PDA

View Full Version : Just "flew" in from MN, and boy are my arms tired

Jackie
November 27th, 2011, 03:18 PM
...We left Mpls Saturday morning with the hopes of making it to North Platte, Nebraska before the sun set. We did it... but it wasn't easy. We had 60 mph winds across I-80 the entire way. I'm seriously feeling the pain in my arms from trying to fight to keep the van on the road. At one point, I pulled off the hwy to get gas and I told Britton I could hear a strange sound like we were dragging something. What did I hit???

Turns out the wind had ripped the inner fender lining from over the front left tire half-way off and we were indeed dragging it. Oh well. We cut it off with a Gerber knife and kept on going.

This morning held no surprises or challenges for us - so all is good!

Hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving!

Chris
November 27th, 2011, 04:00 PM
What, no Thanksgiving blizzard?

Glad you made it back!

Rob
November 27th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Ahh, road trips are great, aren't they?

I remember doing a cross-country motorcycle trip in '79, hit a dust storm in Oakley, Kan., and fought hard crosswinds all the way to the Front Range. I learned you can drive a motorcycle straight at a 45-degree angle, but it's not for the faint of heart.

Pathrat
November 27th, 2011, 06:36 PM
You are lucky you have had decent weather for a winter, midwest road trip.

Popsgarage
November 27th, 2011, 08:12 PM
No kidding there, Stephanie. I grew up in NE and it's never been as nice as it has been this year.

Heather
November 27th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Glad you are home safe!! Hope the visit itself was much fun.

glacierpaul
November 28th, 2011, 06:13 AM
Love the title, welcome back!

Brody
November 28th, 2011, 06:15 AM
I am glad you guys are back! High winds aren't too much fun...except for maybe sailing.

Cr33p3r
November 28th, 2011, 07:01 AM
Good to hear you had a good trip mostly, I-80 always seems to be windy!

Brody
November 28th, 2011, 05:55 PM
I saw the title on this post and went "Damn....that's a long flight. My arms get tired simply flying around the house...."

Foot position is not as critical as the hand position and that takes some practice, as I am sure that Jackie will attest to.