PDA

View Full Version : Kane Creek Moab!

Java
November 30th, 2011, 06:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJnq01qhYnk&feature=related

Chris
November 30th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Nice Paul, brings back some memories! When was that?

DrOldUnit loves Kane Creek!

Your exit looks like our entry point.

Java
November 30th, 2011, 06:39 PM
Nice Paul, brings back some memories! When was that?

Your exit looks like our entry point.

that's not me, I have a night off and am web wheeling on youtube. I already set aside April 7-15 for moab in 2012, Kane Creek and Fins n Things are on the top of my list. I've never done either.

Chris
November 30th, 2011, 07:07 PM
:lmao: I didn't notice you but figured you were behind the camera or something.

scout man
November 30th, 2011, 10:15 PM
that was definitely a fun trail, and one I would recommend!

Rob
November 30th, 2011, 10:23 PM

:eek:

mattzj98
November 30th, 2011, 10:27 PM
it does look like a fun mellow trail! fins and things and hells revenge along with poison spider took most of the time when i was in moab last time but I've never actually heard of this trail. def. wanna check it out.

Rob
November 30th, 2011, 10:30 PM
It's pretty mellow when you're at the bottom of the canyon, crossing the river every few minutes. There's a tight spot at the beginning and climbing out of the canyon has high pucker factor. I'd do it again ... in Pete's rig.

mattzj98
November 30th, 2011, 10:32 PM
how tough does it really get? it didn't look too bad but then again, nothing ever does on pics or videos

Rob
November 30th, 2011, 10:37 PM
The stretch of shelf road didn't look too bad in the video, but you need a really good spotter and nerves of steel. I had one of two. Roktaxi got us all through it. If you're built enough, you can go up the right side of that stretch of shelf road (it has a couple of big steps). The video doesn't show the quick 200-foot drop on the left down to the river.

After the shelf road, there's a drop, a quick turn and a steep climb that's also a bit of a challenge.

mattzj98
November 30th, 2011, 10:45 PM
. If you're built enough, you can go up the right side of that stretch of shelf road
that rules me out lol

but I do wanna check it out, thanks for the info

Java
December 1st, 2011, 03:59 PM
here's a good view of the drop off, if it's the same one Rob meant. in the beginning it looks like there are some ledges to the right of where he goes that you could do in a bigger rig. looks pretty scary, maybe I'll just do fins n things twice...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHWMoef7Z4I&feature=fvwrel

Dieter
December 1st, 2011, 07:09 PM
That was cool video. I can't wait till I have time to make it to Moab.

Chris
December 1st, 2011, 09:00 PM
We need to resurrect the photo of Marty blessing Rob!

Funrover
December 1st, 2011, 09:31 PM
One day I will make it to Moab! Thanks for the vid!

MelloYello
December 1st, 2011, 10:09 PM
great vids. Looks like a fun trail. Thanks for the post.

Rob
December 1st, 2011, 10:59 PM
We need to resurrect the photo of Marty blessing Rob!

OK, and another that shows the pucker factor.

Java
December 2nd, 2011, 05:30 AM
That's scary, Rob. I think that is the same spot he slips at near the end of the video. Those things never look as bad until you're right on top of them.

SCRubicon
December 2nd, 2011, 12:10 PM
how tough does it really get? it didn't look too bad but then again, nothing ever does on pics or videos

Not tough at all until you hit the rocky shelf. My Jeep aside from some skids, diff covers and steel front bumper is stock. Made it up alone, but the drop off is something that gets your attention.

ROKTAXI
December 3rd, 2011, 06:45 AM
Brings back good memories! Say Rob, were you able get all those brown stains off the puckers in the seat fabric?

Chris
December 3rd, 2011, 08:19 AM
:lmao:

Rob
December 3rd, 2011, 02:28 PM
Say Rob, were you able get all those brown stains off the puckers in the seat fabric?

:lmao: No, but the seats are black, so the stains are hard to see. Plus, I got a seat cover that hides them. :rolleyes: