted the ad today.

Hypoid
August 5th, 2011, 02:14 AM
Nobody has taken Kyle for a screen name. :)

Brody
August 6th, 2011, 05:17 AM
Nobody has taken Kyle for a screen name.

Don't add confusion to the mix, Mike....:lmao:

BlackRubi
August 22nd, 2011, 10:29 AM
I think I have decided on a new name. Looking for input. What are your thoughts on "Bruiser"?

This past week, I started landscaping the back yard.
I had to get some topsoil and sod. The truck is rated at 3/4 ton payload. Both trips for dirt, I told them that I did not want over 1 ton and would just take it easy on the way home. Both trips, they loaded me down with 1 1/4 ton worth of dirt. The truck didn't make so much as a creak or a moan. I made sure to avoid highways and took it easy over any bumps, and the truck performed beautifully.
Pretty much the same story with the sod. I told them that I would take half of the load, then come back for the rest. They said that they loaded up the same size load on a S-10 earlier that day. I gave it a shot. Again, the truck did great!

At first, I was calling it "Scooter" because it scooted along much faster than the Jeep. After seeing the hauling abilities, the wife suggested "Bruiser" and I kinda like it.

Brad
August 22nd, 2011, 10:38 AM
HEY! Isnt kylerado a play off my screen name? :speechless:

Aaron
August 22nd, 2011, 10:53 AM
I like Bruiser. Give me the word!

Rob
August 22nd, 2011, 12:41 PM
At first, I was calling it "Scooter" because it scooted along much faster than the Jeep.

Check the member list. Scooter's taken.

Hypoid
August 22nd, 2011, 06:03 PM
What are your thoughts on "Bruiser"?
As long as you don't hang those plastic testicles from it.

I've had my F-100 for nearly 20 years, still have not found a name that sticks.

BlackRubi
August 23rd, 2011, 09:03 AM
If I added the truck nuts, I would call it bruised nuts.

The StRanger
February 4th, 2013, 10:23 PM
Major Payne ???