PDA

View Full Version : Old Guys - Who Are They Really?

Chris
September 4th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Since this comes up periodically I figure it deserves it's own thread. Post up if you're one of the gang. :thumb:

Don't even think of including yourself if you're not at least 50 years old.

I'll start - I'm even older than Brody since I'll be 61 this month. :erm:

Brody
September 4th, 2011, 07:51 PM
By my incredible deductive reasoning, I am 60 as of last July......

Hypoid
September 4th, 2011, 10:06 PM
I can be 15 if I want!

Otherwise, just slid past the half-century mark.

Rob
September 4th, 2011, 10:18 PM
I'm even older than Brody since I'll be 61 this month.

Dang, it seems like just yesterday you turned 60.

I have 18-year-old enthusiasm in a 54-year-old body. I still have cat-like reflexes; however, I'm often sore for several days after exercising them. When I go to the store and a clerks ask me if I want the 10 percent senior citizen discount, I say "Hell, no, I want to pay 10 percent more than everyone else!" Then I steal a tube of Ben *** for his impertinence.

"I don't feel old. I don't feel anything till noon. That's when it's time for my nap." -- Bob Hope

Pathrat
September 4th, 2011, 10:47 PM
Old guys are pretty gd funny! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Geno
September 4th, 2011, 11:10 PM
I past 52 years last July, But according to my sons ,I am older than dirt, since I helped shovel it out of the truck to make the planet.:brody:

Pops
September 5th, 2011, 08:37 AM
As Toby Keith says:
I ain't as good as I once was
But I'm as good once as I ever was

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldQrapQ4d0Y

Pops (21 + 30 years experience)

ROKTAXI
September 5th, 2011, 07:58 PM
"Age is not a particularly interesting subject. Anyone can get old. All you have to do is live long enough." - Groucho Marx

Maybe there should be a prize? (I can just imagine what...). I may not only be the oldest (67 in about 3 weeks) but probably live the furthest away as well..... way west of the Western Slope.

I'd write more, but it's time for my nap.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Jackie
September 5th, 2011, 08:31 PM
My dad couldn't wait to become a "senoir citizen" because then he only had to pay $.10 for a ride on the bus and that earned him the right to be an Arss!

I'll be 50 in January - so look out........................... I'm going to be a B****. (I already am if you ask my husband and kids, but I'll probably still laugh a lot. We'll see...)

ROKTAXI
September 5th, 2011, 09:20 PM
....couldn't wait to become a "senoir citizen".....

Not to mention parking spaces, restaurant menus and my favorite (really!) is a lifetime pass ($10) to all the National Parks!!

Rob
September 5th, 2011, 10:17 PM
I'll be 50 in January - so look out..

:lmao: Yea! Jackie's gonna be one of the "old guys." :rolleyes:

ColoJeeper
September 6th, 2011, 10:14 AM
.... hit 50 in a week.

GaryG
September 6th, 2011, 04:18 PM
50 in March

Aaron
September 6th, 2011, 04:22 PM
50 in 15

(years) :brody:

Brody
September 6th, 2011, 04:29 PM
50 in 15

Doesn't count. You are obviously too young to be on this particular thread:D

Chris
September 6th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Even the admin doesn't read the first post! :eek:

Rob
September 6th, 2011, 10:01 PM
I'll be 50 in January

.... hit 50 in a week.

hit 50 in March

Guess I'll start planning an Old Guys (and Gal) run for next summer. I'll bring the Geritol. :D

Aaron
September 7th, 2011, 09:56 AM
I thought about it :blah::blah::blah:

Chris
September 7th, 2011, 10:04 AM
You might want to throw in a couple younger guys, so they can help

Good idea Chris, a couple young guys to push, stack rocks, change tires, etc would probably be a good idea! :D

Chris
September 7th, 2011, 10:55 AM
I forgot "cook us old farts lunch!" :lmao:

SCRubicon
September 7th, 2011, 10:58 AM
"Age is not a particularly interesting subject. Anyone can get old. All you have to do is live long enough." - Groucho Marx

That one almost made me snort my drink. I'm still defying death, but I think it has taken a toll on the ol' airframe. One too many times going through the windshield head first and other random bodily injuries - I'm not feeling like a very fresh 37 yrs young...ha ha ha

RockyMtnHigh
September 7th, 2011, 10:59 AM
I forgot "cook us old farts lunch!" :lmao:

I would draw a line at changing diapers! :erm:

Jackie
September 7th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Wait...What???

