PDA

View Full Version : Don't Forget to Put it in Park!

Chris
September 1st, 2011, 05:37 PM
Here's what happens if you don't. :erm:

Nobody was injured, they stepped out to enjoy the scenery which I imagine did not include watching their 4Runner drop 1,000 ft.

Newb Tourist
September 1st, 2011, 05:44 PM
That is a der moment, wow.

ColoRaider
September 1st, 2011, 08:14 PM
D'oh!!

Warrlord
September 1st, 2011, 08:32 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/Warrlord/Misc/oops.gif That's gotta ruin your day :frown: Glad nobody was hurt.

ColoRaider
September 1st, 2011, 08:49 PM
My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it

Heather
September 1st, 2011, 09:01 PM
I'll bet that was an expensive extraction.

Funrover
September 1st, 2011, 09:55 PM
D'oh!!

What he said

Brad
September 2nd, 2011, 04:24 AM
Wow. :eek:

glacierpaul
September 2nd, 2011, 06:11 AM
The scenery "was" nice!, ouch!

BigE
September 20th, 2011, 08:10 PM
That has to be the most expencive view of a life time:eek:

scout man
September 20th, 2011, 08:37 PM
i did this with my scout one time. Well, i actually put it in park, but park failed. Fortunately it was only in a parking lot and only took out a jeep.

Popsgarage
September 20th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Uhh, honey did you set the parking brake?????

Heather
September 20th, 2011, 09:13 PM
This reminds me I got to get the jeeps parking brake fixed lol
Mine sucks, too. Every time we stop on a trail, I put it in first, e-brake up, and turn it off. Sigh.

Popsgarage
September 20th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Mine sucks, too. Every time we stop on a trail, I put it in first, e-brake up, and turn it off. Sigh.

Better safe than sorry. Reminds me, I need to finish hooking up the wife's e-brake. Sigh.

Brody
September 21st, 2011, 06:50 AM

What? Didn't I tighten that up enough not too long ago? I thought we tested that in my driveway and you said it was fine......

Robyn-I can tighten yours up no problem. Should have said something when you were here the other day....

Heather
September 21st, 2011, 06:13 PM
What? Didn't I tighten that up enough not too long ago? I thought we tested that in my driveway and you said it was fine...
It IS (way better) tighter, and I would think it would hold better, but for some reason it doesn't. I don't get it.

Brody
September 21st, 2011, 06:22 PM
Just needs to be tightened a little more. Not a big deal. I can walk Chris through it Friday or Thursday evening when he drops off Nick's rig for the bumpers.

skfnick
September 21st, 2011, 08:23 PM
drops off Nick's rig for the bumpers.
:D :D :D :D

Popsgarage
September 21st, 2011, 10:00 PM
What did you and Pete come up with for bumpers, Nick?

glacierpaul
September 22nd, 2011, 05:53 AM
Brody, you actually think Jeep has an E-brake that works?:) I was actually kicking around making a "Jeep" wheel chock and selling them, since 4 of my (old) Jeeps always seem to not work. Have had them fixed, only to fail, but luckily not "epic" fail.

Brody
September 22nd, 2011, 06:03 AM
One does hope...The best e brake I have ever had was a tractor brake that I modified to use on one of the many heaps that I had.

I am not impressed with Jeeps e brake, neither am I impressed with Yotas. They both seem very hit or miss. One persons work great all the time, the other persons ....well...sorta works no matter how tight stuff is or how new the brake drums and pads are. I recently got a line lock that I am going to install on my heap because mine has now fallen into the 'sorta works' category, new cable, brakes, drums having made no difference. I would have gone for the T case brake, but have so far like no one's design.

jesse05lj
October 3rd, 2011, 05:13 PM
at least no one was hurt! I can imagine how upset they felt. being helpless to stop your rig from uter destruction!