PDA

View Full Version : STOLEN! Lifted WRX wagon

AccordRanger
January 4th, 2012, 11:45 PM
On of the guys on AWDPirates had his car stolen recently. Was in the Littleton area. Pics in link.

http://www.awdpirates.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=57492

Fordguy77
January 5th, 2012, 02:08 AM
Cross posting

Fordguy77
January 5th, 2012, 02:11 AM
I threw it up on some focus sites, as well as some other colorado based ones. Hope he gets it back. Its a cool WRX that's for sure.

Brody
January 5th, 2012, 04:36 AM
That really sucks.

Heather
January 5th, 2012, 07:26 AM
Thieves suck. I hope he gets it back, and in one unmolested piece.

Funrover
January 5th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Sucks, I will keep an eye out.

Bunyon & Babe
January 5th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Sure hope someone sees it and lets him know and he gets ten minutes with the dirtbag thief BEFORE the cops get called .

Popsgarage
January 5th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Tell you friend we're all hoping he gets his car back in one piece!

Gossamer
January 6th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Oh man i absolutely hate this !!! Had it happen to me !!!! Sucks !!! Hope the flies of a thousand camels infest the arm pits of the person who stole it

AccordRanger
January 31st, 2012, 09:33 AM
Found!

96blkbeauty
January 31st, 2012, 11:22 AM
Huh, wow...don't know if any of you read the thread on the Subie forum, but apparently it had been recovered...then towed to a tow yard by a company...then stolen from that tow yard again! Then found. Craziness.

Colin
January 31st, 2012, 11:58 AM
Wow that is a crazy story... must have been really frustrating!

Heather
January 31st, 2012, 06:36 PM
Wow, poor thing!

AccordRanger
January 31st, 2012, 10:26 PM
Sweet! How bad is it jacked up?

He hasn't said yet.

Huh, wow...don't know if any of you read the thread on the Subie forum, but apparently it had been recovered...then towed to a tow yard by a company...then stolen from that tow yard again! Then found. Craziness.

Yeah, I find it bs that the yard was not well secured.

96blkbeauty
February 1st, 2012, 02:45 AM
Most tow yards are B.S.

I'm not sure if I posted this on here or not...I don't remember. When I first got my Ranger my apartment complex I lived at would only issue one parking pass per person due to overcrowding...and I had the Bronco parked there too. Well, I had never seen anyone towed. I also saw people on a regular basis park in handicap spots without issue.

I came out a few days after getting the Ranger, to find it missing. I went to the leasing office, and the damn shady company doesn't even inform the leasing office of what vehicles they tow. Seems like they should. Maybe i'm wrong.

Long story short, I got to the yard to get the truck out and the damn thing had a window down, and both doors unlocked! Needless to say, I had property stolen out of the truck...expensive property (that should have never been in there over night, but I made a mistake and left it in there). They claimed they never even gained access to the truck to tow it, and that someone must have broken in and forced the window down and got into the truck.

Little hard to believe. If a thief wanted in, they'd take the quick approach and just break the window. That happened twice to my Bronco in Greeley. They don't waste time.

Worst part was, they wouldn't release the Ranger until I signed a form saying they weren't liable for any damaged or missing property. If I didn't sign it, they would add 80 dollars a day to my tab. Unbelievable. I even called the police to the scene and they couldn't do a thing about it.

The world is full of scummy bastards, and I hate every one of them.

Popsgarage
February 1st, 2012, 05:10 PM
Good to know he got it back!