PDA

View Full Version : Bumper Thumper/Fender Bender !!!

Gossamer
February 9th, 2012, 02:41 PM
So after i dropped Nikko off at school Thursday, i get rear ended ...:( Well hopefully Pete can weld i back and i can keep the insurance check for other mods ! :D

ccbruin
February 9th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Wow, i wonder what the other car looked like!

Gossamer
February 9th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Lol...Funny thing is that it was a Jeep Liberty. Her front clip was barely hanging on and her bumper had a 6"x 2" hole in it. I didn't get to take any pics as this happened at 830 am and I had traffic court at 900am. So I was trying to call Thornton municipal center to let them know I prolly was goin to be late! Grrrrrrr !!!!! She had insurance though!

Gossamer
February 9th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Yeah thank God Chris :bowdown::bowdown:

Brody
February 9th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Can do on the weld/tweak fix, Juno. Let me know what your schedule is with a PM or email.

peterbrody4@gmail.com or brodyfabricationanddesign@gmail.com

Gossamer
February 9th, 2012, 03:14 PM
I will Pete once the insr company gets back to me...Thanks

mattzj98
February 9th, 2012, 03:41 PM
glad that nothing worse happened! sounds like more mods coming your way

glacierpaul
February 10th, 2012, 06:49 AM
great time to do the tire carrier combo!!

Java
February 10th, 2012, 06:58 AM
That sucks, I'm glad you're OK (and the Jeep will make it)!! An accident on your way to traffic court, what are the odds... hope court worked out well too!!

Gossamer
February 10th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Thanks all for the well wishes. A tire carrier is a possibility at this point but waiting on the other parties insurance. I'm taking my jeep to global collision today to get an estimate of the damages. And yes Paul those odds are crazy right! Traffic court was just for a speeding ticket I got back in Dec. I was going 7 miles over the speed limit and got it reduced to defective vehicle charge and a ridiculous fine of $185 !!!!

Rick
February 10th, 2012, 11:13 AM
they don't care that you were speeding they just want your revenue!!!!!

Popsgarage
February 10th, 2012, 06:33 PM
they don't care that you were speeding they just want your revenue!!!!!

X2!!!! Like taxes ain't enough!

Gossamer
February 13th, 2012, 11:12 AM
x3 !

Gossamer
February 15th, 2012, 12:17 PM
In light of the recent events I might be in line for a new bumper/tire carrier :) I don't know if I should have Pete weld it up and leave it and get other things ( winch, more armor ) or get said mod
What does any one recommend? Pro's vs Con's on and off the trial. Especially would like input from Cherokee owners! Thanks

Gossamer
February 15th, 2012, 12:40 PM
I have kicked that around Chris but a winch is used what maybe 3-4 times a year? That's also depending on how much I get out and wheel. I have thrown the spare on the roof rack but that tends to be a pain taking it off and on to get in the garage. Undecided :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Chris
February 15th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Armor it up, lift it then get a winch.

Popsgarage
February 15th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Armor it up, lift it then get a winch.

X2! You can never have enough armor when you wheel, and the weight it adds is offset by the protection and piece of mind it gives you.

Brody
February 15th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Oh yeah...and when you hear the sound of steel grinding on rocks, you have the piece of mind realizing that it is that cheap (ish) piece of 3/16" steel rather than the 10 gauge formed and rolled expensive junk...

Just think of what the damage would have been with the stock bumper...

mattzj98
February 15th, 2012, 06:06 PM
So that's what my mom meant when she said to get protection when I go out and party.. women, they can never say it like it is

Popsgarage
February 15th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Just think of what the damage would have been with the stock bumper...

No kidding there, Pete!