PDA

View Full Version : Chinn's and Sherwin Lake aka Rainbow Rd.

glacierpaul
October 20th, 2011, 06:57 PM
After finding the Loch Lomond gate closed we decided to head up to Chinn's and Sherwin, to see "the lake with the log in it", as both kids call Sherwin anyway. Snow here and there until the intersection for the lakes and the reservoir. Snow all the way from there to the lakes, 2-6".

glacierpaul
October 20th, 2011, 07:02 PM
more pic's.... just a quick afternoon wheel/hike/trip, dad and the kids.

Java
October 20th, 2011, 07:06 PM
that is awesome, I wanted to get to Chinns lake this year but never made it. You're so lucky to live there, and your kids are 10x as lucky!!! :thumb:

jesse05lj
October 20th, 2011, 07:23 PM
It sure is nice to see snow again.

Michael4rnr
October 20th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Great pictures and lookes like a fun trail.

Heather
October 20th, 2011, 08:52 PM
And to think I thought this four wheeling thing was just a summer gig. Ha! Great pix; looks like a blast! x2 on you guys being lucky!

Cr33p3r
October 21st, 2011, 01:31 AM
Thank you for the pics Paul, good to see the water levels alomost back to normal, have you ever hiked back to the waterfall up there? Its on the backside of the lake.

glacierpaul
October 21st, 2011, 06:32 AM
Thank you for the pics Paul, good to see the water levels alomost back to normal, have you ever hiked back to the waterfall up there? Its on the backside of the lake.
Yes, we hiked up the waterfall at Sherwin's and then hiked up to Slater Lake and the waterfall behind it, did that with the kids and wife a couple months ago, it was my 3 year old girl's longest hike(on her own feet) to date, we did 4 miles RT, and she wore her Tinkerbell backpack the whole day, she is a trooper!

Cr33p3r
October 21st, 2011, 08:44 AM
That is cool, Family outings are great!

Stephen
October 21st, 2011, 02:58 PM
Nice pics. It looks fun with some snow on it. We had a small run up to Chinns this summer and the people up there were sketchy to say the least. People were cutting down trees for their fire, shooting by the camp spots, little kids were hanging out the window on the trail... I'll stop. I probably won't camp up there again in the summer, though.

glacierpaul
October 22nd, 2011, 06:13 AM
Stephen, do the hike up to Slater Lake and camp up there, no roudy's up there, you have to hike;) Of course I would not want to leave the Mall Krawler unattended there, the best time for the lakes is during the week, weekends are sketchy.

Stephen
October 22nd, 2011, 08:48 AM
We tried to camp up there on a weekday in the last week of June, but there was still too much snow. There's a lot of sketchy people in Colorado! Some people probably think I am one of them! :lmao:

Funrover
October 22nd, 2011, 11:14 PM
Way cool, looks like a great time of year to camp without neighbors