PDA

View Full Version : New Rig in the Family

Aaron
October 12th, 2011, 12:05 PM
We just went and picked up this sweet little 80 horsepower (when new) crawler! It's now my son's project. He doesn't know we spent his money and went and got it so we'll see how excited he is when he gets home!

It's an 89 Suzuki Sidekick, with a 1 inch body lift. It needs a catalytic converter (the guy who we bought it from lives in Elizabeth where no emissions check is necessary) and some tires in the not so distant future.

Pete, interested in helping get a cat put on this? I assume it will need some welds :)

Chris
October 12th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Very cool, I hope you have a video of his reaction!

Rob
October 12th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Excellent! When's he going to join the forum?

Aaron
October 12th, 2011, 12:11 PM
I would guess tonight!

RockyMtnHigh
October 12th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Note to self, stay away from that side of the neighborhood on the mountain bike. :lmao:

Aaron
October 12th, 2011, 12:22 PM
He's got till June when he can get his permit so it's safe for the winter Jock! My wife has been out there cleaning it for over an hour now. She must be way more excited than I thought she'd be.

Brad
October 12th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Very Cool! Def get a video of his reaction! :thumb:

Brody
October 12th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Pete, interested in helping get a cat put on this? I assume it will need some welds

Sure. I have one coming up to do on a Saturn soon, too.

Sweet ride and it will be a lot of fun for him!

Heather
October 12th, 2011, 07:23 PM
How COOL!! Exciting that your FR4x4 family was the first to see and we can be excited about his reaction, hee hee! And - it's a convertible!

mattzj98
October 12th, 2011, 07:33 PM
cool! I like it alot! what tires are those?

Java
October 12th, 2011, 08:43 PM
That is a VERY cool little 4x4!! 80hp = wise choice for a first car!! :thumb:

Popsgarage
October 12th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Capable little rigs if ya build em right.

Michael4rnr
October 12th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Awesome first car. How was his reaction.

Aaron
October 13th, 2011, 01:48 PM
He is not the jump up and down and shout type, however the smile on his face was bigger than any I've seen on him in the past. It was still there when he was leaving this morning. Needless to say, it was a hit.

Chris
October 13th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Yeah, I can see that in Andy. I bet he had a lot running through his head last night!

Popsgarage
October 13th, 2011, 10:29 PM
the smile on his face was bigger than any I've seen on him in the past

It's always nice to see that you can do things that make them smile instead of frown, ain't it?!!!:D:D:D

Zukrider
October 14th, 2011, 12:08 AM
best bet for tech info and a GREAT community to boot = www.zukikrawlers.com

in the little research ive done on keeping it IFS, this seems the best lift. http://www.zukikrawlers.com/showthread.php?t=42276

simple cheap sas with a sami front axle with the front r&p from the tracker to match. and some wheel spacers to match width. use yj leafs, then get different rear coils and some other small stuff to make it "work".

THEE FIRST MOD HE DOES TO DRIVETRAIN NEEDS TO BE TRANSFER CASE GEARS, OR DUAL CASES!
-low is only 1.8. unfortunately most of the doubler companys are extict now. but Rock4x still makes the Shogun, that bolts a sami case to the existing case. and will go real good with a fj40/60 rear axle!

i know, i know, hes too young!

and this is a good get there vision!

Zukrider
October 14th, 2011, 12:10 AM
just for the record ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ those are 37's!

Brad
October 14th, 2011, 09:06 AM
My coworker has spent the past 3 months fixing up a tracker. Here are some very valuable links for repair as well:

http://www.kick-fix.com

www.suzukiforum.com

Not so much for setting up a crawler but for keeping it running!! Kick-fix has a link to sw suzuki which has some hard to find factory parts! :thumb:

Chris
October 14th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Now that you've established the precedent I can't help but wonder what Allie is dreaming up. :lmao:

95tacoma
October 18th, 2011, 11:06 PM
Sweet ride! Those Sidekicks are awesome! :thumb: