PDA

View Full Version : Favorite tunes wheelin

CodeXJ
September 12th, 2011, 10:41 AM
I wanted to make my very own thread for the first time ever here!!! w00t!! My question is I wanna know what people love listening to when out wheelin give me a list or a song, or anything:D Maybe from this we can learn new songs we never heard before. Just sounds like fun! haha

My favorite songs when offroading include:

Kick it in the Sticks - Gilbert Brantley
It's my life - Bon Jovi
Headstrong - Trapt
Frontline - Pillar
Lying from You - Linkin Park
Highway to hell - Ac/Dc
Powerslave - Iron Maiden

there are more too :) I'll add more when I can think of the rest haha!! Just wanting to get to know the rest of you guys still pretty new :lmao: I know you guys listen to music wheelin!! Sometimes some songs just bring together that weird cool sensation when your going places people only dream of!

Aaron
September 12th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Mud on the tires - Brad Paisley
Country Boy (4 whel drive) - Alan Jackson
Hicktown - Jason Aldean
Dirt Road Anthem - Jason Aldean
Hillbilly Deluxe - Brooks and Dunn (mostly Dunn) :)

Can you guess my genre of choice?

MelloYello
September 12th, 2011, 11:00 AM
I like anything from old school "trance" like Fluke or Kruder and Dorfmeister.
It is not distracting and I can focus on driving. On the way to the trailhead, AC/DC is always in my playlist.

Brody
September 12th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Fluke, Crystal Method, Oakenfold, some 70's stuff, Savoy Brown, old Jethro Tull(Aqua Ling and prior), Air Cargo, Front Line Assembly, Front 242, some other crap...

Mr6dwg
September 12th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Bluegrass. Ralph Stanley, Third Time Out, Dan Tyminski,,,etc........

Zukrider
September 12th, 2011, 12:11 PM
lamb of god
in flames
all that remains
as i lay dying
bury your dead
soulfly
etc....

Rob
September 12th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Can you guess my genre of choice?

Punk big band blues?

I don't listen to music when I'm wheeling. I like the quiet.

Mporter
September 12th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Mine goes anywhere from electronic (techno, dubstep, ambient, etc) to freeform jazz (mostly for snowboarding), back to southern rock.

Brad
September 12th, 2011, 01:16 PM
While my music selection can be everything except country, not a country fan at all. I generally have no music playing.
A few bands I have listened to recently:

Johnny Appleseed-Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros
Irresistible Force-Jane's Addiction
Mountain Song-Jane's Addiction
Sacrifice-The Root's
Rest my Chemistry-Interpol
Signs-Bloc Party

Or throw in some of my punk roots: Bad Religion, Ramone's, Bouncing Souls, Clash..

mattzj98
September 12th, 2011, 01:45 PM
I listen to what zukrider listens to. Plus five finger deatch punch, avenged sevenfold, hinder, Bullet for my Valentine and some soft rock. Metalica sometimes too. Disturbed does good when crawling!

mattzj98
September 12th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Most of all though, when I'm wheeling, I listen to my spotter.

Zukrider
September 12th, 2011, 02:22 PM
yes A7X is great! rammstein, amon amarth, original system of a down, old korn, breaking benjamin, Hed pe, on and on!

Heather
September 12th, 2011, 02:53 PM
I usually like quiet, too - until the end of the trail/way out. My last car had a 6 disc changer (and the boom boom) in it...the Jeep only has one, and Clutch (mmmmm, Clutch...) has been in it since the day we bought it...Five Finger Death Punch would also be a good choice for me.

4Runninfun
September 12th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Johnny Cash as that CD is stuck in my player...:lmao:

However as soon as I hit the trail I usually turn the radio off. I want to be able to hear the CB, and whats going on around me and with my truck. If the trail is little more than a dirt road see above :D

Beefy
September 12th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Frank doesn't have a radio that works. Maybe next time he's out someone could just sing to me over the cb! :D

I rarely listen to my radio on the trails. I prefer listening to my skid plates and diffs banging into everything. :D:lmao:

Heather
September 12th, 2011, 04:34 PM
I prefer listening to my skid plates and diffs banging into everything.
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Jackie
September 12th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Most of all though, when I'm wheeling, I listen to my spotter.
Me too! (and it's usually in sign language, so you don't need the volume up)!

EldoradoFJ60
September 12th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Fluke, Crystal Method, Oakenfold, some 70's stuff, Savoy Brown, old Jethro Tull(Aqua Ling and prior), Air Cargo, Front Line Assembly, Front 242, some other crap...

Pete I would never have expected to hear you listening to "Im Rhythmus Bleiben" on the trail. I like a lot of those groups as well. Can't beat a little rock flute on the way to the trail.

I'd have to add in some Motorhead along with some Kodo drums.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4oFcaVY8iQ

Popsgarage
September 12th, 2011, 07:25 PM
You know how loud it would have to be to be heard over the exhaust. '80s hair, Irish punk, old Metallica, old Megadeth, System of a Down Frank Sinatra, old Elvis, Opihi Pickers, Braddah Iz, Katchafire, Big Green Tractor, and the list goes on.

