PDA

View Full Version : Rock Art "run"

ROKTAXI
December 18th, 2011, 08:38 AM
My friend Randy, from G.J., comes to Moab often during the fall and winter and we check out the MANY areas for petroglyphs and pictographs. Most are not accessible by (any type) of vehicle and some require MANY miles of hiking. This trip report he posted on Expedition Utah was from 2 weeks ago. Yesterday we went on an 8 mile hike into the Moab Rim area. Even though we could have driven up to within a couple miles of some of the rock art sites, it would still have take most of the day driving there, so we opted to take the "scenic route"

This is the link to a report he posted from a hike we did a couple weeks ago:

http://www.expeditionutah.com/forum/showthread.php?p=26453#post26453

.....and here's a few pix from yesterday

Brody
December 18th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the pictures and link, Marty!

LaDawn and I always hunt up pictographs and petrogylphs everywhere we have been. Amazing the similarities from those all over the world...We recently visited New Mexico and saw a huge number of them all over the state, including the ones at Petroglyph State Park.. Cool stuff...

Java
December 18th, 2011, 09:18 AM
That's great, you are so lucky to live there. I just joined ExpeditionUtah, thanks for the link!!

dr350jja
December 18th, 2011, 11:44 AM
very nice...looks like an interesting place to be.

Jackie
December 19th, 2011, 12:53 AM
Utah has some amazing sights.

I don't think I could live there... but it is tops on my list for places to visit. So many things to see and do!!!

glacierpaul
December 19th, 2011, 04:49 AM
Beautiful pic's! I love the snowy peaks in the background of pic #4, reminds me of home:).

ROKTAXI
December 19th, 2011, 07:45 AM
I don't think I could live there... but it is tops on my list for places to visit. So many things to see and do!!!

Soooooooo true about so many scenic places around the world! Day to day lifestyle vs adventure & scenic values can be a difficult choice for many. We actually have a move to G.J. on our radar. Various reasons but has to do mostly with lifestyle change.

Funrover
December 19th, 2011, 11:40 AM
:thumb: