PDA

View Full Version : Boreas Pass Info?

Java
September 17th, 2011, 05:43 PM
I'm going up to Breckenridge in about a week and we're going to drive over Boreas Pass for the first time to get there, starting on the Como side. I've read about it and I know it's just a road, I was wondering if anyone has driven the Tarryall Creek turn off or any other possible spurs off of it? Anyone hiked anything off it? We're going to have a few hours to spare and are thinking about spending it there if anything is good.

Thanks!!

Brody
September 17th, 2011, 08:54 PM
You might check the bushducks.com site (it is listed in our trail resources section) and they may or may not have current information on Boreas Pass. They seem to have a really (as in REALLY) lame approach to keeping their site information more current than "Oh...how de do....if the site was updated in 2001, it's gotta be good enough..."

There are also a couple of coffee houses in COMO that you may get some information from, and if you strike out there, try Googling weather for Hoosier Pass and that may give you an idea.

Java
September 17th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Bushducks- great idea, lousy follow through. thanks!

otisdog
September 18th, 2011, 07:55 AM
I don't know of any offshoots but Boreas is known for great fall colors and this is the right time. I've been over it once and it was a nice beautiful drive.
Jim