PDA

View Full Version : Labor Day?

Heather
August 14th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Anyone planning on wheeling? A pusscake run, nothing harder than 6-7?

Robert B
August 14th, 2011, 07:34 PM
i might be trying to do something more down on my end of the mountain with some people i know and i will let you know on that :)

Beefy
August 14th, 2011, 07:34 PM
How about wheeling ON labor day? If that's a possibility than I'd love to go. Think I have training both Saturday and Sunday. Should know more soon though (like this week). I want to see you wheel that thing now! How about Miller Rock? :D

Zukrider
August 14th, 2011, 07:44 PM
pretty sure that Pusscake has a limit of 5 and lower! on a 5 scale, 2.5 and lower.

Squshiee1
August 14th, 2011, 07:44 PM
i think i would be up for a puss cake run, i am also going to change my avatar to ..... pusscake!

Zukrider
August 14th, 2011, 07:57 PM
cant, per the rules homie!

Heather
August 14th, 2011, 08:05 PM
How about wheeling ON labor day?
Yes, this is definitely what I'm asking about! The Monday some of us are lucky enough to have off, paid!

Pusscake has a limit of 5 and lower!
Dang. I am *definitely* a pusscake, and I've done a smidge of 7, I think, on one of the runs. Or, maybe I just chicken trailed around it. How about 6-7, as long as there's chicken trails?

Beefy
August 14th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Yes, this is definitely what I'm asking about! The Monday some of us are lucky enough to have off, paid!

Sweet! I'm in! :D

Heather
August 14th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Sweet! I'm in!

Yeeessssss!!!

Fordguy77
August 14th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Id be down to ride with some one if its happening on monday. I have a concert sunday so that would be a no go.

Robert B
August 14th, 2011, 08:41 PM
hey chris if i get monday off (think i do lol) you can ride with me :) if kateys coming tell me so i can put my back seat in also

Fordguy77
August 14th, 2011, 08:42 PM
hey chris if i get monday off (think i do lol) you can ride with me :) if kateys coming tell me so i can put my back seat in also

i think she probably has work, but i am not sure, i'll let you know when i do.

Jackie
August 14th, 2011, 08:57 PM
I think I'm the queen of pusscake. The tuffest I've done is 5-6 and I need spotting on some stuff like today!Name the trail and I'll consider going. I may have to take my little girl which makes me even more of a pusscake!

Rob
August 14th, 2011, 11:44 PM
I need spotting on some stuff like today!

I think we all got spotted at some point. I recall asking for a spot a couple of times today, and I've done that trail a half-dozen times. :) (I guess we were the Pusscake Patrol.:lmao:)

Heather
August 24th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Labor Day's around the corner...

RidgeRunner
August 24th, 2011, 07:17 PM
I'd be in for some wheeling on Labor Day, hoping to do a shakedown run with the new 4Runner.... If I can get is back together.

Zukrider
August 24th, 2011, 07:31 PM
if you all are still taking requests, how bout halfmoon creek?

Zukrider
August 24th, 2011, 07:35 PM
spring creek?

EldoradoFJ60
August 24th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Labor day weekend I try to avoid anything that involves driving. Everybody and their brother is out there. I'll probably go fishing somewhere remote.

Jackie
August 24th, 2011, 07:53 PM
I'll be in Grand Lake for the weekend - so I'm out.

Robert B
August 24th, 2011, 08:13 PM
hey im thinking i might try and camp and wheel around metberry longwater and hackett gulchs for this .......probly leave fri night and come back sometime sunday anyone interested in joining me ??

Squshiee1
August 24th, 2011, 08:21 PM
well migh higest is also a 7 but i would like to try an 8! i still am damageless!

Robert B
August 24th, 2011, 08:32 PM
oh haha heres this http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=209

mattzj98
August 24th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Id be down for a pusscake 6 - 8 rated trail but really, ill just go anywhere you guys figure haha. Spring creek is cool but also have been wanting to do Kelly Flats which is 4 to 8 I think so its within range for most anyone

Heather
August 24th, 2011, 08:53 PM
I'm all over that. There's rock on both sides, instead of rocks, and a skinny sloughing area on the side of a cliff. It seems like Kelly Flats has something for everyone. Mulberry looks cool, too!

mattzj98
August 24th, 2011, 09:02 PM
It seems like Kelly Flats has something for everyone.
see, im a thoughtfull guy.. sometimes.. rarely.. but it happens haha

Rob
August 24th, 2011, 10:08 PM
I wouldn't take the FJC through the Chutes and the 40's not set up for it (bigger tires, lockers, exo-cage, etc.)