Wind Dancer
September 12th, 2011, 07:33 PM
I will be listening to while wheeling:

Soltiude-the sound of nature, the sound Rocky Mountain produces-especially, the wind.
Avenged Seven Fold
Led Zepplien
Metillica
Fiver Finger Death Punch
Iron Maiden-whom is my GOD :erm: Just kidding Guy's & Gal's-seriously though, Iron Maiden is my favorite, especially, the late 80's, early 90's tunes.
And many, many more great musicians I will be listening to, too may to list here, and the greatest thing of all is no one will hear me singing. Lucky you, because then you will have to tell me, 'Do not quit your day job.' :redface:

Java
September 12th, 2011, 08:32 PM
accidentally posted it twice...

Java
September 12th, 2011, 08:33 PM
I like all kinds of music, and usually wheel with nothing, but for sure nothing else makes me feel like I'm about to do some s*%t like 46&2 by Tool really loud with lots of bass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm38Ojh61lY

Heather
September 12th, 2011, 09:57 PM
46&2 by Tool really loud with lots of bass.
Heck yeah!

Colin
September 12th, 2011, 10:03 PM
I don't listen to music when I'm wheeling. I like the quiet.
X2!!

CodeXJ
September 12th, 2011, 10:08 PM
This is pretty sweet I've seen some bands I never have heard of before and quite a few that I love!!

I like that new song country girl from luke bryan quite a bit.

As long as the trail isn't bad or rough I will listen to music puts me in the moment and usually have a passenger to keep a quick eye too. But ya guess you could say in some trails best thing to listen to is your spotter like matt said haha. Even though I know how bad he wishes Five finger death punch to be a spotter. haha

Frank doesn't have a radio that works. Maybe next time he's out someone could just sing to me over the cb!

I been offroading since I was 4 years old, When I rode with my uncles and there friends offroading when we camped they all had CB's At the time I was like 7 or 8 and riding on the road to get to the trail I got little bored go figure for my age right? I grabbed the CB and sang songs on the CB for half an hour and some into the trail til I started bouncing around haha. Singing on the CB is the best!!! As a kid Lol

SCRubicon
September 12th, 2011, 10:16 PM
The chatter on the C.B. radio if I forget the Ipod... The CD player doesn't like the trail anymore. On the pod - anything from Joe Walsh to Rob Base & DJ E-Z Rock.

Rob
September 12th, 2011, 10:49 PM
You kids just don't know how to swing. Barrel down the trail to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mJ4dpNal_k

mattzj98
September 12th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Omg Rob, that's my fav. Song!

Rob
September 12th, 2011, 11:05 PM
If you like that one, you're gonna love this one. NRBQ is the all-time best bar band I've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb4ZWccudEM&feature=related

mattzj98
September 12th, 2011, 11:10 PM
Awesome :thumb:

glacierpaul
September 13th, 2011, 06:15 AM
So far all good stuff, not too into country(save for "the man in black" Mr. Cash, was he really country or his own?)
Bob Marley & the Wailers, heck any of Bob's kids as they are all good, most all reggae works good too!
x2 on swing jazz! Hey Rob, how about some Artie Shaw, "Traffic Jam" I grew up around my great grandmother, she was a "flapper" back in the speakeasy days. I have quite a collection of original Victrola records for an original Victrola player!(thanks G. Grandma! RIP)
SCRubicon, nice!! old school rap is the best, it sounds like you and I have a pretty diverse music catalog.( Joe Walsh to Rob Base) I find it fun to set the mp3 to mix when I have friends listening, "what the hell is this song?"
White Zombie, pretty much any song! Rob Zombie's catalog is pretty good too.
x2 Amon Amarth, they all look like my brothers!(and are to some extent)
Mastodon, RHCP, U2, Progidy, Big Will (one of the first rappers to say "Jeep" in a song "Summertime"), Inexerfy (local band), The B-52's, Beastie Boys, 311, x2 for TOOL, Ella Fitzgerald, a few Lady Gaga, METALLICA "Am I Evil" (best cover of Diamond Head) pretty much damn near blowing the speakers out!!!!!

Maybe just need to list all the albums off my mp3 :)

Brody
September 13th, 2011, 06:40 AM
NRBQ! Wow...I remember when they first came out. Good group...

I usually don't listen to anything when I am actually wheeling, just on the drive up. I prefer to listen to what is going on with the rig off road...I pretty much like anything that shows some creativity...which, of course, leaves a lot of music out of the mix...I also listen to a lot of 'world' music. No mainstream pap for this boy, not even when I was growing up. We could only get AM radio, with the BS Beatles, Holly, Turtles, Beachboys, Paul Revere, etc...enough to gag a deaf maggot...with the exception of Radio X out of Texas, a pirate FM station, that actually played decent music.

4Runninfun
September 13th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Rob we played Sing, sing, sing in High School jazz band. Fun song.

