PDA

View Full Version : Big Black Build

Squshiee1
October 11th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Well i guess i will start a build thread.
My dad nicknamed it big black, so that's what i'm sticking with.
I guess i will Start with the previous add on's
MB Overdrive Rims 16"
Hankook DynaPro ATM's
Reese tow hitch receiver.
Rock wood amp and sony sub. 20$
Pioneers front and rear, with a dual stereo CD and AUX player.
Radio shack cb, Cobra Cb antenna.
Spectre air filter cone.
And my torsion and shackle lift. about 2"
The last pic is before i got the rims.

mattzj98
October 11th, 2011, 10:19 PM
Woohoo! yet another threat i get to follow! go big! :) (not being sarcastic) :)

Popsgarage
October 11th, 2011, 11:02 PM
I've seen some pretty cool SAS Troopers, Chase. I'd have to agree with Matt. Go big!

glacierpaul
October 12th, 2011, 05:44 AM
Nice!

Squshiee1
October 12th, 2011, 05:53 AM
Eventually thats what i plan on doing, it might be untill this summer before i can start on this project.
One of the amigos i have seen in evergreen has a 350 in it. its pretty sweet.
Oh and the troopers i have seen are amazing. im on club isuzu and planet isuzu and those things are cool.

Squshiee1
October 12th, 2011, 06:45 AM
I also just this weekend replaced both of my rear shocks and now all of my shocks match.
They are Monroe Gas-Matic shocks.

Fordguy77
October 12th, 2011, 03:20 PM
I've seen some pretty cool SAS Troopers, Chase. I'd have to agree with Matt. Go big!
Me too. Chase if you get real bored and are driving in the Lakewood Area near 26th and Kipling Take 26th to Simms real quick, and you will see 2 SASed rigs, both are Leaf sprung, and they are a Rodeo and Tropper

Squshiee1
October 15th, 2011, 08:34 PM
Well, just got done with my 8 hour repair.
I had to fix the water pump, and doing so required taking the timing belt off, which was a little harder than i thought!
The timing took the longest and was the most frustrating, but i worked through it and completed the task.
And with the help of, Matt, chris, heather, skylar, and nick. 2 of which enjoy drawing profanity on my car. I JUST CANT WIN! lol. :thumb:
Thanks guys for visiting.
Its all back together, and anyone that has had to do the timing on a toyota or an isuzu, i feel your pain. and my rodeo did stump a mechanic that i had look at it, he has been doing this for 25 years!
I wish i would have taken some pics. oh well.

Popsgarage
October 15th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Way to go, Chase. You persevered and got it done. :thumb::thumb:

Heather
October 15th, 2011, 10:22 PM
Yay, Chase! It was very cool seeing you, and meeting Peanut and Checkers. Good work! (Sorry about the dust artistry...)

otisdog
October 16th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Here's an Isuzu I went wheeling with a few years ago. Seemed to climb over everything but did have some clearance troubles.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/otisdog4/Mix/DCP_3885.jpg
Jim

Popsgarage
October 16th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Good example. Was it SAS'd?

otisdog
October 16th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Good example. Was it SAS'd?

Not sure - I was impressed with what it could do though. The biggest problem he had was catching bumpers on stuff.
Jim

4finger
October 16th, 2011, 05:55 PM
I think ill agree. I bet your 4door will look great sas'd with 35-37s. But then again I'm biased towards rock draggin', wrinkled bodyrock crawlers.....:D

Squshiee1
October 18th, 2011, 08:11 PM
It was fun having everyone over.
I dont know for sure if i want to use the rodeo for an SAS i might get an amigo.... so that i can remove the doors and the top. A foreign Jeep.
I have a strong attachment to ISUZU, they might be just OK but they have always gone above my standers, which is DON'T LEAVE ME STRANDED!
It all started with my moms Brand new 95.5 Isuzu rodeo, then my Isuzu rodeo, And then my moms Isuzu trooper Which has the the 3.5L OHHHH! i love that engine, so much low end, i can squeal the tires all of the time.
The rodeo will most likely stay IFS but 33s. but my dream amigo with 35s, SAS, locked, 3.5L, and some crawling gears.
MY uncles friends 96 rodeo has put 361,876 miles on it before he put new rings and sleeves, now its back on the road with 380,978 miles. Stock.

I also had another leak of coolant that was fixed today, turned out to be a loose bolt. I WAS PISSED, for about and hour. OH WELL!

Rob
October 18th, 2011, 09:45 PM
my moms Isuzu trooper ... i can squeal the tires all of the time.

And I'll bet mom just loves that. :lmao:

Popsgarage
October 18th, 2011, 10:00 PM
3.5L OHHHH! i love that engine, so much low end, i can squeal the tires all of the time.

Better not let yer ma read this, Chase! Or she might be:horse:

Squshiee1
October 18th, 2011, 10:06 PM
She has let me do it a couple of times, she like's to brag!

Squshiee1
December 14th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Well This is my vacation plan! Let me know what you guys think.
im not so sold on the mirrors, but i like everything else. OH! and the yellow lights that i have on there now, would also be orange!

Fordguy77
December 14th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Might as well throw the wheels in there, and the shift knobs and the list goes on haha. idk i am not one for the bright paint so i am the wrong person to ask

Squshiee1
December 14th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Thanks for your opinion! i knew the bright orange would be the first no no, but i have loved it since.... forever!

Mporter
December 14th, 2011, 08:20 PM
I agree, the mirrors look kinda....eh.

Other than that I can dig it. Not an orange guy myself, but if it were red I would ask why you haven't started yet. :cool:

Chris
December 14th, 2011, 08:22 PM
i have loved it since.... forever!

Then do it, hell with what we think! :thumb:

Squshiee1
December 14th, 2011, 09:03 PM
i was just wondering what other people were thinking!
Chris you make a great point!

Popsgarage
December 14th, 2011, 10:09 PM
I've always like Chevy Hugger Orange. Go for it, and to hell with what anyone thinks. Matt doesn't care what people think about his fluorescent green, so why should you.

RockyMtnHigh
December 15th, 2011, 12:36 AM
I agree, the mirrors look kinda....eh.

Reminds me of Halloween!

glacierpaul
December 15th, 2011, 04:41 AM
I would ride with you Chase! You would need to do the undercarriage too, and possibly some orange led trick lighting. Make it unique!

Squshiee1
December 15th, 2011, 06:21 AM
LOL!!!!! Paul, for some reason i knew you would love it! But i like the led lighting idea, but i think ill have to pass on the frame. i was thinking the shocks though! :thumb:

glacierpaul
December 15th, 2011, 06:26 AM
custom seat covers....

Squshiee1
December 15th, 2011, 06:46 AM
actually, my dad and i were going to redo the seats ourselves, we are going to do cloth, or maybe vinyl.
This is what my dad did with his bug, i wonder what we could do with my car!

glacierpaul
December 15th, 2011, 06:48 AM
That is right inline with what I had in mid Chase!

mattzj98
December 16th, 2011, 07:31 PM
yeah now get it done!! :)

glacierpaul
December 19th, 2011, 04:52 AM
Nice Chris/Nick!

Fordguy77
December 19th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Here's Nicks' dash insert painted orange...

That looks pretty slick. A lot nicer than i imagined!

Squshiee1
December 19th, 2011, 06:05 PM
i dont know if i want to touch the inside yet. i want to do the outside here soon.
I have to agree that it does look nice chris!

Squshiee1
February 26th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Well, i finally got around to making some of my car orange, i still have a way to go, but hey its a start!

Robert B
February 26th, 2012, 03:16 PM
WOW that pops out lol those side vents kinda blend in normally but now you can see them from a mile away :cool:

Michael4rnr
February 26th, 2012, 04:38 PM
The orange in the sun pops out so well.

mattzj98
February 26th, 2012, 04:48 PM
it's a hardcore rig now, watch out peeps!

haha it's looking good Chase! :)

Brody
February 26th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Looks good, Chase!

ccbruin
February 26th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Still wanting the shackles?

