PDA

View Full Version : Robert B

KnuckleHead
January 22nd, 2012, 11:42 PM
Here is the pic of the extra York bracket I have......... let me know if it will work for you.....

Popsgarage
January 22nd, 2012, 11:48 PM
Hey, Happy, what's the York bracket off of? I'm more than a little interested.

KnuckleHead
January 23rd, 2012, 10:51 PM
SBC 350

Popsgarage
January 24th, 2012, 05:39 PM
You got any pics on how it mounts??? And how much do you want for it???

KnuckleHead
January 25th, 2012, 09:01 PM
This is the best pic of the install....... slight different bracket but same set up. It mounts right over the power steering pump. It bolts in with the pump and the water pump. Ill try and get some better pictures of it tomorrow.

Popsgarage
January 25th, 2012, 09:46 PM
What you want for it???

Brody
January 26th, 2012, 06:38 AM
Hey Happy

You might want to stick a cheapo little air filter on that intake. Might make the pump last a little longer. Use one of those mini K&N style that you can pick up at auto stores for the valve covers. They work well. There is very little tolerance in the pistons on the AC pumps. It doesn't take a lot of dirt in there to screw them up.

Just a thought....

KnuckleHead
January 26th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Brody..... I do plan on doing that. I also plan on getting an oil catcher, gauge and relief valve. I'm thinking about running a small tank also, just not sure yet. Thank you though for seeing that and bringing it up. I have yet to really use it beside a test here and there.

Pops..... Robert has first dibs on it if he wants its. He was asking about it in a PM, I just couldn't get him a pic that way. If he doesn't want its yours, no charge for it. I have no use for it and don't need it around you know......

Robert B
January 26th, 2012, 09:11 PM
haha finally saw this thread lol and yep if i can see how it fits my truck a little better (i will be up there this saturday for other things if ur home) then i am deffinately in ......and depending how fast you do it happy i am going to run a tank on mine :) ....uhh i guess pm me if sat works with ur number and address or something lol

. oh and here this might interest some of you :cool: my new part

Brody
January 27th, 2012, 05:53 AM
Don't forget that these guys usually have a stash of used air tanks they want to sell for cheap:

A Pro Tool Inc

1950 W 13th Ave Ste 2, Denver, CO | Map it

(303) 623-3743

They do a lot of compressor repair, keep the compressor parts they can use and the tanks are homeless. They have been selling them to the folks on FR for $10-15. Remind the owner that you are from the 4x4 club with Peter Brody...

KnuckleHead
January 28th, 2012, 12:41 AM
Good to know. I will keep that in mind for when I'm ready to get the tank. Do you know where I can get an oil catcher and pressure cut off switch?

Brody
January 28th, 2012, 05:03 AM
Grainger is you best bet , followed by anyone else who sell air equipment. Harbor Freight seems to have quite a stock of parts as do the ACE Hardwares. Lowes and Depo carry just enough...

Robert B
January 29th, 2012, 02:17 PM
thanks happy this seems like it lines up nicely with my alternator belt .. (need to get a serpentine pulley) so hopefully in a week or 2 i can start tearing into that......need to get a new T stat houseing also pointed in a different direction lol like 90 degrees dead sideways :)