PDA

View Full Version : Wish us luck - pray - whatever works...

Jackie
January 4th, 2012, 04:02 PM
My daughter, Casey, is having her heart monitored for the next 3 days to check for problems. She went in this morning and had a bunch of wires , widgets and gadgets applied to her chest.

Fortunately, she is supposed to just go about her daily routine and then report back in in 3 days.

(She's only 23 years old - too young for heart problems...) :erm:

I'm a 'lil' bit sceared :OMG::what:

CR
January 4th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Fingers crossed. I hope for the best!

Aaron
January 4th, 2012, 04:23 PM
prayers sent!

Brody
January 4th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Way too young for heart problems!

We hope that everything turns out to be OK! If there is anything that we can do, don't hesitate to call. 303-507-3066 or home303-761-4818.

Wishing for the best for hear and all of you!

Roostercruiser
January 4th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Fingers crossed snd prayers sent.

Chris
January 4th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Good thoughts to Casey Jackie. I understand the worries but everyone I knew with similar situations came out fine. As a matter of fact a third was Barb who was told she needed to reduce stress by changing jobs.

Popsgarage
January 4th, 2012, 05:41 PM
having her heart monitored for the next 3 days to check for problems.

Whaaaa....... Way to young for that kind of stress. Unless stress is the cause. And keep hoping it's nothing. Keep us posted please.

Jackie
January 4th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Yeah - they are thinking that stress is not a factor at the moment. But we shall see. Her doc said it could be nothing at all - but wants to make sure...

My husband and his mother have had sporadic heart rhythms all of their lives and it is "nothing" (at least nothing we know of at the moment...)

Chris
January 4th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Her doc said it could be nothing at all - but wants to make a payment on his Mercedes

Fixed it for you Jackie - trying to inject a bit of levity in an otherwise worrisome procedure.

Jackie
January 4th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Fixed it for you Jackie - trying to inject a bit of levity in an otherwise worrisome procedure.
Have I told you lately that "I love you"?:lmao:

Heather
January 4th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Hoping for the best, Jackie. Hope the three days fly by and it winds up being a non-event. Another FWIW, I had to do a holter monitor for I can't remember how long when I was pregnant with Nick, they thought it was "nothing" but just wanted to make sure, and it in fact was nothing. Please let us know if we can help, if you need anything.

Jackie
January 4th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Thanks everyone. I'll holler if we need help, but I don't think we will. I'm thinking positive and that's all I can do at the moment. It's just really hard to see your kid with wires glued to her chest. (And she graduates from nursing school in a few months - so she she thinks it's "cool" in a way, only because she is interested in medicine...not because it is happening to her).

I'll keep you posted.

Java
January 4th, 2012, 10:21 PM
So sorry to hear that, I will pray for all of you.

Rob
January 4th, 2012, 10:51 PM
Wishing for the best, Jackie.

And a third FWIW, about nine years ago, during a routine physical, my doctor decided I was about to have a heart attack during a stress test. Ordered a cardiac catheterization for that afternoon. Scary. Woke up that night with a clean bill of health: strong heart, clean arteries. Docs are a worrisome bunch.

glacierpaul
January 5th, 2012, 05:27 AM
Jackie, our thoughts and prayers to you all, and Casey, it does affect everyone at home too. I bet all is fine! What was the initial problem?, or feeling?

Chris
January 5th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Have I told you lately that "I love you"?:lmao:

Whew! I was hoping I didn't step over the line!

Jackie
January 5th, 2012, 08:36 AM
What was the initial problem?, or feeling?
Sudden racing heart then sometimes delayed heartbeat - with no reason for either...

AccordRanger
January 5th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Wishes sent.

Funrover
January 5th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Thoughts and Prayers heading your way!

Cr33p3r
January 6th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Val has gone thru this several times in the last 17 years and only once did it report anything which turned out to be Palpitations. I have them too. Praying for to get a clean report!

Brad
January 6th, 2012, 12:23 PM
I had the same thing when I was 16. Turned out to be nothing. I had to wear a heart monitor for a full day. Freaked out my mother. Doctor concluded it was hyper tension or something to that effect. I have an occasional heart beat skip which I recently had checked by my doctor and he said it is normal. All my best wishes! :thumb:

Chris
January 17th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Any update Jackie?

Rick
January 17th, 2012, 07:57 PM
praying for you

Jackie
January 17th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Thanks for bringing this up again Rick, the results came back and Casey is fine! She's got some weirdeness, but that is hereditary...

(she got it from her dad)!

Andrew
January 17th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Good to hear. I talked to her just the other day briefly.

Jackie
January 17th, 2012, 09:12 PM
You know my daughter???

Jackie
January 17th, 2012, 09:30 PM
You know my daughter???
Oh my God - kicking myself... you did her engagment photos and they were beautiful!!!

Did she conract you for the wedding? I haven't heard. I hope they signed with you. I'm sure you will do a stand-up job.

Chris
January 17th, 2012, 09:32 PM
She's got some weirdeness, but that is hereditary...

Good to hear!

Heather
January 17th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Glad she's okay! The heredity thing - just adds character!

Pathrat
January 17th, 2012, 10:06 PM
I am glad to hear there is nothing going on with your daughter. Things like that bother me not only for my kid but everyone's kids.

Brody
January 18th, 2012, 05:30 AM
Thanks for bringing this up again Rick, the results came back and Casey is fine! She's got some weirdeness, but that is hereditary...

That is really good to hear!

My heart skips beats and has done so for as long as I can remember. It doesn't matter what kind of shape I am in or my pulse rate. Freaks the doctors out and they immediately want to do the probe and wire thing...I try to remember to tell them when they take my pulse that it isn't going to be consistent...

Andrew
January 18th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Oh my God - kicking myself... you did her engagment photos and they were beautiful!!!

Did she conract you for the wedding? I haven't heard. I hope they signed with you. I'm sure you will do a stand-up job.

Haha yeah I had someone else looking for some references from people I have worked with so I had called her about that and yeah they plan on having me do the wedding.

Cr33p3r
January 18th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Good to hear Jackie!

Popsgarage
January 19th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Yaaaaaaayyyyyyyy!!!!!!! Glad she's OK!