Popsgarage
February 26th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Lookin' good Chase!

Squshiee1
February 27th, 2012, 05:41 AM
Still wanting the shackles?
yep

Thanks guys, now i need to do the sides of the doors and the rear hatch and i will be done.

I think the paint gave about 20 more hp matt!

Brody
February 27th, 2012, 05:56 AM
What kind of shackles are you looking for, Chase? I have a bunch of stock Yota ones that may work for you. Stop by and take a look. If a set will work, you can have them.

Jim (Bunyon and Babe) will have a set of after market Yota for sale shortly, too. They are the flat ones that All Pro Off Road sells with the spacers.

https://www.allprooffroad.com/pickupsuspension/48

Squshiee1
February 27th, 2012, 06:00 AM
im looking for some for my friend, and i already measured and know that ccbruin's will fit. thanks for the offer though!

ccbruin
February 28th, 2012, 09:16 PM
im looking for some for my friend, and i already measured and know that ccbruin's will fit. thanks for the offer though!
Awesome! just let me know when you want to snag them up

Squshiee1
April 17th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Well, sunday i got down and dirty for the second sunday in a row.
Last sunday i tore apart my cv joints, replaced the boots and re packed all of bearings. it took about 6 hours to complete the boots.

and this sunday i replaced my dying water pump, it took me about 4 hours. i tore the engine apart looking for a sound, a sound that i thought was going to be the cam shaft bearing, and it ended up being my 1 year old water pump. i replaced the pump and now i have a smooth sounding rodeo again. i am ready for the trails and the highway! YAY!

My parents always complain about how much it costs to keep this thing on the road, but it would be about 6x the cost if i brought it to a mechanic. My mechanic quoted me for both jobs at around 600$ and i got it all done for 100$ Now just if i could quote my own insurance!

glacierpaul
April 18th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Very Nice Chase!!!

Popsgarage
April 19th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Is it paid off Chase? If it is you can't get much cheaper and you save 'em a ton of cash by doing the work yourself. Good job.

Squshiee1
April 19th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Is it paid off Chase?
My car? it has been paid off for 2 years now! 700$ upfront and away i was!

Popsgarage
April 19th, 2012, 08:08 PM
I kinda figured. Just remind 'em every once in a while that a mechanic would charge 5 to 10 times the amount that you do.

Squshiee1
April 23rd, 2012, 06:31 PM
I have a little question for you welders out there. im trying to get a quote on a bumper. i know there is not much info on it, but i tried to get the best pics i could of this bumper! it is exactly what im looking for, simple and effective. there is a place for a winch and some light mounts. the only thing that is missing is a place for my existing blinkers, i like my blinkers! The quote doesn't have to be perfect, just an estimate on parts and labor.

mattzj98
April 23rd, 2012, 07:21 PM
thats a nice looking bumper! i'd buy it :) don't know who made it?

Squshiee1
April 23rd, 2012, 08:13 PM
thats a nice looking bumper! i'd buy it :) don't know who made it?
no, im still looking around, i thought it was a cool bumper, i figured i would support the local community and have someone around here build if for me!

glacierpaul
April 25th, 2012, 06:29 AM
I know John (SKINNY FABRICATIONS) just built me a super sweet bumper!!! Then there is Pete, of course!! That will look killer on the IsRo!( it looks killer on the red one!)

pictaker
April 25th, 2012, 09:40 AM
That would look awesome on your Rodeo. Teague Oliver @ Two Create Motorsports built my rear swing away bumper. He's local to Denver, dunno if you want to come down here or not, but I'd highly recommend him as well. Keep in mind, any good fabricator can take a few pics and your rig, and build exactly what you need! Custom to YOUR rig is always better then mass produced aftermarket products IMHO. :2thumbup:

Squshiee1
April 29th, 2012, 08:03 PM
WELL! i got my new cb antenna in! Big thanks to Dave (Minnesota) for the antenna, and pete (you know who) for holding it for me!
i painted the tip of it to match accordingly! I havent tested it yet, but i already find myself turning the squelch up.

