PDA

View Full Version : Midweek run?

Rob
September 12th, 2011, 02:30 PM
I'm off work this week and want to get out Wednesday, Thursday or Friday, somewhere in Boulder County: Johnny Park, Pierson Park, Pole Hill or a combination of those three.

Anyone available and want to go any of those days?

Beefy
September 12th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Wish I could go! Sounds like fun! :)

Jackie
September 12th, 2011, 04:27 PM
OOH! Pick Me! Pick Me! I know I have to work tomorrow and wednesday, but might be able to take Thursday or Friday off. I'll find out and let you know tomorrow. But I need to drop my girl off at school at 8:20 and pick her up again at 3:20. Do you think that would be enough time???

Heather
September 12th, 2011, 04:31 PM
pick her up again at 3:20
Nick could pick her up and take her to our house...just sayin'...

Beefy
September 12th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Nick could pick her up and take her to our house...just sayin'...

Does Nick get a say in this? :lmao::p

Heather
September 12th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Does Chris get a say in this?
I'm sure he would agree. Right Chris? :funrover: (I'm wondering what Funrover did to get this smiley named after him...)

Jackie
September 12th, 2011, 04:51 PM
That's a thought. We should get each-other's name put on the list to pick up each others' kids (in case of emergency trail-run needs!!!)

otisdog
September 12th, 2011, 05:01 PM
If you end up doing it on Friday maybe the wife and I can come. She wants to go 4-wheeling and she's off all week.
Right now I'm not scheduled to work Friday but that can and may very well change in the next couple days. I'm kinda "as needed" on my job right now.
Jim

Rob
September 12th, 2011, 05:33 PM
But I need to drop my girl off at school at 8:20 and pick her up again at 3:20. Do you think that would be enough time???

I'm sure we can make that work if Nick can't pick her up. Let me know which day is best for you, Jackie. If it's Friday, Jim might be able to join us.

Jackie
September 12th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Friday will be my first request.

Rob
September 12th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Friday works for me. Should I set it up assuming you need to be home by 2:20?

Heather
September 12th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Talked to Nick, he's good. I can give you his # in case you plan on being back, but might not quite make it exactly on time...or you can just plan to take your time!

Jackie
September 12th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Thanks, Heather and Nick. I'm going to make sure to get your names on the list of people who can pick up my kid. Hopefully, it won't come to that. I also have neighbors who run the day care Annika used to attend and they might be able to pick her up, so she is the least of my worries at this point.

Rob,

I think that (providing I can get Friday off) I could run at least one or two of the trails you mentioned and still get back home pretty early. If we did Johnny followed by Pierson, followed by Pole Hill, there are at least two options to bail out if I need to. Or if we did a reverse-combo like Peirson/Johnny/Pole or Pole/Pierson/Johnny, there are still two options to bail if needed.

That's a great combo up there, but all 3 would be pushing it for me...

I'll talk to the boss in the AM and let you know.

Rob
September 12th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Sounds good. I wasn't planning on doing all three, just a combo of two of them. We could do the short Pole Hill loop, then cut over to Pierson Park and run it to Highway 7. If we met at Diamond Shamrock in Lyons at, say, 9:30 a.m. I think you'd get back home with time to spare.

Jackie
September 12th, 2011, 08:26 PM
I think you're right. And I haven't been on Pole Hill in a while, so it will be interesting to see how the trail is now. Pierson as well. I think it has been 2 years.

And, Jim - I don't think I have seen you since we did the Pickle Gulch run a couple years ago. I hope you can make it.

Rob
September 12th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Excellent. I'll post the run in the morning. It'll be a nice moderate run. Just what I need while I'm on vacation.

Jackie
September 13th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Crap. I can't get any day off this week. (Boss is in Chicago and needs me to hold down the fort).

Brody
September 13th, 2011, 09:46 AM
lemme know what you decide so I can update my schedule with brody

I am supposedly doing a lower ball joint replacement on a 4Runner Thursday as well as something else that I don't remember, but planned a full day around it. Friday I was going to mount your Hi Lift to the rear bumper rack combo, which isn't going to take too long. Let me know.

Jackie
September 13th, 2011, 10:47 AM
tell them you have decided that you no longer need their services
One of these days.... (and I'm looking forward to it)!:bang:

Rob
September 13th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Bummer, Jackie. I'm going to set up a run anyway. Maybe Robyn and Jim can join me.

Jackie
September 13th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Sorry, Rob. You know those are my favorite trails and I love mid-week runs. This summer has sucked so bad...

