PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary Run Pre Run

Brody
February 6th, 2012, 04:03 PM
I was thinking about the wisdom of doing a Pre Run of China Wall a week or two before the actual Anniversary Run. Judging from the pictures of Mt Herman Road that Jon posted, which isn't all that far away from ChinaWall, I don't think that ChinaWall got away free and clear from all the snow... It may well be a good idea to do this, especially since we have that little bitty hill that gave so many people issues a couple of years ago when it was a bit icy.

Just tossing this out there.....

mattzj98
February 6th, 2012, 04:05 PM
im all for going.. with someone else :)

I could drive my car out there but not draggin my jeep twice to the same spot that made my jeep come back on a shame trailer

Alpine Spirit
February 6th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Snow missed us up here I was at Tarryall Res yesterday and not even 1/2 inch. But we are gettting some snow today.

Brody
February 6th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Are you the Realtor who works right out of the office on the corner of Hwy285 and Tarryall? If you are, I stopped in a number of years ago and commented on your rig. It was still in 'build the exo' mode, so the exo was about 1/2 done. Always liked your rig if that is the same one. Been a number of years....

Whatever...thanks for the input! Nice to have eyes on the ground, so to speak.

Heather
February 6th, 2012, 04:10 PM
We were planning on doing this, to recon for how wise it would be to bring the truck (with all the stuff to schlep, in the bed).

Brody
February 6th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Hey...no need to make wise decisions with Chris behind the wheel of Chris' truck...Wise decisions and Chris don't belong together in the same sentence:lmao:

mattzj98
February 6th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Hey...no need to make wise decisions with Chris behind the wheel of Chris' truck...Wise decisions and Chris don't belong together in the same sentence:lmao:

Peer pressure comes in handy!

Alpine Spirit
February 6th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Are you the Realtor who works right out of the office on the corner of Hwy285 and Tarryall? If you are, I stopped in a number of years ago and commented on your rig. It was still in 'build the exo' mode, so the exo was about 1/2 done. Always liked your rig if that is the same one. Been a number of years....

Whatever...thanks for the input! Nice to have eyes on the ground, so to speak.

Yep same fella.

Aaron
February 6th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Really nice to have eyes on the ground! I can call you to decide when it is good to head up there. I need to bring my truck down at some point!

Chris
February 6th, 2012, 04:23 PM

Geez Pete, I'm hurt now.

Oh, you mean Scrat, not Chris!

mattzj98
February 6th, 2012, 04:24 PM
I could give all you Chrises crap about how many of you there is.. but then again, lately I have seen a crazy number of Matts coming in so i'll just shut up now :P

Chris
February 6th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Hey Matt, browse through the member list and you'll see there is only one Chris.

As it should be!

mattzj98
February 6th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Chris screen name, not an actual name hehe good answer though. is there a Matt? O_o

Alpine Spirit
February 6th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Really nice to have eyes on the ground! I can call you to decide when it is good to head up there. I need to bring my truck down at some point!

Call up anytime, even if I am not here someone can give you a road report. We all know how "nasty" this little section of the Hwy can get. Bring the truck down, I am sure I have seen it on the roads before.

Brody
February 6th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Geez Pete, I'm hurt now.

Oh, you mean Scrat, not Chris!

There I go again, stepping on someone's FEELING....

Initially, I did mean Chris(the Younger), but come to think of it.....

Brody
February 6th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Yep same fella.

Well nice to meet you again! I actually think I was driving a plain jane company truck instead of the black heap. We were working on a huge log cabin "mansion" in Jefferson. I don't know if I am spelling the guy's name right, but does "Esche" sound familiar? He is tucked back in on the road that is the 1st right turn after Jefferson and owns that whole chunk of land back in there. This is the south end of the road that goes on the west side of Michigan Hill. Can't remember the road names....

Brody
February 6th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Hey....I was just saying....The same thing can be said (and sometimes by LaDawn) about me.......Although the term 'wise' should bring to mind immediately my all knowing, smiling face......You know, the one that simply radiates calmness and benevolence....That one....Yup.

Alpine Spirit
February 6th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Well nice to meet you again! I actually think I was driving a plain jane company truck instead of the black heap. We were working on a huge log cabin "mansion" in Jefferson. I don't know if I am spelling the guy's name right, but does "Esche" sound familiar? He is tucked back in on the road that is the 1st right turn after Jefferson and owns that whole chunk of land back in there. This is the south end of the road that goes on the west side of Michigan Hill. Can't remember the road names....

Yep the Eshce's family has been up here a longgggg time.