Robert B
April 29th, 2012, 08:11 PM
so that means you have a CB to go with it right??? :) i run my squelch at about 1/5 of the way up to eliminate what i believe to be is engine noise did you tune it with a SWR meter ???

Squshiee1
April 29th, 2012, 08:12 PM
its a non tunable antenna, i haven't tried testing for engine noise.

Michael4rnr
April 29th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Looks really good chase. I like that front bumper looks very aggressive. Let's teat it tomorrow and see how it works.

WDoG
May 1st, 2012, 09:58 PM
Now I'm going to have to make my own Rodeo build thread. Looking good man.

You thought about rock sliders?

Love the orange detailing. You end up getting indy4x shackles?

Squshiee1
May 2nd, 2012, 06:18 AM
No, i got the shackles from another member.
i have thought about rock sliders, im working with Brody right now to see what we can do.
im on quite the budget right now.

Soon im going to have to get new shackles and springs because i bent the crap out of them.

Brody
May 2nd, 2012, 06:34 AM
What kind of springs and shackles?

Couple of people on the forum have extra shackles kicking around. If the shackles are bent, I may be able to straighten and reinforce what you already have. I also have a mess of Yota shackles (stock) that may work for you.

Holler at me...

Squshiee1
May 2nd, 2012, 04:23 PM
Alright, ill let you know. i still have to straighten my rear axle back out and straighten the shackles.

mattzj98
May 2nd, 2012, 05:42 PM
when are you doing 1tons and 40s? just checking.. :)

Squshiee1
May 2nd, 2012, 05:49 PM
when are you doing 1tons and 40s? just checking.. :)

When my money tree really starts to flourish!

mattzj98
May 2nd, 2012, 05:50 PM
maybe you can share some of its "fruits" with me?

Brody
May 3rd, 2012, 06:53 AM
Chase

Swing by when you get a chance and I'll take a look at what you have going on.

Squshiee1
May 6th, 2012, 06:09 PM
WELL! What da ya'll thunk! :)

Rob
May 6th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Time for some mud bogging, Chase. :D

Robert B
May 6th, 2012, 06:56 PM
now take the top off too...... :wrench::eek:

mattzj98
May 6th, 2012, 07:53 PM
I bet your clearance got about an inch higher since all that weight is off!

Popsgarage
May 6th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Love it. Hugger Orange tube doors are in your future, Chase!!!!!

Michael4rnr
May 6th, 2012, 08:37 PM
That looks awesome chase

Popsgarage
May 6th, 2012, 08:51 PM
He came over yesterday and with Robyns help we notched the top hole of the hinge bolt plate per Pete's instructions and now he can install and remove them all by himself.

WDoG
May 6th, 2012, 11:41 PM
It looks good!! Naked!

If our Rodeo's were sisters yours would be the one taking its top off at spring break and flashing!

Brody
May 7th, 2012, 04:36 AM
Looks great, Chase! Now you will have the pleasure down the road of finding mud from a run two years before lodged in mystery places ....

glacierpaul
May 7th, 2012, 05:18 AM
Nice Chase!! Looks like sliders are in order, orange of course.....

Brody
May 7th, 2012, 05:22 AM
Sliders are in the works. Pictaker (David) is providing the sliders for Chase's rig off of his Tacoma and I am going to adapt them to fit. First order of duty is replacing the almost nonexistent rear leaf spring bushings...

Oh...Chase, as you may have noticed, taking the doors off is almost a guaranty that it is going to rain...

glacierpaul
May 7th, 2012, 05:25 AM
Sliders are in the works. Pictaker (David) is providing the sliders for Chase's rig off of his Tacoma and I am going to adapt them to fit. First order of duty is replacing the almost nonexistent rear leaf spring bushings...

Oh...Chase, as you may have noticed, taking the doors off is almost a guaranty that it is going to rain...

