PDA

View Full Version : Information Needed For My BFD Website

Brody
February 8th, 2012, 06:18 AM
Anyone who has a personal business on the forum, please send me your business contact information so that I can add that to my website.

Send this to:

brodyfabricationanddesign@gmail.com

and I'll add that to the recommendations/business/vendors section. Happy to help out anyone else who is self employed...

The website is getting close. There is no specific time frame for the information, but the sooner the better.

Brody
February 9th, 2012, 06:04 AM
Bump.

I am trying to help other self employed folks out here and get their information out.....So far I have only heard from Keith.

Everyone else making too much money?

Java
February 9th, 2012, 07:06 AM
Everyone else making too much money?

Can't walk through the house without tripping over it. Just blew my nose on a 50 dollar bill. :lmao: We're re-doing stuff and hope to publish in the next few weeks, I'll PM you then with it. I managed to figure out your URL (doesn't exactly take a genius) and it looks GREAT!! Clean and professional.

Brody
February 9th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Thanks! Robyn is doing a killer job!

When you that up and running, let me know and I will get that onto our FR front page under the 'friends of' heading as well as my BFD page showing 'friends of/preferred' , too.

Rick
February 9th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Not sure if friends count; My friend Mike Schillereff owns Auto Motive Assoc.Inc located at 11482 West Hialeah Place Littleton,Co 80127 (303)948-4473. been in buisness over 20 yrs. just built this shop 3 yrs ago. Was in Aurora prior. Does great work and is reasonable

Brody
February 9th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Contact him and see if he is willing to do a discount for the FR folks, too. Happy to add his information to my site. Have him contact Aaron (The Admin) if he is willing to discount to FR people and Aaron will add him to the Friends of FR on the main page.

Thanks!

Rick
February 9th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Just called him and he said he would give a 10% discount to FR members

Brody
February 9th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Sweet! Let Aaron know with a PM if you would. Also let Aaron know I OK'd it.

Thanks!

Rick
February 9th, 2012, 09:05 AM
will do thanks

Aaron
February 9th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Uncovered Roots - Family tree and historical research.

www.uncoveredroots.com

Brody
February 9th, 2012, 03:18 PM
On there....or rather on the WORD .doc that I am working on. Robyn will show me how to do the dirty deeds this Saturday so it should be in the new section on the site!

Chris
February 9th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Hey Pete, I don't know what your plan is but just thought I'd mention Word is about the worst program to use for anything that will end up on the web. Better off using Notepad or TextEdit.

Brody
February 9th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Thanks, Chris! I was mainly compiling stuff. I'll re type it in NotePad when it gets to the point where I know how to add it.

i CAn asolwyze sue hple wiht My TippINg zO Praktize Inst gwon Tu Hurk Non...:lmao:

Chris
February 9th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Not being a Windows guy I'll guess you can save what you have as text only and open it with NotePad. You'll probably see all sorts of extra characters and stuff anyway but it beats retyping, or as I do it, one finger pecking.

Brody
February 9th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Spelled Windows wrong. It is spelled:

WINDOZE

The main reason I use it is because good software costs a fraction of what it costs for my MACs. Plus, a lot of good software is ABSOLUTELY FREE if you purchase the British computer magazines. And that is FREE, with no 30 day trial, no "anything you do with this program can't be saved", or any other "free" junk. I have never seen that in any Mac related magazines except for some free PS filters that you can download off the internet.

Chris
February 9th, 2012, 04:40 PM
You need to check out Open Office Pete, free Microsoft replacement thst's been arounf forever. There's lots of free stuff for Mac's!

http://www.openoffice.org/porting/mac/

Here's a free Photoshop replacement too.

http://www.gimp.org/

Jackie
February 9th, 2012, 08:55 PM
I use the Adobe CS5 programs for Windows which of course includes Dreamweaver CS5. Under the "Commands" tab, there is a command for "Clean up Word HTML". It actually works pretty well. Cleans up a lot of crap. Let me know if you and Robyn need any help getting the site together. I'd be glad to help or just be a third set of eyes....

Love this new program because everything is now moving toward HTML5. I'm just now learning the differences, but it is great if you're building any sites for mobile devices.

Chris
February 9th, 2012, 08:59 PM
All sites need to be built for mobile devices, the personal computer is becoming obsolete isn't it? :smokin:

Brody
February 10th, 2012, 01:10 AM
You need to check out Open Office Pete, free Microsoft replacement thst's been arounf forever. There's lots of free stuff for Mac's!

http://www.openoffice.org/porting/mac/

Here's a free Photoshop replacement too.

http://www.gimp.org/

Yeah, I have used them both. At some point maybe you can help me get OSX loaded on the dual processor G4 that doesn't want to load it. Since all my 3d Graphics programs only work with OS9, I'll keep the G3 for that. OSx may let me on the internet better than OS9...another reason I use the PC...

I have up to DreamWeaver MX. I think Robyn has the newer CS.

Mobile devices.Yup. Last trip we did when we were at the airports, everybody had their little heads and noses buried in some sort on electronic device. I was more or less praying for a savage EMP just to watch everyone's little world fall apart...I am less impressed with electronic the older I get...I feel about electronics the same as I do about plastic....