Mporter
January 26th, 2012, 02:00 PM
In my mind, he got what he deserved.

Aaron
January 26th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Wow.

Rick
January 26th, 2012, 02:30 PM
If parents only knew half of what goes on it would be scary(not that I ever did stuff like that)

Brody
January 26th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Nice! He could've taken a brief moment to check his line better... I wonder if he ended up with the classic "hockey look" going on: missing front teeth and a broken nose...

I like the other classic jump video with the guy(s) in the Jeep. It's all over YouTube. They have a big dirt hill that they are going over. The video starts with the Jeep driving away from you over the hill. You then hear the Jeep engine winding up. Yah! Here he comes! Over the hill, way in the air, and buries the front end in the dirt when he lands, flipping the Jeep over.

YouTube is worth perusing for 4x4 accidents, especially as a learning tool. You quickly learn about things not to do....:D

Mporter
January 26th, 2012, 03:53 PM
I also like the fact that he rolled over with X inches of water in that hole and no one ran to make sure he wasn't drowning. Good friends.

Jackie
January 26th, 2012, 04:09 PM
and no one ran to make sure he wasn't drowning. Good friends.
And they laughed, and laughed, and laughed....

I didn't find it funny. Stupid, YES. Funny, NO. Especially if it was a friend of mine who I now needed to slap some sense into.:rolleyes:

Mporter
January 26th, 2012, 04:10 PM
And they laughed, and laughed, and laughed....

I didn't find it funny. Stupid, YES. Funny, NO. Especially if it was a friend of mine who I now needed to slap some sense into.:rolleyes:

Maybe he was going for the 2012 Darwin Award

Brody
January 26th, 2012, 04:26 PM

And one should in no way hinder someone who is trying for this award in any way, shape or form...

I would have driven off long before this point, friends or not. I get far away from "soon to be Darwinized" rock and ice climbers and back country skiers and boarders, too. People start doing really stupid ****, I don't want to feel obligated to mend bones, stitch them up, fix sprains, stop bleeding, drag bodies out, etc. I am not there, I don't feel obligated. I prefer to leave before I do and let Darwin do what Darwin does best...

Mporter
January 26th, 2012, 04:27 PM

And one should in no way hinder someone who is trying for this award in any way, shape or form...

I would have driven off long before this point, friends or not. I get far away from "soon to be Darwinized" rock and ice climbers and back country skiers and boarders, too. People start doing really stupid ****, I don't want to feel obligated to mend bones, stitch them up, fix sprains, stop bleeding, drag bodies out, etc. I am not there, I don't feel obligated. I prefer to leave before I do and let Darwin do what Darwin does best...

And who are we to interrupt natural selection?

Brody
January 26th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Luckily, most of the times I have put myself in the serious running for the Darwin Award, I have been soloing stuff and have spared myself the years of ridicule and abuse that friends so willingly give. Of course, the couple of times that I have been with friends and Darwined myself, 20 years later when we get together ( Yeah...long memories those richous bastards have, too) that stuff always comes up "Do you remember the time we were all climbing and Pete rapped off the end of the rope and fell 50'?" Great, guys...thanks for remembering the stupid **** that so amused you....Like the stupid guy is going to forget decking out from the height of a 5 story building.. Uh Huh...right.

Didn't actually manage to rap off the end of the rope, but the 50' hit the ground part was still the result of a Darwinish (read "really stupid") mistake...

Popsgarage
January 27th, 2012, 12:17 AM
Idiot!!!

glacierpaul
January 27th, 2012, 05:56 AM
Duhhhh!!! with a capitol D!

Red Rhino
January 27th, 2012, 09:23 PM
I would say Whiskey was involved!

Jackie
January 27th, 2012, 09:44 PM
I would say Whiskey was involved!