PDA

View Full Version : Spring Creek 09/18/11

1tongorilla
September 28th, 2011, 11:44 PM
It's a little late getting this posted...but I've been messing with resizeing my pictures so they would transfer over.This was a trip that I went on with a group of guys from co4x4.org and it was a great day with minimal damage and nothing that slowed us down by needing imediate repairs.Enough gabbing,here's the pics.

Brody
September 29th, 2011, 07:05 AM
Thanks for the pictures!

I wonder if Scrat is looking at the CJ pictures and thinking back to how much room he had in it before I carved out some body panels, modified the seat mounts, roll cage and added some new seats.....

Brody
September 29th, 2011, 07:13 AM
HAHA.....get Nick to get a job to pay for his own stuff and stop spending $$ on his rig....

Kory
September 29th, 2011, 07:33 AM
Cool pictures! This was the second trail I did in my new Jeep and If I had it to do over again I might have waited on this one. I did learn a lot though!

Beefy
September 29th, 2011, 07:40 AM
Cool pictures! This was the second trail I did in my new Jeep and If I had it to do over again I might have waited on this one. I did learn a lot though!

And it was your idea!! :D

Kory
September 29th, 2011, 07:42 AM
And it was your idea!! :D

Shhhh :p

Popsgarage
September 29th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Looks like fun. Patrick, does the gentleman with the S-10 have pics of his build 'cause I'd like to pick his brain?

1tongorilla
September 29th, 2011, 11:38 PM
I don't know,and not sure if I can remember which sign on name was his.If he had a picture of it as his avatar,that would make it easier.That is aabout the nicest S-10 I've ever seen.I think I've seen him on youtube before.

Brody
September 30th, 2011, 07:59 AM
Hey Jonathan

I am sure you have been on this forum, but if you haven't, you may find some S10 junk on here that is worthwhile.

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/suspension-tech/

Popsgarage
September 30th, 2011, 06:54 PM
O

I am sure you have been on this forum

Only about every other week. Some really nice stuff on there. And some stuff that makes you afraid to be on the road in the place they were built. I've actually said to myself, I hope someone is watching over that guy.

Brody
October 1st, 2011, 06:50 AM
Didn't look over the forum that much, much less look at the build threads. I Googled for the S10 blazer hoping to find some pictures of it so that I could see what forum he was on and ran across it.

I know what you mean about the fabrication junk. I have a guy down the street from me who has a 'built' Toyota with a 350. He has some of the scariest looking fabrication that I have ever seen on any rig, anywhere, but thinks that his rig is the coolest thing. I talked to him briefly the other day when he stopped by driving something else and he told me that he had ripped his whole rear end out from under his rig, spring perches and all. I wasn't surprised.

You screw with the frame, steering, suspension, etc, in any way, either you better know what you are doing or hire someone else to do it. You are not only endangering yourself, but others on the road with you...or in your rig.

I mean if you have a welder and a primitive understanding of welding, plus some cut off junk, you can come up with something like this picture. The Yota down the street is about on par with this thing. Waste of a decent 350......

Popsgarage
October 1st, 2011, 08:51 AM
about on par with this thing.

HOLY S#!T. Yeah, stuff just like that.