PDA

View Full Version : Recovered a stolen Chevy HHR this morning

mattzj98
February 3rd, 2012, 06:52 PM
after my run in with Big O tire bs, I ended up driving home from work (we got let out right away) with only 3 bolts holding my front driveshaft straps.. I figured i wouldnt be getting on the highway because of it..

went past train tracks by smith rd in Denver and found a Chevy HHR sitting sideways in a ditch. Turned around and offered help. That very sec. Denver (i think it was) PD rolls up. Lady was asking what's going on, i said im just about to get him out of the ditch.. 4 min later, she came out of the car saying this car has been reported stolen this morning. Guy gets arrrested, owner get's called, and I am still hanging around. Finally when he was out of there, they figured it is best to just pull the car out of the ditch.. so I winched it out. Lady was really nice, more cops showed up and they thanked me but I never got to see the owner..

anyway, it felt good to help, and I thoght it was awesome that the car was found unharmed! :)

Heather
February 3rd, 2012, 06:55 PM
You forgot the part about charging them $20.

(KIDDING!)

mattzj98
February 3rd, 2012, 06:56 PM
haha I should've lol I was all over town pulling people out today, would be nice to cover my gas haha but whatever works

Jackie
February 3rd, 2012, 07:20 PM
Nice! Sweet day to steel a truck - huh??? Glad they got him!

96blkbeauty
February 3rd, 2012, 07:29 PM
Good work! I love pulling people out. Haven't had the chance this year yet though

Funrover
February 5th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Crazy!

Brody
February 6th, 2012, 04:28 AM
after my run in with Big O tire bs, I ended up driving home from work (we got let out right away) with only 3 bolts holding my front driveshaft straps.

I missed something here. What's the connection between Big O Tires and your bolts on the front drive shaft? And why drive around with only three bolts holding the strap on. They sell these straps at any auto place.

Just curious...

mattzj98
February 6th, 2012, 04:52 AM
after my run in with Big O tire bs, I ended up driving home from work (we got let out right away) with only 3 bolts holding my front driveshaft straps.

I missed something here. What's the connection between Big O Tires and your bolts on the front drive shaft? And why drive around with only three bolts holding the strap on. They sell these straps at any auto place.

Just curious...
That morning I got to work without rear driveshaft because I was going to drop the jeep off at HCP4x4 so they could look at my tcase. Snow kind of surprised me so I figured what's a better place to slap the front driveshaft tjan at work.. (warehouse big enough to drive my jeep inside obviously unlike my garage) so I took the ds and basic tools. Was a block away from work when I got a call from my boss saying we aren't working today but I told him i m not driving back without a ds so he had to let me in to put it on.. for some reason tcase side was extremely tight and there isn't much wfrenching room. An hour later boss had to leave so I said cool, ill stop by big o and have them just tighten it up..

They took the jeep is (front was already tight) and 15 min later they pull it out and charge me 12 bucks. I was happy untill I saw that not only did they not touch it, but one of my front bolts was missing. Tcase side was halfway in just like I left it. They were argiuing with me saying they did tighten it up and I got pissed and told the manager to get his ass outside and look at the tcase side and tell me if it tools tight to him. He went to talk to his employee and came back apologizing saying they only tightened the front at the yoke (which was already tight). They took the jeep back in. Took them half an hour to tighten up the 3 lose (ish) bolts and they ended up charging me $42.50 (yes, including 12.50 they charged me originally for not dojng anything)

Brody
February 6th, 2012, 05:05 AM
Ahhhhhh.....not a great recommendation....Why I always do my own junk and why I treat everyone's rig like my own.....I hate that kind of halfass stuff.