Here's what TD says about it: Larger vehicles may find this obstacle to be impossible, and all vehicles should expect body damage. The bottom part of the Chutes will force you to get very close to a large rock wall with the side of your vehicle, and the middle will surround you with rocks. Wheel stands near the bottom are very common. This obstacle probably requires a flexible suspension and lockers.

There is a bypass. But then it's just Heart Attack Hill and the rest of the trail is stocker-friendly.

Beefy
August 24th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Would be a long day but Kelly Flats definitely looks fun!! Post it up! :D

mattzj98
August 24th, 2011, 10:10 PM
should I or does anyone else got it?

Squshiee1
August 25th, 2011, 05:34 AM
I think i would be up for kelly!

mattzj98
August 25th, 2011, 05:43 AM
Posted

Brody
August 25th, 2011, 06:23 AM
Keep in mind that it is really easy to run both Kelly Flats and then duck over to Sevenmile as the road that connects the two trails is the same one you dump out onto when you exit Kelly Flats. We have done that quite a few times. Neither trail is really long and combining them works well for a nice day of wheeling.

Heather
August 25th, 2011, 06:53 AM
Maybe also Bald Mountain?

Brody
August 25th, 2011, 06:57 AM
I think you hit the Bald Mountain trail when you head from Kelly Flats down into Sevenmile. Without looking at a map, if I had to guess, it is actually the trail that connects Kelly with Sevenmile. Makes a nice loop at any rate.

Zukrider
August 25th, 2011, 02:04 PM
for the record, spring creek only has 1 obstacle on the cliff side section, which isnt even spring creek. it is the road to the trail. and it really isnt that hard. the rest of the hard stuff, which isnt that bad with good driving, is on a up hill slope with flat ground and trees around it. its a kick ass trail. the one other hard spot, down at the bottom/beginning, is hard, but not necessary, as it is bypassable.

ColoJeeper
August 25th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Biggest problem with Spring Creek is how close to town it is, and the amount of traffic on it. Is a great weekday trip, but i'd avoid it on a weekend unless you start really early.

Brody
August 25th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Ditto on Spring Creek, especially if you try to do the first obstacle. The last time I was there...and I thought we were early...there were at least 20 rigs in front of us. Of course by the time you realize that you are far, far back in the pack, you can no longer turn around. I hardly ever do the first obstacle for this reason anymore. It also happens to be the hardest trail close to Denver town since they closed Carnage Boulder and gets all of that traffic now.

otisdog
August 25th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Does that mean you're going to join us?

He might have a heart attack.
Jim

Rob
August 25th, 2011, 10:20 PM
Does that mean you're going to join us?

Not likely. That's a bit far away for a Monday run when I have to work Tuesday.

He might have a heart attack.
Jim

:lmao:
An aneurysm or a stroke maybe, but not a heart attack. Had a cardiac cath a few years ago. Clean as a whistle. :workingOut:

Beefy
August 29th, 2011, 07:34 PM
what about another MSV/Coney Flats run? :D

There's already a run planned for Monday (Labor Day). There isn't anything on Sunday yet, but how about the 10th of September for MSV/Coney? I have a bone to pick with that run. :D That was my first run in my Jeep and I bent my tie rod. Totally my fault, but I need to do it again. :D

Beefy
August 29th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Not the 10th of September! How about the 17th or 18th of September? or the 24th or 25th?

You have something going on the 10th? Amanda is out of town (PARTY! :D) and I don't have anything. The only day of those that you mention that I have free is the 25th. I'm down for that. :)

Heather
August 29th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Yay, Beefy!! You going to post it as planned? (Hint, hint...) :D

Beefy
August 29th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Yay, Beefy!! You going to post it as planned? (Hint, hint...) :D

Ask and yee shall receive. :D

Heather
August 29th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Freakin' softball and will be in Florida for nationals

Yeah, but that's cool!!! National-level softball playa in our midst!

Beefy
August 29th, 2011, 08:20 PM
lmao..Heather..I miss-spoke..it's "worlds"...women's "c" worlds in florida...the teams got a good shot at winning this year..it's pretty much 1st place or your last :) but I'm bummed..I'd honestly rather go up four wheeling..my boy's starting to think he's never gonna get up again LMAO

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: