PDA

View Full Version : 1st Gen 4runner Shackles

Fordguy77
August 15th, 2011, 09:00 AM
I've done some internet searching and I have come up with some inconsitant info. I'm trying to find the deminsion from inside to inside on the shackle on both the frame end and spring end. If anyone can help me out it'd be great! Thanks!

Fordguy77
August 15th, 2011, 09:02 AM
I need the info for both the front and rear shackle if possible, thanks again

Patrolman
August 15th, 2011, 06:25 PM
The fronts have 2 different widths. The flare out. The top is wider than the bottom to clear the rear frame rail. I don't have a solid axle so I can't measure them. The rears are straight cut. I can get the width off my 87 as it is the same, but may take a few days. Busy with work.

Fordguy77
August 15th, 2011, 08:03 PM
The fronts have 2 different widths. The flare out. The top is wider than the bottom to clear the rear frame rail. I don't have a solid axle so I can't measure them. The rears are straight cut. I can get the width off my 87 as it is the same, but may take a few days. Busy with work.

Thanks! Its no rush, i plan on makin them at work so whenever you get to it if you do is fine. Thanks!

Rob
August 15th, 2011, 11:08 PM
So did you get yourself a 4Runner, Chris?

Clint Z
August 16th, 2011, 09:38 PM
I could have measured them for you.:)

Fordguy77
August 16th, 2011, 09:51 PM
I could have measured them for you.:)

haha wow i feel like an idiot! After everything else ive been asking for i never even thought of asking you about the shackle dimensions! Its been one of them weeks :bang:

Fordguy77
August 17th, 2011, 04:43 PM
So did you get yourself a 4Runner, Chris?
Maybe.....