PDA

View Full Version : Take the Bolt quiz

Cr33p3r
January 18th, 2012, 08:12 AM
What do you know about bolts? And related information. Take this quiz if you dare,

http://www.portlandbolt.com/quiz/

RidgeRunner
January 18th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Not a whole lot apparently, 47%. I got the Q's on SAE and Grade 8 stuff right at least.

sdhill
January 18th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Got a 52%. I need to read up on my bolts more. :)

Heather
January 18th, 2012, 09:58 PM
I guessed on almost all of it (I knew ASE and ASTM, woo!), got a 57%. I had no idea there were so many nuances to bolts.

Quiz Complete!

Your score of 57% earns you the rank of Need Some Work. Share this quiz with a friend and see how they stack up.

dannanw
January 19th, 2012, 07:39 AM
37 for me....ouch, umm I dont think I need to study, cause if in doubt.....just use a stronger bolt.

sunk
January 19th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Wow, I apparently dont know alot about bolts! 38 not good. I wasnt even aware there were so many standards, I was thinking it would be about theads, coatings, sizes, etc...My Fastenal guy has a college degree relating to fasteners, I guess Im not too suprised.

Rick
January 19th, 2012, 03:36 PM
if it was in chinese I could of done better{got 38 with total guessing}

Brody
January 19th, 2012, 05:21 PM
This is the kind of test that Joe(greenramp) would simply ace. He knows a huge amount of techy information.

Me, I didn't even take the damn thing. I feel dumb enough sometimes running the toaster..Like was mentioned before: If I am in doubt, I put a higher strength bolt in. If it is a super critical application, I step it up again. If holding power and strength are both an issue, I go with a high strength bolt with fine threads and have Scrat stress test 'em....:lmao::lmao:

Chris
January 19th, 2012, 06:35 PM
28% without reading a single question, reminds me of high school!

Java
January 19th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Thanks, Sean. I did terribly. :thumb:

Jackie
January 19th, 2012, 08:27 PM
I think a bolt is one of those long metal thingies that are like a screw or a nail only stronger. At least they're fatter. And then I think you're supposed to screw another round thingy (a nut???) on one end so it doesn't fall off of whatever you "bolted" it to. And then we you need to take it off, it always manages to be "stuck" and you need to whack it with a BFH.

How did I do? :lmao:

Cr33p3r
January 20th, 2012, 12:40 AM
Jackie you ACED it! LOL, I started to take it and when I saw that the 1st three questions dealt with standards I stopped right there. I do like others go to a stronger bolt or a bigger size bolt if I am unsure.

Popsgarage
January 20th, 2012, 12:58 AM
61 percent, the standards questions I got right were complete guesses.

Brody
January 20th, 2012, 05:17 AM
I think a bolt is one of those long metal thingies that are like a screw or a nail only stronger. At least they're fatter. And then I think you're supposed to screw another round thingy (a nut???) on one end so it doesn't fall off of whatever you "bolted" it to. And then we you need to take it off, it always manages to be "stuck" and you need to whack it with a BFH.

How did I do?

We have a winner!

The only thing you did wrong is really screw up the grading curve, Jackie! Nice job on the techy terms, too!