Pete, this is why I am looking at 6-8" of snow right now with 6+ more today into tonight.

WDoG
May 7th, 2012, 07:52 AM

I just made that connection! I thought lats night as I saw this...."Isn't it raining..."

Oh and have fun with that bushing. Just get the torch now. You'll need it.

Also, are the sliders off the Tocoma saving him in cost? ;-)

Brody
May 7th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Oh and have fun with that bushing. Just get the torch now. You'll need it.

Also, are the sliders off the Tacoma saving him in cost? ;-)

HAHA....you should see his bushings! They got so hashed that there are only smatters of bushing material in the spring eyes. The bolts are traveling around the rest and are pretty much self cleaning the remaining stuff....

Yes, there is a lot of cost savings, even without looking at the Taco sliders (except briefly when I saw David at High Country). Should be able to cut and sleeve the slider for length as they are too long for Chase's rig and simply re weld it. Might have to cut off the two 'steps on each side, but labor time is going to be cut in half easily and the steel is free....

Squshiee1
May 7th, 2012, 04:47 PM
i just got done looking at the wheelbase for a rodeo and a double cab tacoma.
The wheelbase for my car is 108 inches
and the tacoma is 140 inches. HMMMMM
They might just fit without modification. :lmao:

Brody
May 8th, 2012, 04:59 AM
The wheelbase for my car is 108 inches
and the tacoma is 140 inches. HMMMMM
They might just fit without modification.

Yup. If I weld them right to the wheels on both sides, you will never have to worry about denting or dinging it on a trail again. Let me know if this is how you want to proceed. I know some folks looking for some running Rodeo parts and if we customize the sliders this way, I can get them in touch with you.

Squshiee1
May 8th, 2012, 03:00 PM
im not sure i understand what you are saying... with this part

I know some folks looking for some running Rodeo parts and if we customize the sliders this way, I can get them in touch with you.

Brody
May 8th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Using the long sliders without any modifications will require welding them almost to the center of each wheel, rendering the rig immobile. At this point you can get some decorative blocks to set the rig on and sell the extra parts that are no longer needed as it won't roll...:lmao:

Squshiee1
May 8th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Ok, i was quite confused, your words are to sophisticated for my brain to handle.

Brody
May 8th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Ha...You are making the erroneous assumption that I understand what I write....

WDoG
May 8th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Ok...haha I was getting confused there... I see what ya did there.

Squshiee1
May 24th, 2012, 07:12 AM
I think sliders will make it into the build thread!

These were sliders from a double cab tacoma, modified to fit a rodeo! And built buy no one other than the great peter brody himself! :thumb:

it actually looks like i an offroading rig now!

Kory
May 24th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Looks good Chase. Should save your body a lot of grief.

pictaker
May 24th, 2012, 07:58 AM
:thumb:WOW! Those came out great! Last time I saw them they were a bit ruffed up! Major props Pete! Congrats Chase!

Java
May 24th, 2012, 08:25 AM
those look great, like they were made for it!! your side impact protection on the street just went up considerably too.

WDoG
May 24th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Sooooo jealous brotha. Want a set badly.

Gossamer
May 24th, 2012, 03:17 PM
:thumb:Looking Good!

Popsgarage
May 25th, 2012, 01:39 AM
Lookin' good there, Chase.

glacierpaul
May 25th, 2012, 06:15 AM
orange paint, orange paint, orange paint, all I am sayin is paint em orange!!

Squshiee1
May 25th, 2012, 06:29 AM
orange paint, orange paint, orange paint, all I am sayin is paint em orange!!

Im getting there! the only problem i have is that my new orange paint takes 7 days to dry! sooo, it might take me a little bit.

Michael4rnr
May 25th, 2012, 06:31 AM
Just ask your dad to borrow his bug for a wee and put your car in the garage.

Heather
May 25th, 2012, 07:15 AM
Very nice, Chase!

Squshiee1
June 10th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Yesterday after the wheeler lake run i promised myself that i would buy some shocks, so i went to advanced auto parts and bought some monroe sensa tracks for the front to match the rear shocks. I think i may have purchased a Cadillac in disguise!
My old shocks had no more oil left in them, they were just extra weight!

WDoG
June 10th, 2012, 08:51 AM
No more bouncing the front like a low rider? too bad.

Squshiee1
June 11th, 2012, 06:47 PM
What do ya thank? It is Chevy Orange! not red, need some better lighting!

Heather
June 11th, 2012, 06:50 PM
I dig it!

Michael4rnr
June 11th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Looked really good in the sun today now to do the tire carrier.

KnuckleHead
June 11th, 2012, 09:15 PM
Dig the color....... looks good

Java
June 11th, 2012, 10:02 PM
very cool. I really like the grill.

WDoG
June 11th, 2012, 11:22 PM
"splash"! lookin sweet man

glacierpaul
June 12th, 2012, 06:18 AM
Nice Chase! coming along...

Popsgarage
June 14th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Way cool, Chase!!!! You should come by the house and see what I've been painting Chevy Hugger Orange!!!!!!!!

Squshiee1
June 15th, 2012, 06:30 AM
Thanks Guys!

taco52
July 18th, 2012, 08:30 PM
I saw you and Michael4rnr today hauling some slash down the hill. We were going the other way. We passed right at Grant automotive.

Squshiee1
July 18th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Sweet! i just got myself a new trailer! the one you saw was a POS! to say the least... ill put it this way, the thing was soooooo bouncy that it shook itself and my receiver hitch apart! lol

I was also just about to post here..... BIG UPDATE COMING SOON ON THE Foreign Jeep!

glacierpaul
July 19th, 2012, 08:21 AM
...... BIG UPDATE COMING SOON ON THE Foreign Jeep!
Sweeeet! Lookin forward to it!

Edit: A guy that lives up by me crashed his Zu EDIT:7/26 sorry guys this car is a Honda Passport on Fall River Rd., broken back and all ribs, very lucky to be alive!

WDoG
July 19th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Fall River Road....? What was he doing?! That thing is TOAST

MelloYello
July 19th, 2012, 09:54 AM
X2! WTF?

WDoG
July 19th, 2012, 09:56 AM
oh, one other thing, what a waste of sweet snowflake rims. In the Zu community those are a hot commodity.

glacierpaul
July 27th, 2012, 07:55 AM
sorry for the hijack Chase, the vehicle in those pics I posted is a Honda Passport, the guy was supposidely attempting to illegally pass a car over the double yellow lines by the school bus stop(Hamlin Gulch) going downhill, a car was coming uphill, he braked swerved back into his lane, cutting off the car he was passing, was sent airborn over the barbwire fence endoing(flipping forward front to back) the Honda a couple times. They figure he was doing 65mph, 45 over the posted limit at that section of road.
Jackass is the term coming to mind.....

Squshiee1
July 30th, 2012, 03:03 PM
YAY! Now it looks like it was meant to go off road! 450$ as it sits! i think that's pretty good!

Heather
July 30th, 2012, 03:39 PM
EXTREMELY cool, Chase!!!

(P.S. The date on your camera's off a few days...)

Squshiee1
July 30th, 2012, 06:43 PM
That it is heather!

Java
July 30th, 2012, 06:55 PM
That looks awesome!! :thumb: Bet it looks even better with the doors off.

glacierpaul
July 31st, 2012, 06:24 AM
That looks awesome!! :thumb: Bet it looks even better with the doors off.
Yeah buddy! Looks really cool on there Chase!

Popsgarage
August 2nd, 2012, 11:22 PM
I like it!

Squshiee1
October 23rd, 2013, 09:35 PM
Long awaited update..... Engines coming out, and a new one is going in. YAY!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=678923088798912&set=a.608300429194512.1073741824.100000436802114&type=1&theater

Popsgarage
October 24th, 2013, 02:21 AM
No hot rodding the new engine for at least 5,000 miles, Chase!!!!! Poor Barbie needs a longer than average break-in time knowing your luck.

