PDA

View Full Version : Jenny Lake

Metalhed
September 5th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Quick report,
I made it past the creek, where I crushed my rocker panel last year.
Got stuck in the creek, got unstuck Thanks Max and ATV guys
Used slider to get stuck
Went swimming in creek-- Very Cold!!
Made it to the top no problems.

Some parts of the trail are tippy and rough, but a fun trip!

Rollins pass road brings the suck. The road is terrible. I remember 20+ years ago being able to drive the family car
up to Jenny lake with no issues. I think I rattled my fillings out

some pics to follow

Michael4rnr
September 5th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Looked like a great. Awesome pictures.

Max
September 5th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Ahhh, I love the smell of warm evergreen trees! We ran the trail uphill starting at the southern end, and ending at Yankee Doodle Lake, which is beautiful. There is still snow on the mountainside and draining into the lake.

There were a few tough spots, notably exiting the creek crossing there are some big rock to get over, and in the creek at one point getting around a boulder proved tricky. We got our feet wet getting the Tacoma off the boulder. It got hung up on the rocker armor, which is good because it didn't crush the door. There is also a rocky uphill section that had some bigger rocks thrown in to be challenging.

Max
September 5th, 2011, 05:06 PM
More Pictures

RidgeRunner
September 5th, 2011, 05:33 PM
This.....

Rollins pass road brings the suck. The road is terrible.... I think I rattled my fillings out.

is why I don't like Jenny Creek. The trail is OK, the road to get there is why I won't run it any more.

Nice Pics though! Looks like you had a good time.

4finger
September 5th, 2011, 05:37 PM
im not much of a mudder but that pic of the road filled with water has me thinkin.......................... hahaha

thanx for the pics. looks like you had a fun time, minus the trip up...:lmao::lmao:

Coonburger
September 5th, 2011, 06:54 PM
damn wished i wouldof known i remeber seeing u guys up by the lake we were camping right there me , monster rob, robertB and scott. did u guys hit the mud holes they were nasty. I got alot of body damage from that trail cuz iam so tall and wide. My drivers side box side is one big dent now from trees and my pass side door wont roll up all the way due to damage. Jenny creek though is by far my favorite trail period. Got alot of redneck pin stripeing as well lol. ill try to get some pics up of the mud holes they almost sallowed my 40's.

Brody
September 5th, 2011, 07:25 PM
This is why I don't like Jenny Creek. The trail is OK, the road to get there is why I won't run it any more.

X2. PITA for so short a trail. I have run that trail a lot-early and late season, day, night, etc., over the years and have come to the conclusion that it isn't worth the BS bumpy road ...and the drive...for a short trail.

Thanks for the pictures, though!

Coonburger
September 5th, 2011, 07:34 PM
the mud holes we found were actually jenny creek from what iam gathering. when u get to the bridge obstical u take a right down the creek farther till u see what looks like a bike path head down that for bout an hour then u get to the nasty mud hole hill climb we found its a actual just spur trail off of jenny but adds alot of wheeling time but u cant be afraid of getting scratches.

Java
September 6th, 2011, 06:50 AM
Jenny Creek looks great, thanks for posting!! Last time I went up there we made it about 1/2 mile down Rollins Pass and turned around, it was just no fun, that road really needs to be graded.

Heather
September 6th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Beautiful! Thanks for posting. Looks like a fun day!

Max
September 6th, 2011, 08:39 PM
It's a fun little trail, even with the road to and from it.

Seriously, that road is terrible. I was thinking it was a war zone and got micro cluster bombs dropped on it.

Beefy
September 6th, 2011, 08:49 PM
It kind of sounds like Kelly Flats with a lot of not so fun bumpy road. That water/mud looks fun though! :D

Coonburger
September 7th, 2011, 04:54 PM
i dont know why but i keep having issues posting the pics on here go to outkasts 4x4 in facebook. i wanted to refrain from tell people to go to a diff site but this one wont let me load em for some reason dam you firefox

Robert B
September 7th, 2011, 07:40 PM
ya we were camped right next to the lake under that glacier in your pic there man :)

Roostercruiser
September 7th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Too bad I couldn't finish the campig trip Coon and Robert.

P.S. Rollins Pass is one of the worst roads I've ever drivin on. I couldn't even do the 15 MPH speed limit