PDA

View Full Version : Rubicon 2012

Zukrider
August 14th, 2011, 07:47 PM
this is the feeler!

i have never even driven to cali. so i am in the planning stages. pretty much a week to 10 days for this in my mind. thinking fall or early winter before the snow so its not so hot.

would love some input from those that have ran it.

lets get some input and see who would be interested.

joe

scout man
August 14th, 2011, 07:57 PM
hmmm, this has my attention. I'll be honest, it might not be too plausible for me, but I am intrigued and if it developes and I can pull it off, I might be in!

Zukrider
August 14th, 2011, 08:08 PM
not so sure its plausible for me either, but im gonna try! looks like $600 for me in fuel, and ill camp the whole time, so no hotel fees!

Rob
August 14th, 2011, 08:18 PM
I'm interested but it depends on a few things, such as finances at the time (can't blow my retirements savings yet). I'd want to bring the 40, since I imagine trail damage is a big possibility with an IFS rig and that would not be good for the daily driver. By then, I'd need at least 33-inch tires and a rear locker on the 40. And that's a long drive for the 40, so I'd prefer to rent a flatbed truck to get it out there. We'll have to wait and see.

Fordguy77
August 14th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Id be interested in this, should have a rig somewhere near what i want and running well enough to make an attempt.

Haku
August 14th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Steve has a class A license, so it would be remotely plausible to rent an semi and drive a bunch of rigs there on that. Can't say I would be thrilled to spend 16+ hours each way driving the Con. I will say that I've always wanted to run it though. Lots of other trails around there too from what I hear. I've kayaked a lot in that area and its awesome.

Lots of stuff to take into account, but if the timing is right and I can afford it I would be interested.

Fordguy77
August 14th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Slideshow
http://www.jeepcali.com/the-rubicon-trail-november-2010/

Zukrider
August 14th, 2011, 11:44 PM
great link! thanx!