PDA

View Full Version : Time to start shopping...

Jackie
September 6th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Since the season is coming to a close for me (I hate snow)... I get to start dreaming, saving and shopping for my next mods.

I've got the front bumper and side-steps that I want done, so next for me will probably be the rear bumper and the fender flares. But which do I do first? (The "Tupperware" has really got-to-go). I'm thinking the rear bumper first..., but if I do the Shrockworks bumper to match the front, do I get the stubby or the full-width? I think that has got to be decided at the same time as what fenders I want even if they aren't bought at the same time. If I go full-width, then I might not be happy with the final look after whatever fenders I pick. But does the full width offer more protection than I would really want or need? I think the stubby is what I am leaning toward.

Shopping for fenders is rediculous. I might need to have one of our wizzards (Brody...) whip some up for me. But everything as to be one step at a time!

What do you think?

Beefy
September 6th, 2011, 09:23 PM
I vote for the stubby bumper as well. :D

Rob
September 6th, 2011, 09:24 PM
(I hate snow)

C'mon, you have to do at least one good snow run! It took two to three for me before I really started enjoying it. Now it's as much fun, in its own way, as summer runs.

Zukrider
September 6th, 2011, 10:16 PM
x2 on Rob. bill moore is a blast in the snow!

Brad
September 7th, 2011, 06:07 AM
I fell in love on miller rock on 1-1-11.
I agree on the stubby, less to catch rocks.

Brody
September 7th, 2011, 06:54 AM
I would also suggest the stubby rear bumper.

Aaron
September 7th, 2011, 10:17 AM
I'm a little different on the stubby question... In my TJ, I liked my stock big bumper better than my fancy high clearance bumper because when I had my rock catcher, that's what I landed on coming off a steep rock... With the higher clearance bumper, the gas tank was the first thing to hit. I know that's not an issue with JKs but you may look underneath to see what you will hit first if a bumper isn't there to take the brunt.

My 2 cents.

SCRubicon
September 7th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Got pics of the stubby vs. the full width model? How stubby/narrow is the stubby model? It all sounds good until you smash in a tub corner. :2c: And, keep the tupperware fender clips in good shape just in case the plastic fantastics ever have to go back on - they go around $5 a pop plus tax. (just bought a pile of them)

SCRubicon
September 7th, 2011, 10:47 AM
That's what armor is for!:D

Very true. I can help Jackie spend her money on this project all day long...ha ha ha :lmao: I can even make it easy ---> http://shop.poisonspyder.com/Jeep-JK-Off-Road-Equipment-s/55.htm

SCRubicon
September 7th, 2011, 10:50 AM
A project is never finished, right....especially a DAMN Jeep!

Ha ha ha, you just have to know when to walk away. Hardest thing I've done in a while.