Heather
February 6th, 2012, 06:56 PM
radiates calmness and benevolence
You forgot feeling. You also radiate a feeling.

mattzj98
February 6th, 2012, 07:00 PM
You also radiate a feeling.
and engine coolant

mattzj98
February 6th, 2012, 07:35 PM
ill ride along

mattzj98
February 6th, 2012, 07:37 PM
oh no, I won't, soryy, King of Hammers this week

Chris
February 6th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Post up a date Pete!

mattzj98
February 6th, 2012, 07:46 PM
i would if it wasnt for KOH

Robert B
February 6th, 2012, 09:01 PM
i would if it wasnt for KOH
check ur O2 sensor before the real one lol

mattzj98
February 6th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Haha yeah I am not coming back on a trailer again (not for that reason)

Heather
February 6th, 2012, 10:27 PM
whatever Matt..come ride with me and be my biatch
You mean your Dirty Girl2 (or is it 3?).

mattzj98
February 7th, 2012, 05:25 AM
its 2..

Brody
February 7th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Posted as a run for Saturday the 25th...

mattzj98
February 8th, 2012, 05:28 AM
Chris is 1. Because Heather is actually a Drt (dirt) Girl. Chris is a Dirty one.. (1)

I guess I can go either way. Moms car is kinda trashed after she got T-boned last night so once again not going to KOH:erm: I hope they will refund hotel rooms:mad:

Aaron
February 8th, 2012, 08:30 AM
That stinks. Hope your Moms doing ok.

mattzj98
February 8th, 2012, 06:06 PM
That sucks, hope your Mom is ok! That just means that we are going next year!

for sure!

Mom is fine, thanks

Jackie
February 8th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Glad your mom is OK - accidents suck.

mattzj98
February 8th, 2012, 07:25 PM
yeah, bad thing is, my car is done.. good thing is , my mom gets to get an SUV for herself sooner than she thought

mattzj98
February 8th, 2012, 09:14 PM
haha I really did not care for that thing one bit. the one thing it had going was the 40MPG and it was small enough to park anywhere haha

Brody
February 9th, 2012, 05:37 AM
Glad that your mom is OK. Sucks about the cart and the Hammers.

Was at High Country yesterday AM and saw your rig outside catching some sunshine....

Bunyon & Babe
February 19th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Annie and I had been thinking of going down 77 today and sort of doing a pre run pre run , but we never got around to it . If it turns out that I'm not going down to Arvada tomorrow I may run down and check things out (snow etc.). We might be getting some snow up here tonight , Sunday , I'll keep you all posted on that too , but like Kev (Alpine Spirit ) said we really don't have very much up here now. If I see Kev's rig at the office I'll see if he wants to take a quick look too .

Brody
February 20th, 2012, 06:03 AM
If you are in Arvada, stop on in. I am here working all day and probably won't hear my phone, so don't call first.

6139 Reed Way, Aravada, 80003 : I70 to Wadsworth, north to 62nd, right (east) on 62nd, 1st right turn (Reed Way/Cottonwood Ridge), follow Reed around as it heads back south. 3rd house on the right after it turns south. My black heap will be half in/half out of the garage...

Bunyon & Babe
February 20th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Pete , if there is any way I can help you out today ,run for parts , pass wrenches , curse at parts with you , whatever ,,,,, let me know and i'll come down today.

Brody
February 20th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Simply no $$ for the parts. All the parts are after market and out of town/state, anyway. Appreciate the offer.

I need to finish the restaurant tables anyway, so I'll do that and just think about what kind of ******* plants I am going to plant in my truck so the HOA feels better about it sitting where it is....

Bunyon & Babe
February 20th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Ya man , HOAs suck !

ctracy5
February 20th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Simply no $$ for the parts. All the parts are after market and out of town/state, anyway. Appreciate the offer.

I need to finish the restaurant tables anyway, so I'll do that and just think about what kind of ******* plants I am going to plant in my truck so the HOA feels better about it sitting where it is....

I'm a Landscape Design student at CSU so if you need help with those plants let me know:thumb: lol

Brody
February 20th, 2012, 10:18 AM
HAHA....Might just.....LaDawn, my SO, has made some suggestions....:lmao::lmao: I am envisioning something along these lines, but with a few more vines for the exo cage...and, of course, my black heap rather that what is pictured here...

Bunyon & Babe
February 20th, 2012, 09:29 PM
I am envisioning something along these lines
Now someone in an earlier thread WAS saying something about a 'sensative side' ????????????? A FLOWER TRUCK ???????:eek:.

Bunyon & Babe
February 20th, 2012, 09:47 PM
I did run down 77 today and looked around a bit . Not much snow although I only went in FS 212 to where it meets 204, the little snow that is in the trees and shaded areas is pretty packed down , slick and some ice . Looks like quite a few rigs went through recently. I didn't go out to Box Canyon, I turned around and came out the same way so I never did see how much snow was up over the hill going down toward the river There are new signs since I was down there last fall . Kind of weird though , they face towards the south so you can't read them comming in from the north. Nice looking signs showing a map of the area and "China Wall ,... you are here ". Don't know why they wern't placed parallel to the road so they could be read coming from either direction ???????????

Bunyon & Babe
February 20th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Thats starting to ring a bell ????????? then there was something about a ? child or ? ........ a..... love child ??:lmao::lmao:
At least the flowers match those hearts:D