Brad
September 13th, 2011, 08:37 AM
I like all kinds of music, and usually wheel with nothing, but for sure nothing else makes me feel like I'm about to do some s*%t like 46&2 by Tool really loud with lots of bass.

Tool is one of my favorite bands of all time. I have been giving them a looong rest so I can come back to them with fresh ears. They need a new album. :thumb:

ColoJeeper
September 13th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Let the kids pick what's on the stereo....just turn it down when I get to a more difficult obstacle so I can hear it drag over a rock.

Heather
September 13th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Gary - I have music envy. Your playlist sounds *awesome*! (I love old school rap, too - having moved here from MI in '87 - all the good stuff was on the radio in Detroit, and nothing here. Now all the rap is bastardized into cheating, stealing, my __________ is bigger/more expensive/hotter than yours, cap yo' ass, etc.) I don't like country, but love the Zac Brown Band (Zack? Zach?) thanks to Nick.

Mporter
September 13th, 2011, 12:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQX57tL4Y-Y

deederz
September 13th, 2011, 03:53 PM
volbeat, avenged sevenfold, blues travelers, johnny cash, ACDC... i have quite a big list but thats what played on my last trip out so ill stop there for now

CodeXJ
September 13th, 2011, 04:30 PM
i have seen a lot of awesome bands I really like and have found quite a few I never heard of before to be music very interesting!!! The first songI posted I can't tell if its country or rock or a mix or southern rock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCsyA4DHwHE

Brody
September 13th, 2011, 04:38 PM
That music is what we always called "Ruben Rock", where bands like Lynyrd Skynyrd, Molly Hatchet, Charlie Daniels, Black Oak Arkansas, (confederate flags and all) etc, etc, yawn, yawn, fit in. And yeah, I am from south of the Mason Dixon Line...just never liked "Ruben Rock"....

Zukrider
September 13th, 2011, 04:57 PM
who can leave out Austrian Death Machine! this band is the funniest **** since eddie murphy! a band based on arnold swarzenegger!

for your viewing and listening pleaseure!

best video ever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpEgQ3b_Ug0

CodeXJ
September 13th, 2011, 05:04 PM
That music is what we always called "Ruben Rock", where bands like Lynyrd Skynyrd, Molly Hatchet, Charlie Daniels, Black Oak Arkansas, (confederate flags and all) etc, etc, yawn, yawn, fit in. And yeah, I am from south of the Mason Dixon Line...just never liked "Ruben Rock"....

I grew up with lynard skynard and the now called classic rock to early heavy metal. I randomly fell upon that song from looking through offroading videos on youtube for fun. I like have tried the relateds to this band, but It seems like its a hit or miss for me. Some of the songs are nice like that one and some I just can't follow or get into. Doesn't seem to be the biggest hit ever compared to other genres.

Popsgarage
September 13th, 2011, 05:57 PM
Beyond funny sh*tt, Zuk. I can here "Get to da chahpah" now. Dadgum it now it's stuck in my head. LMFAO first tim i heard it. One of the guys brought his i-pod to work to let everyone have a listen. LMFAO again.

EldoradoFJ60
September 13th, 2011, 07:27 PM
We constantly imitate Arnold at work. Bring your box back to the carpet!

Java
September 13th, 2011, 07:57 PM
this is stoopid but fun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr4HffbAUTk

4finger
September 15th, 2011, 07:49 PM
My radio in the 4runner does not work. I do plan on installing a cheap radio deck so I can add my sirius..... but I do have a list of songs I hum to myself:lmao:

96blkbeauty
September 15th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Usually listen to the CB. Maybe some quiet music in the background.

If I do listen to music while wheeling, I listen too....well, my list could go on and on....

Black Label Society
FFDP
Slipknot
Korn
Metallica
Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
Dokken
Skid Row

And pretty much any real country. No rascal flats, taylor swift, exc.

Oh, and Brantley Gilbert is one of my favorites. He'll be at the Aggie in Fort Collins Sept 21st. I'd go, but I'll be working...

BigE
October 1st, 2011, 09:42 AM
I could do that, I can find a way to rig up my CB so that is will stay on while the CD is playing :D

BigE
October 1st, 2011, 09:48 AM
I don't listen to much while on the trail, I like the quiet sound of being off the beeten path and the sounds of all the vehicles climbing up the trail. Now if I had a system like kory's I might listen to more, but the system in my Jeep kinda sucks. I need new speakers and a whole lot more. If anyone knows of a system for sale or just speakers anything let me know.:) I love music but it has to sound good!!!!!

CodeXJ
October 3rd, 2011, 12:05 AM
It feels like a lil music in the background keeps me focused better and less anxious I'm going to break something. I like the set up i have in my jeep it's just aftermarket speakers but they are pretty clean sounding

mattzj98
October 3rd, 2011, 04:13 AM
Cody, quit breaking stuff! blasting music is a great way to deal.with clunks and squeeks though :)

mattzj98
October 3rd, 2011, 04:14 AM
What does Kory have for set up?

jesse05lj
October 3rd, 2011, 10:07 PM
Joe Im with you I like the heavy metal when I'm off-roading!