PDA

View Full Version : ZJ rolled over.. again

mattzj98
November 30th, 2011, 07:06 PM
I asked my nieghbor to join the club, he has a 93 ZJ bumpers 6inch lift and 33s bumpers front and back, V8.. nice jeep but he hasn't wheeled much lately..

Yesterday I told him "you really need to join in" (he checks this website out once in a while)

and today I get a picture on my phone and its his jeep on its roof..

a wrx was hotroding down the street, Rick, my nighbor thought he had a lot more time to make a left turn and the rex t boned his jeep, making it roll over. It's totalled now I will upload pics when I can. Him and the other passenger, Kathy are OK just a little bruised but i'm trying to convince them to go get checked out..

Chris
November 30th, 2011, 07:09 PM
That sucks but good they feel okay.

I'll be blunt now - they are foolish if they don't get checked over.

mattzj98
November 30th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Here are some of the pics of the Jeep

Patrolman
November 30th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Can't agree more with Chris. Get checked out. The insurance covers it and it is just a good way to cover their butt. That wasn't just a light flop on the side. Glad they were able to walk away though.

mattzj98
November 30th, 2011, 07:24 PM
yeah when i rolled mine earlier this year I didn't wanna go to hospital but about 3 hours after the accident I couldn't stand the pain and was taken to the hospital. I told them the only smart thing to do was to go right away because it's coming.. if they feel it now or tomorrow..

Chris
November 30th, 2011, 07:30 PM
The adrenaline wears off and the pain starts, they'd serve themselves well by cutting the wait short.

A brief aside - it took 30 years to discover my crappy back started on its path after I was in a rollover, wish I had gotten checked out but didn't.

mattzj98
November 30th, 2011, 09:03 PM
that's exactly right. I found out about my crappy back the day of the accident lol roll overs are no fun..

Both Kathy and Rick (occupants of the jeep) are over 45 years old so I assume its harder to recover as well

scout man
November 30th, 2011, 10:00 PM
after they are all check out... you should remind them to take that nice bumper off that rig before the insurance company scraps it!

Chris
November 30th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Pete & Rob would agree but I'm the model of resilience. :lmao:

Rob
November 30th, 2011, 10:13 PM
Pete & Rob would agree but I'm the model of resilience. :lmao:

:brody:

:D

mattzj98
November 30th, 2011, 10:21 PM
after they are all check out... you should remind them to take that nice bumper off that rig before the insurance company scraps it!

this is what ill be helping him doing while on my vacation time. he has both front and rear bumpers that we need to pull out, shocks, springs, possibly control arms and quick discos all seemed salvagable. I hope he gets a newer ZJ with less electrical issues. I'm exicted to help him build it if he is

Brody
December 1st, 2011, 04:59 AM
One for you, Jessee:

I'm exicted to help him build it if he is

EXCITED

:D:D

glacierpaul
December 1st, 2011, 05:18 AM
Ouch! They should get checked, if something is wrong and they don't associate it with the roll over, there is no recourse against who was at fault. Trust me on this, I know.

Brody
December 1st, 2011, 05:19 AM
Yeah, get them to get checked out. Head, neck and back injuries can show up weeks or months later as pain, but a doctor visit will pick them up pretty quickly. Insurance companies are big about the hospital/doctor visit as soon as possible after the accident.

This video is rare footage of Chris when he was actually resilient. Alas, those were the good 'ol days.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=795znTYZg28&feature=related

Make sure your friends get checked out. I know way too many people who shined on the doctor visit to get checked out only to have years of issues with the insurance companies trying to make a claim for headaches or other issues that cropped up down the road.

mattzj98
December 1st, 2011, 06:49 AM
I think this guy is an undercover Gummy Bear

Heather
December 1st, 2011, 07:25 AM
So glad they're okay. When I got the text, I thought YOU rolled the Green ZJ. Stupid phone not showing pix.

mattzj98
December 1st, 2011, 11:05 AM
that probably would've been it for 4wheeling for me.. I don't know if i'd try to build yet another ZJ.. :(

BigE
December 1st, 2011, 06:37 PM
Yea it.is a good idea to get checked out things can pop up with no warning and be much worse. Let them all know the we are all glad that they are ok and that they need to get checked.

mattzj98
December 1st, 2011, 06:39 PM
Will do, thanks

I'm gonna keep bugging my neighbor till he joins in anyway :)

Funrover
December 1st, 2011, 09:23 PM
That sucks, glad that they are OK.

MelloYello
December 1st, 2011, 10:20 PM
Glad they are okay. The ZJ damage should buff right out. :rolleyes:
How does that work with insurance, If you pull the bumpers and other parts off, do you have to replace them, or can you just leave it without?

mattzj98
December 1st, 2011, 10:49 PM
you have to replace it if you take it off. I still have parts that I will give Rick so that he can keep his aftermarket nice ones. good thing i got a parts supply in my garage

MelloYello
December 1st, 2011, 11:04 PM
Damn, I wish I would have held on to all my stock parts.
Thanks for letting me know.

glacierpaul
December 2nd, 2011, 03:16 AM
Great advice for me, I will keep the the factory stuff, once removed off the vehicles for upgrades.:thumb:

CodeXJ
December 4th, 2011, 08:50 PM
I hope they doing ok. They should really get checked out. Can't wait to see what jeep he gets next though. Good thing about offroading equipment. made to take a beating... he can just his bumpers off and swap them haha. Wrx??? plastic?? You can't save anything from that except maybe the turbo. that;s if it escaped damage from collision.

mattzj98
December 4th, 2011, 10:40 PM
Looks like the wrx went under jeep so the hood folded into a harmonica. Serves it right.. but its too bad cause I loved wrxs too