I hope Jim and Robyn will both be able to go with you. Have fun:thumb:

otisdog
September 13th, 2011, 04:07 PM
So far nothing has come up for Friday at work but it could still get scheduled through Wednesday.
Jim

Rob
September 13th, 2011, 04:50 PM
I'll be there...the jack mount shouldn't take that long. if we are doing this in the morning..and brody is good with me coming over later in the afternoon/evening...if not..I'll just wait a bit longer for the jack mount..I seriously need to get up before I go out of town again. :) msv/coney flats would be fun LMAO :P

Already doing Coney/MSV on the 25th. I'd rather do something I haven't done this year.

Sorry, Rob. You know those are my favorite trails and I love mid-week runs. This summer has sucked so bad...

I hope Jim and Robyn will both be able to go with you. Have fun:thumb:

No problem, Jackie. I have another week off coming up before too long. I'll get you out on a midweek snow run. :)

So far nothing has come up for Friday at work but it could still get scheduled through Wednesday.
Jim

I'm fixin' to post the run now. Hope you can make it.

deederz
September 13th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Ooo this sounds fun, i have friday off school and work and was thinking about going wheeling, how are the trails i havent been on them before, good for a stock jk?

Rob
September 13th, 2011, 05:19 PM
This would be a good set of trails for you, Deanna. Both are stocker friendly. Your stock JK would do just fine.

deederz
September 13th, 2011, 05:24 PM
awesome! im in then!

Rob
September 13th, 2011, 05:58 PM
:thumb: It'll be fun. And I'll bring the FJC this time so it won't be too much fun. Comfort over style this trip.

ColoRaider
September 13th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Rob... I have no school on Friday.. I am down for whatever trails you would like to run!!!!

Jackie
September 13th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Deanna - your Jeep will do fine and Rob is a great spotter. Pole Hill is a riot (easy to get lost). Only one spot that had me with a couple wheels in the air one time, but the second or third time I ran it, I didn't even notice. Pierson and Johnny are just plain enjoyable. Nothing to worry about. Have fun!

(I hate my job, I hate my job....but I NEED my job - damn it)

Rob
September 13th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Pole Hill is a riot (easy to get lost).

I've gotten lost on it enough that I now know where I'm going (more or less). :D

Brody
September 14th, 2011, 04:50 AM
This would be a good set of trails for you, Deanna. Both are stocker friendly. Your stock JK would do just fine.

What he said. Just keep in mind that Rob is directionally challenged...

RockyMtnHigh
September 14th, 2011, 04:58 AM
Rob is directionally challenged...

Robyn is working for me that night and said she should have plenty of time for a nap after the run, I told her good luck with that! :lmao:

deederz
September 14th, 2011, 08:10 AM
I've gotten lost on it enough that I now know where I'm going (more or less). :D

haha, should be interesting.

Brody
September 14th, 2011, 08:52 AM
haha, should be interesting.

You know you are safe with Rob, especially when he says "Don't worry. I have been lost here before." A group of us did a caravan around Idaho Springs one time...got the scenic tour, actually...following Rob. He insisted that Idaho Springs had moved a lot of the the roads since the last time he was there....:lmao::lmao:

Don't get me wrong, he hasn't lost anyone yet and all arrived safe and sound at whatever final destination he was heading to.:thumb:

To be honest, he isn't the only one who has directionally challenged moments. I recently led Squishee1 on a merry chase trying to find Chris and Heather's house, the followed Chris and Heather on another merry chase trying to find where we were meeting another member....And then there is following someone who is trying to find the Devil's Canyon turnoff for the first time...

deederz
September 14th, 2011, 10:39 AM
yes sleep when you are dead! i cant really talk, im not celebrating my birthday this year because i have class early tomorrow morning and this weekend im working in the springs so i have to get up at like 5am. Maybe ill celebrate it on the trail :)

RockyMtnHigh
September 14th, 2011, 11:10 AM
SLEEP WHEN I'M DEAD I guess :)

Well my front end of the week counter part doesn't let work get in the way of his naps. I am not suggesting anything...just saying! :thumb:

Jackie
September 14th, 2011, 01:39 PM
I'll make some cupcakes!
Damn. I'm missing out on favorite trails/midweek run and now cupcakes! :bang::bang::bang:

deederz
September 14th, 2011, 02:52 PM
I love cupcakes! Too bad you cant come Jackie :(

Popsgarage
September 14th, 2011, 06:23 PM
It'll be a great B-day present to yourself Deanna, and we should all do that once in a while.

deederz
September 14th, 2011, 09:39 PM
actually my bday present to myself was taking my jeep out in the mud (clay really) tonight! i was driving home and found a little road by the golf course by my house and it was all wet clay. took a bit to figure out how to keep the jeep from getting thrown around but when i got out my jeep was covered windows down in mud, by the time i got home the rain washed 75% of it off :(

Popsgarage
September 14th, 2011, 10:47 PM
Nice.