PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Caravan For Kids

Jackie
November 13th, 2011, 11:59 AM
If you've never done this one before, you should consider it. It's a lot of fun! I will be meeting at the North Metro location. The following info is a quote from the Jeep Forum:

Most of you may have seen this on other boards but thought I'd add it up.

The 9th Annual Christmas Caravan for Kids
This year’s event will be held on Saturday, December 3rd, at the Jefferson County Event Center from 10 am – 2 pm.

Please save the date and plan to join us. The Marines’ Toys for Tots campaign has already experienced a 20% increase in toy requests over last year.

A little background info—
In 2003, an ongoing community service project entitled “Christmas Caravan for Kids” was begun. Each year, in conjunction with area vendors and 4-Wheelers throughout Colorado’s Front Range, we sponsor a toy drive and “meet and greet” to benefit the Marine’s Toys for Tots Campaign. 4-Wheelers from around the Front Range meet in pre-determined locations and “caravan” to the event site where the USMC’s MACS 23rd Air Unit from Buckley Air Force Base is waiting to receive the toys donated by participants. For each of our first two events, we were the second largest single day toy donation the Marines received (second only to the Denver Bronco Toy Drive). In 2005, we became the largest single day donation ever received by Denver’s Toys for Tots campaign. Following the toy drive, participants are treated to a “meet and greet” with area vendors which includes a FREE lunch and FREE raffle drawing.

All vehicles are welcome—daily drivers, trail rigs, buggies, trailer queens, trucks, hot rods, muscle cars, bikes and…… bring your ride along with new unwrapped toys to donate to help assure no child goes without a Christmas.

Locations: All Caravans leave their meeting site at 10:00 am

North Metro:
Quaker Steak and Lube
104th and US-36

East Metro:
Off Road, Ltd
14200 E Colfax
(just east of I-225)

South Metro:
Home Depot
I-25 and Arapahoe Road

Southwest Metro:
Southwest Plaza
South Side near Sears
Bowles and Wadsworth

Northern Colorado:
The Northern Co area will have 2 meeting locations for the Caravan to Denver, choose whichever location and time works best and arrive before the group leaves.
The first meeting place will be located at the Park-N-Ride on the SW corner of I-25 & Hwy 402 (the south Loveland exit just north of Johnson's Corner). Kerry Beach will be our CCFK host at this location again this year. The group will leave promptly at 8:30 AM and head south on I-25 to Longmont and meet the group from the Trailridge Runners 4WD Club at the Park-N-Ride on the SW corner of Hwy 66. The group will then leave that location at 9:00 AM to head straight to the fairgrounds.

As always, thanks to everyone for all of your support over the years and a huge thanks in advance for this year’s event.

Beefy
November 14th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Only three of us so far?

Jackie
November 17th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Why does it say "remove" next to our names?

Chris
November 17th, 2011, 06:24 PM
Click remove and you remove your RSVP, wasn't that always there?

Chris
November 17th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Only three of us so far?

I see 7, I'll be there but as I said in the 1st thread mentioning this I may be with AVID.

Jackie
November 17th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Click remove and you remove your RSVP, wasn't that always there?
I don't think so. It's not there on the run planned for the 26th.

Chris
November 17th, 2011, 07:32 PM
:lmao: Mods!

Gossamer
November 21st, 2011, 11:06 AM
which location you all goin to caravan from ?

Beefy
November 21st, 2011, 12:22 PM
which location you all goin to caravan from ?

We will be going from the Quaker Steak and Lube on 104th.

Jackie
November 27th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Bump:lmao:

Let's show up guys and gals!

ColoJeeper
November 27th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Would like to, but will be out of town....

Pathrat
November 27th, 2011, 10:12 PM
I can't go, but I do have ten new toys being donated to Toys for Tots at my local Walgreens. If any of you miss the run, there are drop boxes all over. Thanks everyone who is going!!! :superhero:

Brody
November 29th, 2011, 12:37 PM
I may not be able to go. Not much spare change for stuff for other folks among other things.

Chris
December 1st, 2011, 09:10 PM
Anyone caravanning from the East Metro site?

Off Road, Ltd
14200 E Colfax
(just east of I-225)

Brody
December 2nd, 2011, 05:54 AM
We are out for sure.

Jackie
December 2nd, 2011, 06:50 AM
I'm 50/50 at this point because of "stuff" we're up to at our house, but I will for sure show up at the Quaker Steak & Lube and drop my toys with one of you if I can't make the run.

Heather
December 3rd, 2011, 08:35 AM
I'm excited - all the SNOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!! See you guys there!!

SCRubicon
December 3rd, 2011, 08:40 AM
The turnout at Southwest Plaza was dismal the last time it was snowing like this. We'll have to see what happens in 2011.

Heather
December 3rd, 2011, 08:46 AM
The turnout at Southwest Plaza was dismal the last time it was snowing like this. We'll have to see what happens in 2011.
:frown: That sucks! We're a 4x4 club! I love it when it snows on the weekend - no rush hour, a lot less traffic, and it's beautiful (with less idiots on the road). Makes it even MORE fun to go do this. I hope more people are like-minded this year than last!

Chris
December 3rd, 2011, 08:57 AM
I'll be there! JeffCo that is, not where you all are meeting! :thumb:

Brody
December 4th, 2011, 07:58 AM
This thread is now closed. Please use this one to continue the after run Trail Report:

http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?14939-Christmas-Caravan-For-Kids-2011-Edition