PDA

View Full Version : Nice Report and Pictures of Arizona on Colo 4x4

Brody
December 23rd, 2011, 07:25 AM
I was looking at various trail reports on Colo 4x4 this morning and came across this very nice trail report of a trip down to the Wave area in Arizona. The guy that did the report is obviously a professional photographer and his photos are really nice. His reports are actually written by someone used to the English language and easily read,too.

http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=190801

Any of IntrepidXJ trip reports are worth lookng at for the sweet pictures, BTW.

Funrover
December 23rd, 2011, 09:27 AM
That guy never has a bad report. He has/had his own site also. He really does love to get out and see what there is!

Chris
December 23rd, 2011, 09:44 AM
X2, His site is quite interesting, I can't recall it offhand though. Good stuff!

Funrover
December 23rd, 2011, 09:47 AM
Looks like he has another site now, there is a link on the CO4x4 website.

Popsgarage
December 23rd, 2011, 05:53 PM
That's some cool stuff!!!! :eek:

EldoradoFJ60
December 24th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Nice photos. Reminds me of Zion.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s240/ilbruche/outdoors/IMG_2164.jpg

Brody
December 24th, 2011, 04:23 PM
All of those places certainly have a special feel to them, especially at night. Every time we have ever been to any of them: Bryce, Canyonlands, Arches, Zion, Red Rocks, Nevada, etc, we have always gone for a lot of night time hikes. A lot of stuff is in the air out there in those spots, however you want to describe it or whatever you want to call it, and it is more apparent at night than during the day. The farther away from groups of people you get and the farther away from civilization you get the ...well....more 'mystical' is as good a word as any.... things get...But, then again, I have never been a "cluster around the huge ******* fire with a big group kinda guy" anyway and think night is just fine....

EldoradoFJ60
December 24th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Can't beat full moon night hikes in the desert southwest. Here is a Zion moonrise.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s240/ilbruche/f115cda6.jpg

Brody
December 24th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Cool. Kinda figured you would know what I was talking about...

glacierpaul
December 26th, 2011, 06:04 AM
Full moon hikes up here by me are pretty sweet too. We love the Sand Dunes during full moon too!

Jackie
December 26th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Zion is one of my favorite places!

ROKTAXI
December 27th, 2011, 05:34 PM
The guy that did the report is obviously a professional photographer and his photos are really nice.

Any of IntrepidXJ trip reports are worth lookng at for the sweet pictures, BTW.

Randy is not a professional photographer. He just has a passion for the hobby, not to mention he has all the right equipment. Although I didn't go on this venture with him, you may notice on some of his reports he mentions me. We've been out many times to various places around Moab. We just finished a day hike on Saturday to some rarely seen rock art due to the fact it's on private property and I know the owner. Next weekend we're checking out the SR Swell. He's a great guy!!

Popsgarage
December 27th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Tell him to keep up the good work!