Chris
September 7th, 2011, 03:04 PM
I've been avoiding this one too Jackie. It sounds like Jock is willing to cook for us, cut up our food, feed us, burp us, wipe our chins but not change diapers. Pretty swell guy I'd say. :rolleyes:

RockyMtnHigh
September 7th, 2011, 03:06 PM
but not change diapers.

I was just assuming you wore them, guess we know now! :eek:

Chris
September 7th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Not yet Jock, uncontrolled crap is still limited to coming out of my mouth only. ;)

RockyMtnHigh
September 8th, 2011, 04:01 AM
Not yet Jock, uncontrolled crap is still limited to coming out of my mouth only. ;)

You know they make stuff for that:

http://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/2011/02/fixodent-lawsuit.jpg

:lmao:

otisdog
September 8th, 2011, 08:44 AM
I'll be 58 very soon. Thank God for Polident. By the way - I'm the one in the Jeep with the grey hair - I have plenty of it but it's white.
Jim
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/otisdog4/Chinaman%20Old%20Farts/DSC01258.jpg

lucky13
September 23rd, 2011, 07:33 PM
I'm new to the forum but not this "club"...54 last May. Thankfully, men only have to get old, we don't ever have to grow up!

Popsgarage
September 23rd, 2011, 11:08 PM
according to my sons ,I am older than dirt, since I helped shovel it out of the truck to make the planet :lmao::lmao::lmao:

And I really thought I was old at 44. I feel much older most of the time, not because I'm that out of shape, but more because my schedule, kids and wife make me a little crazy. And my "boss" makes me want to kill him. I now feel well and truly ashamed. :erm:

Errinjan
September 24th, 2011, 07:58 AM
"Old Guys (and Gals) Rock" we just don't turn the music up so loud. Hell sometimes I forget to even turn it on. I'm sitting here wondering just how old I am, 53 I think "going on 54" When was the last time "going on" was spoken about a birthday.
At fifty comes the realization that evidently I didn't do enough stupid things to warrant my demise. But looking back I am truly amazed that I'm still here.
Quote from every guy over 50 "If I'd known I was going to live this long. I would've taken better care of myself" Imagine this new breed of young dare devils. They need to pray for advanced medical procedures for their 50's- I see lots of moaning and groaning in their future
Personally I love being over 50, I've earned the right not to give a damn about what anyone else thinks. Grouchy is my favorite mood.
There is nothing "hotter" than a 50+ hot chick.

Chris
September 24th, 2011, 08:59 AM
There is nothing "hotter" than a 50+ hot chick.

:thumb: One of the defining moments of getting to be an old guy is when one looks at a young woman and thinks "I bet her mom is hot!"

Cr33p3r
September 24th, 2011, 09:22 AM
One of the defining moments of getting to be an old guy is when one looks at a young woman and thinks "I bet her mom is hot!"

Heck you don't have to be over 50 to think that! I do it and I am only 46 and my oldest son well lets just say he has done it for longer than I can remember and he is 25(any cougars available) for him?

BigE
September 24th, 2011, 10:08 AM
I will agree with you on that, but I have learned a lot from them unfortunately I did it the hard way

Brody
September 24th, 2011, 05:29 PM
At fifty comes the realization that evidently I didn't do enough stupid things to warrant my demise. But looking back I am truly amazed that I'm still here.
Quote from every guy over 50 "If I'd known I was going to live this long. I would've taken better care of myself" Imagine this new breed of young dare devils.

It is a mind set. The day I turned 50, I was camped at the base of an 800 foot rock that we (myself and friends) were establishing a bunch of new rock climbs on. "****," I said to myself, "I am ******* 50 today". I had some good coffee, packed my **** up and decided to see how many climbs I could rope solo (I was camped by myself) before dark. Rope soloing means covering the same ground 3 times: the lead up, the rap down to the anchors, then the jug back up. I soloed 3600' feet of sweet climbing up to low range 5.11, only taking one short 20' fall, with almost all the rest of the climbing being in the 5.9-5.10+ range. Multiply that times 3, then add the return rappels down to the base of each route. That is a lot of footage for an "old" (my ass) dude. That ended up being one of the absolute best days climbing I ever had in my life. I did the last rappel down to the bottom in the dark.

50 simply ain't ******* old.

Errinjan
September 24th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Blessed are those with good health!
The rest of us hurt from time to time.

Brody
September 24th, 2011, 07:28 PM
I hurt most of the time both due to the kind of work I do and accumulated sports injuries. It isn't so much having pain, because that is simply ******* pain, it is more a matter of just how much you want it to control your life. I haven't had a single pain free day since the mid 80s and I am most surely not "blessed".....I maybe am not Mr Smiley, but I sure don't let it slow me down. Like I said, it is simply pain....