PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Park Road, Sunday

Java
October 7th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Johnny Park Road 10/9/11

Meet at the Diamond Shamrock in Lyons at 10 a.m. or at the trailhead at 10:30.

Directions (from TD): From Denver take I-25 to the exit for Highway 66 to Lyons. Follow Highway 36 through Pinewood Springs and turn left on County Road 47 to Popes Hill. The trailhead is at a small dirt area on your left where you can park, and the trail itself is marked 118A.

CB channel 4

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=103 (http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=103)

This looks like a lot of fun, there's mud, rocks and hills, and with a little rain on Saturday it should be perfect! It's not a long trail, and it's rated 3 so anyone should be able to do it, there are some clips on youtube of a guy thrashing a subaru over it. Looks like a beautiful area too, should be some great photo ops as well.

Java
October 7th, 2011, 03:14 PM
a big thanks to whoever made the RSVP box checked by default, I would have forgotten to do it again. Great idiot proofing, and that's coming from the idiot himself! along those lines, I forgot to put the date in the heading, if anyone can help out I'd appreciate it!

Brad
October 7th, 2011, 04:04 PM
I don't think saints john/Deer creek is a wise run tomorrow with snow falling. See my trail run post. Sunday is the better day. :thumb:

Rob
October 7th, 2011, 08:01 PM
I forgot to put the date in the heading

I don't think you're supposed to. It does it automatically when you enter the date in the box.

Might as well meet at the Diamond Shamrock in Lyons at 10. We'll all be driving by it anyway. Does that work for you guys?

Brad
October 7th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Works for me.

Java
October 7th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Diamond Shamrock it is, I'll do my best to get there early. :thumb:

BigE
October 7th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Diamond shamrock works for me. See everyone there at 10

RonnieD
October 8th, 2011, 07:19 PM
I would love to join in the fun. I am what some people would call a "newbie" though. Is it a trail that a newbie can handle the day after a nice rain/snow day?

Java
October 8th, 2011, 08:21 PM
I think it would be OK in normal conditions, I'm not really sure what it will look like tommorow. It looks like the snow has stopped for the most part, weather.com says Lyons is 53 and partly sunny tommorow, I think it will be fun. the ground was so dry prior to today it will probably soak in / dry up very quickly after the sun comes out.

Rob
October 8th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Is it a trail that a newbie can handle the day after a nice rain/snow day?

Sure, it'll likely be slick and a little more challenging on a couple of obstacles, but it'll be doable.

Errinjan
October 8th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Looks like we will be meeting with the rest of you in Lyons. Where is the Diamond Shamrock (it's not where it's supposed to be according google street view)

Rob
October 8th, 2011, 10:27 PM
never mind

Brad
October 8th, 2011, 10:27 PM
I think it is on the left as you drive into Lyons.

Not enough snow to worry about.

Rob
October 8th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Where is the Diamond Shamrock

If you're going toward Lyons on Highway 66, it's on the left just past the intersection with U.S. 36. Google maps puts it a little too far west.

Errinjan
October 8th, 2011, 10:37 PM
we'll be coming in on 7

See you there at 10

BigE
October 8th, 2011, 10:43 PM
I'll be there at 10 also so see u all there

BigE
October 8th, 2011, 10:46 PM
It should not be to bad just be carful.

glacierpaul
October 9th, 2011, 05:56 AM
So wanting to do this run, but my YJ plow Jeep would not start yesterday morning, so I need to figure it out today, and then push some snow around. We got around 6 inches up here.

Java
October 9th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Too bad you can't make it, Paul!! I just got in from work (got an early start) and it's warmer out now than it was all day yesterday, the streets are starting to steam. Here's a live cam at Lyons, looks fine to me:
http://www.destinationlyons.com/cam.html