PDA

View Full Version : Kingston Peak via Alice

glacierpaul
October 20th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Did this on Sunday 10/16/2011. Since we could not do this route from the Apex side, I was curious to see how the snow was from my side. Made it to Kingston Peak, but right where you head down toward Mammoth Gulch, there was too much snow to pass with vehicle. A small group of 3 vehicles was just getting done winching back out, so I did not even head down to see, sorry no pics of that. Aidan and I just hiked around up top there for a couple hours.

glacierpaul
October 20th, 2011, 07:27 PM
more pic's...

Clutch211
October 20th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Nice pics!

Michael4rnr
October 20th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Awesome pictures. The veiw is amazing.

Cr33p3r
October 21st, 2011, 01:34 AM
Great Pics Paul! Never have made it up to Kinston Peak, maybe next summer.

Brody
October 21st, 2011, 07:19 AM
Thanks for the report and pictures!

Jim
October 21st, 2011, 08:48 AM
Yep - good views - thanks for posting'm!

Would like to get there, perhaps next summer...

Brody
October 21st, 2011, 04:16 PM
Hey Paul

Don't you have a day job?:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Hypoid
October 22nd, 2011, 12:05 AM
Looks like Paul took a day off, Pete. :)

Thanks for sharing your adventures, Paul. I'll be looking forward to the next installment.

glacierpaul
October 22nd, 2011, 05:44 AM
Day off would be kid free;), that quote comes from the wife! I will certainly lead more runs up this way, for anyone interested, never get sick of it.

mattzj98
October 22nd, 2011, 10:36 AM
Been so long since I made it to kingston.. Everytime I tried in the past few year or so, there was too much snow on mammuth gulch so I couldnt pass or whoever I was in the group couldnt.. I need to get back out there.

Thanks for the great pics!:thumb:

96blkbeauty
October 22nd, 2011, 03:01 PM
Nice pics. Ran Kingston in the Bronco a few years back. Can't remember what time of the year it was, but there was still a decent amount of snow on the ground. Was a fun day.

Some one should take a new flag up and replace that existing one since its all torn up.

glacierpaul
October 23rd, 2011, 05:47 AM
Some one should take a new flag up and replace that existing one since its all torn up.
That flag is only roughly a month old, too windy for a larger flag(like this one) to hold up, I do not think there has been a "real"(a military grade) flag put up there, which would stand up to the weather(maybe), but not to vandals/theives:mad: I have heard folks say the rock house, mail box and flag are against "leave no trace" principals and could/should be removed, since it is in a wilderness area. An American flag against "leave no trace" principals?!?!?!?! the irony is that America came up with that sentiment:rolleyes:
The flag does get replaced, sometimes a couple times a year, thanks goes out to those who do this!

SCRubicon
October 28th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the pics! I love that area - it's where the 4x4 bug bit me all of those years ago. I think this is the only year I didn't go up to leave a rock at the rock house.

Funrover
October 30th, 2011, 12:09 AM
It's so void of snow, I was really thinking there would be more.

glacierpaul
October 30th, 2011, 06:19 AM
After this week, I am sure it looks different, but the wind up there keeps it fairly clear, it is the approach to the top from either side that really fill up with snow. I will run up there next week to see how it looks, more snow coming Tues. - Thurs. Will post pic's.