PDA

View Full Version : Lefthand Canyon/Castle Gulch

ccbruin
September 27th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Plan on running these trails next Thursday, October 13th. Hopefully it won't be packed with rigs as i hear it is on the weekends. Looks like Castle Gulch starts at the top of LFC.

Meeting Place: Meet at the Starbucks at 3033 Arapahoe Avenue in Boulder at 10:30am (This is also immediately next to a gas station, Moe's Bagels and King Soopers)

CB: Channel 4. (I plan to have my CB hooked back up by the time of this run)

Lefthand Canyon:
http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=6

Castle Gulch:
http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=162

otisdog
September 28th, 2011, 06:46 AM
I'd love to get these trails in again this year. I may be able to go but I doubt it. All depends if I get scheduled for work that day. I was with TD on the run up there this year.
Jim

Heather
September 28th, 2011, 07:20 AM
Love this one. Sad I have to work. Looking forward to a report.

ccbruin
September 28th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Yea I was worried no one could go cause its a thursday. I refuse to go alone

Colin
September 28th, 2011, 04:20 PM
id try it with you but i got class, and my lr3 probably won't like this trail.

dcoop
September 30th, 2011, 07:36 PM
I thought Left Hand was permanently closed for the year?

Beefy
September 30th, 2011, 07:40 PM

It's open. A few of us just ran it this past weekend.

http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?14282-Left-Hand-Canyon-9-24-11

dcoop
September 30th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Aw man, I'm so out of the loop. :frown:

Brody
October 1st, 2011, 06:17 AM

I have just finished looking through all of the FS websites and any other information I can find just to double check, but there are no proposed road closures of left Hand Canyon that I can find. Traditionally, it is one of the few trails close to either Denver or Boulder that remains open though the winter months.

Granted, the FS is not happy with this trail and there are a lot of problems associated with it, including some newer problems arising with private land holdings, and the trail will probably get closed at some point coming soon. As of right now the trail remains open.

BigE
October 1st, 2011, 09:38 AM
I would love to go and I am off on Thursdays but I have a small repair being done to the rig on Thursday so I wont be able to go this time. Thursdays are usually a good day for me and also Sundays, those are my days off. Have a great time and I will look forward to seeing the pictues from the run.

dcoop
October 3rd, 2011, 09:17 AM
That's good to hear. I'll have to get up this weekend or next weekend before they most likely close it again. I would go Thursday but I have school.

ccbruin
October 4th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Yea my only class is from 8-9am. Do you guys think i will be alright going by myself? Like there will be other people there if something happens?

ccbruin
October 4th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Sorry guys. Can't make it now, im gonna put on my rear shocks, and spare tire before i go out, especially by myself.

Mods, can you either delete this or change the date to next thursday? Sorry for the inconvenience

RockyMtnHigh
October 5th, 2011, 01:10 AM
Mods, can you either delete this or change the date to next thursday? Sorry for the inconvenience

Date changed to Thursday, October 13th.

jesse05lj
October 5th, 2011, 09:12 AM
If I dont go to my class that day and can git the wifes permission I can

4will
October 10th, 2011, 11:08 AM
I'm a strong maybe. I need to move a lunch meeting and check on something with the Jeep. I hit a big bump in the road on my way back from the mountains last Thursday and suddenly got death wobble. Fortunately close to home and low speed. Not sure if I've got a problem or a fluke since my sway bar is adjusted for off road and my steering stabilizer leaked out it's fluid. Doing some inspection of the steering components today and will see what I can figure out.

ccbruin
October 10th, 2011, 12:06 PM
I'm a strong maybe. I need to move a lunch meeting and check on something with the Jeep. I hit a big bump in the road on my way back from the mountains last Thursday and suddenly got death wobble. Fortunately close to home and low speed. Not sure if I've got a problem or a fluke since my sway bar is adjusted for off road and my steering stabilizer leaked out it's fluid. Doing some inspection of the steering components today and will see what I can figure out.

Cool! hopefully everything checks out ok!

fredrok
October 12th, 2011, 07:42 AM
Got a call last night about a possible trip tomorrow. Will let you know by day's end if I can't make it.

ccbruin
October 12th, 2011, 04:11 PM
decisions dicisions. Abasin or wheelin.....

Jim
October 12th, 2011, 05:31 PM
I'm thinking of meeting, at least for me, at the trail head. Coming from the north, it'd be a shorter route. What might be a good trail head time? 10:45 / 11 / 11:15? I'm flexible as to time.

ccbruin
October 12th, 2011, 07:57 PM
I'll say around 1045-11 should be good!

4will
October 12th, 2011, 09:40 PM
So should I meet at the trailhead or the Starbucks. I'm coming through Boulder from Littleton so I can be at the Starbucks at 10:15/10:30 if that works still.

My cell is 803-four two two- 6933

See you guys tomorrow, Will

ccbruin
October 12th, 2011, 10:29 PM
How about we all just meet at the trailhead! seems like the easiest! See you guys in the morning!

ccbruin
October 12th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Have either of you run this trail before? and it seems there are a lot of different spurs... could be interesting!

Rob
October 12th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Have either of you run this trail before? and it seems there are a lot of different spurs... could be interesting!

Alec, do you need a trail map?

ccbruin
October 12th, 2011, 10:56 PM
A map would be nice, but i think we should be able to figure it out. Ill print out the TD page which seems to point out what everything is

Rob
October 12th, 2011, 11:04 PM
Ill print out the TD page which seems to point out what everything is

This is better. Download and print.

4will
October 13th, 2011, 08:40 AM
I printed the guide. Thanks for that. I gather none of us have run this.

If you guys are checking the thread this morning, I'll see you 10:45 - 11 at the trailhead.