PDA

View Full Version : Aurora Volunteers in Disaster

Chris
November 3rd, 2011, 05:11 PM
I just got my acceptance and figured I'd pass this along if anyone else may be interested.

Welcome to A.V.I.D. (Aurora Volunteers in Disaster) 4x4. Our Four Wheel Drive Response group is managed within the City of Aurora’s Office of Emergency Management, and brings together dedicated volunteers to assist in emergency operational planning and response, as well as community development and safety awareness. The primary function of A.V.I.D 4x4 is to provide transportation resources to support critical mission areas within Aurora during a disaster or severe weather incidents.

A.V.I.D. 4x4 volunteers could be called upon to provide a variety of services during a disaster or weather incident, including but not limited to, aiding the transportation of essential workers to their place of business (I.e. health care workers, city employees, etc.), transportation of supplies to shelters, transport of dialysis patients to/from appointments, recovery of stranded personnel, and assistance in large scale evacuations where conditions require four wheel drive vehicles. When volunteers are not working in an emergency capacity, we plan and implement community development projects as well as promote citizen preparedness and public safety initiatives.

Jim
November 3rd, 2011, 08:15 PM
Congrats. What did you need to 'do' for acceptance?

I've been thinking of offering help in Fort Collins but haven't looked into it as yet. Does you group have contact info for other cities?

Pathrat
November 3rd, 2011, 08:25 PM
That's great!

mattzj98
November 3rd, 2011, 09:33 PM
i talked to this guy with a red YJ he told me I should join (it was at Oraily auto show) and I got some papers and business cards etc but have been slacking off

Chris
November 3rd, 2011, 10:20 PM
Doh! Here's the website: http://avid4x4.org/

Mporter
November 3rd, 2011, 10:25 PM
I would join that if they had one in Boulder/Lakewood.