Squshiee1
October 24th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Its a new to me used engine jon, LETS ROD IT! lol I don't plan on revving this engine even close to as much as mine, i just go slow now.

EDIT: Slower than i did before, its not like i was actually able to go fast in the first place. :D

Popsgarage
October 24th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Gotcha. Keep it under 3500 RPM anyway Chase!

Squshiee1
September 9th, 2014, 09:56 PM
Well, I guess my yearly update is in order! The plans....
14 bolt ff rear axle, dana 44 front axle. 16.5 humvee 24 bolt beadlock wheels.
Disc brake conversion on the 14 bolt, 5.13 gears, 1 ton steering.

Basically an sas with 3/4 ton axles, 37s! Boy is it going to be sweet, but after test fitting the 37s and axle, the truck needs to come down about 8 inches. Time for some fender cutting!

I hope to have it done by spring, and here is the start!

tonkatoy
September 13th, 2014, 07:53 PM
sweet

Cr33p3r
September 15th, 2014, 05:47 AM
That is going to be really sweet Chase!

Brad
September 15th, 2014, 06:17 AM
Nice chase!

Squshiee1
October 21st, 2014, 09:10 PM
A little update! Spring perches welded, leaf springs mounted, fenders trimmed, and everything painted and hung! The rear is just about done! Oh, and unless you want a heavy tire rim combo. I dont suggest humvee wheels and beadlocks. Tire rim combo is somewhere in the 120lb area.

Squshiee1
January 15th, 2015, 07:25 PM
Another Update! Well I got the front axle in! These pics are before I burned in the rest of the suspension, and ended up grinding and re welding the front shackle mounts. Once i'm finished painting and grinding ill take some more pics!

Brad
January 15th, 2015, 07:37 PM
Great job!

Jim
January 15th, 2015, 08:06 PM
These just need to be posted next to each other...

http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=38377&stc=1&d=1410321268

http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39579&stc=1&d=1421375139

Squshiee1
January 15th, 2015, 09:51 PM
YES! Thanks jim, Its crazy to see what it was a year ago, to now. A year ago, it was on stands, this year... its on bigger stands!
Thanks Brad!

Squshiee1
April 22nd, 2015, 09:00 PM
Just thought I would do a little update. Rear axle is 90% complete, just waiting to plumb the rear brake line and install shock mounts. Front axle is waiting on the driver side knuckle, tubing for the tie rod and drag link, brake lines, and shock mounts. Then once the axles are complete I will install a new fan, get drive-shafts made and installed, and down the road i will need to re route the exhaust so that I can do emissions. In the time that is it has been sitting i have fixed numerous oil, gas, and worst of all a coolant leak. I have been trying to chase this particular coolant leak for about a year before I tore the engine down and fixed an o ring seal on the back of the motor and a gasket on the front of the motor, both under the intake plenum. So now she is sitting pretty with all of my engine and drive line related issues fixed. Now she just needs some shoes and she is ready to run!

http://s166.photobucket.com/user/Chase_Strait/library/4-18-15%20Barbie%20SAS%20Progress?sort=3&page=1

sunk
April 23rd, 2015, 07:50 AM
Way Cool Chase! I saw 4 wheel disc brakes and Reid Knuckles in your pics, what else are in those axles? What did they come out of? What are you doing for your steering?

Funrover
April 23rd, 2015, 12:23 PM
So awesome, love all youhave done to that rig

Squshiee1
April 23rd, 2015, 02:41 PM
I am using Ruff Stuff steering arms, and ruff stuff threaded ends for the tie rod and drag link, also chevy 1 ton tie rod ends an moog ball joints. I am running 5.13 gearing. In the pics are Ruff Stuff 14 bolt diff cover and pinon guard. Front axle was rebuilt and put under a chevy k5, the guy decided to do 1 tons and sold the axle to me, he said it was out of a 77? chevy 3/4 ton truck, and rear axle is out of a 95 chevy suburban 2500.