PDA

View Full Version : Some minor carnage

Brody
January 10th, 2012, 04:40 PM
I broke what I first thought was a hub gear on OCG the last trail run we did. Pop in the front and the wheel bound a little. Thinking "only a hub gear", I simply took it out of 4WD and drove the rest of the trail back down to the road in 2WD, keeping my eye on the front wheel (driver's side). Since it seemed to be both tracking and rolling fine I didn't think too much about it. When I got down onto harder ground and then onto pavement, I really noticed something out of whack, I got out and looked and the wheel was canted over a bit. Thinking now that I had busted a trunnion bearing, we swapped Matt's Jeep with mine on the trailer and got it back to town. I picked up a couple of trunnion bearings and took the wheel off today.

Oooops,,,not a trunion bearing, though the bottom one wasn't too happy...I had sheared the actual shaft the goes into the bearing, leaving that part stuck in the bearing. I cleaned everything off since I didn't have another handy shaft kicking around and stuck it all back together, old trunion and all, and left the axle out so that I could repack it later. Jim at YodaJim has a couple of spare shafts and I'll pick up one or two Thursday and repeat the whole process...

Oh...the inside of the ball is trashed out a bit from when I broke a Longfield last year or the year before(first generation and he warrantied it after 6 years! Go Bobby!) and the parts altered it a bit:DI have a spare front housing, but it seems like I am not quite ready for that yet...

The fancy axle hole plug is a piece of my "Good Clean Fun" sweatshirt...and VERY high tech...

Like I really needed practice tearing apart a Yota front end...:lmao:

Squshiee1
January 10th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Well, i thought my stud problem was bad.

Robert B
January 10th, 2012, 04:54 PM
wimpy toyota....err i mean next time explode it greatly and you will get even more "man" points back :) (srry had to join in on that )

Brody
January 10th, 2012, 04:57 PM
Well, i thought my stud problem was bad.

This is only a little worse. I was going to repack and R&R the front end soon anyway...The shaft drives out with a hammer and the replacement drives back in. Just a bit of an ugly job on a Yota.

And your reply? On this forum?:eek: I am not going to be the one to start....:lmao::lmao:

Robert B
January 10th, 2012, 05:06 PM
i just thought of a comment between chases stud problem and brody and that stuff that is rated wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too high for this forum............... you people are good at this :)

Robert B
January 10th, 2012, 05:07 PM
oh heres one i might try :) chase maybe brody can make you some BFD gear to fix that problem :thumb:

Robert B
January 10th, 2012, 05:10 PM
i thought it was still about fixing junk???

Brody
January 10th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Well, I have some scrap tubing, a drill, some suture kits and knowledge to use all of them, but I am not sure that I would volunteer....After all, he is a young man and should be able to work through this small bump on the road of life....

I said that I start. I didn't say I wouldn't contribute....

If it is any consolation, I was verbally brutalized by both Robyn and LaDawn when Robyn was here the other day....My feelings are still in tatters....and LaDawn keeps laughing to herself thinking about it...

mattzj98
January 10th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Pete! I got my front end fixed! Lets break them again !

Brody
January 10th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Hell, I don't even have the right parts to fix mine yet and you are already talking about breaking stuff? Sumptin wrong wichu, boy. Surely is....

Brody
January 10th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Good one Robert B!!

Feelings? You have multiple now? Dammit...really must have a chat with LaDawn about letting those things multiply.

Surprised, are ya? Well, a small piece of my single damaged feeling managed to replicate itself in a savage battle for survival and is bravely hanging on for dear life...Technically, I suppose that I have 1.25 feeling(s)

mattzj98
January 10th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Hell, I don't even have the right parts to fix mine yet and you are already talking about breaking stuff? Sumptin wrong wichu, boy. Surely is....

You just now discovered that?????????

I take a grand cherokee fourwheeling! There's your first clue!

Squshiee1
January 10th, 2012, 06:25 PM
I take a grand cherokee fourwheeling! There's your first clue!
And our second clue was that it was clean and waxed!

Maybe now that your fixing your front end, you can fix my cv joint boots while your at it. lost some grease and it got on my brakes, and 3,000 psi of force on a spot of grease just about killed me!

mattzj98
January 10th, 2012, 06:31 PM
come on, youre a bit smarter than a stud.. I was looking for some in a wall today at work to work on some gas lines..

im not fixing my front end, it's been fixed.

and who needs gym? I have one at home and not using it.. lol but i cut off soda and lost 15lbs hahaha no gym required..
now get off fr and go fix your crap!

Squshiee1
January 10th, 2012, 06:33 PM
i meant brody! Since he is fixing his front end, i know i need to do it but i dont have enough time, i need to do all of the bushings and boots in the front and rear. Since im a stud, i need to be out hitting up the gym while all of the old people fix my crap!

I think we need to implement a rule around here on FR... Respect your elders.

Popsgarage
January 10th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Good to see you found the problem.

mattzj98
January 10th, 2012, 06:37 PM
well then that's just not very nice.. Pete's gonna whoop your rear end before fixing anything

Squshiee1
January 10th, 2012, 06:45 PM
I dont know what you are talking about Matt... :)

mattzj98
January 10th, 2012, 06:55 PM
you keep digging yourself deeper in.. just stop while you can lol

Chris
January 10th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Sorry to hear that Pete! Such a good day to get it done and now you'll end up doing it in crappy weather. :frown:

Brody
January 11th, 2012, 06:09 AM
I think we need to implement a rule around here on FR... Respect your elders.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Never happen here...Too much fun for anyone younger than we are to make fun of us and crack 'old people" jokes...

Squshiee1
January 11th, 2012, 06:17 AM
Some of those old people jokes are quite funny.

An old man visits his doctor and after thorough examination the doctor tells him: "I have good news and bad news, what would you like to hear first?"

Patient: "Well, give me the bad news first."

Doctor: "You have cancer, I estimate that you have about two years left."

Patient: "OH NO! That's awefull! In two years my life will be over! What kind of good news could you probably tell me, after this???"

Doctor: "You also have Alzheimer's. In about three months you are going to forget everything I told you."
a little harsh but still funny.

Brody
January 11th, 2012, 06:49 AM
See? And this is "showing respect"? Soon there are going to be more "old folks" jokes following your lead here...Thanks a lot, Chase!:lmao:

Popsgarage
January 11th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Come on guys, Pete has a feeling left. Do you really want to kill it. You want me to get you some armor shielding for that feeling of yours, Pete. I think we could build you some good skids for it. Maybe some sliders?

Brody
January 11th, 2012, 09:24 PM
I have a 44 cal and 12 gauge feeling left. That help? I truly don't need any armor. Gives me a rash in my delicate areas....:D

Popsgarage
January 11th, 2012, 09:57 PM
:lmao::lmao::lmao: