PDA

View Full Version : Ouch! Can't say they deserve sympathy.

Chris
February 15th, 2012, 09:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-qytktj1OM

Mporter
February 15th, 2012, 10:18 AM
That's going to hurt in the morning!

And a few years afterwards.

RockyMtnHigh
February 15th, 2012, 10:33 AM
I think once the passenger's ankle heals, he needs to kick the driver in the ass! :lmao:

Jackie
February 15th, 2012, 10:43 AM
What the crap was he thinking???

Funrover
February 15th, 2012, 10:52 AM
OUCH!! Sudden stop had to be absorbed somewhere.

Chris
February 15th, 2012, 11:05 AM
I did read a bit about the crash and IIRC there were 3 broken ankles, a broken thumb and assorted lesser injuries. They took the opportunity to praise the restraint system manufacturer.

Brody
February 15th, 2012, 11:54 AM
What the crap was he thinking???

My guess is that he was thinking to blow by the slower rigs.....If the driver wasn't vaguely aware that there were rock obstacles on either side, then he was certainly made aware of it....

I am with Jock, although I am not sure I would wait and would simply beat the **** out of him with my crutches....

ZJ303
February 15th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Not a cool post. Laughing at people for making a mistake and getting injured in the process is ridiculous

Chris
February 15th, 2012, 03:14 PM
I missed the laughing you refer to Justin. It's from the latest King of the Hammers race and a sponsored team with experienced drivers that sure as hell should know better than to blast full throttle in to a pile of rocks! :erm:

mattzj98
February 15th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Speed never killed anyone.. its the sudden becoming stationary that gets you! - Jeremy Clarkson

Brody
February 15th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Wasn't laughing at 'em. Vehicle made a sudden stop. It was an observation.

X2 And it was probably 'observed' by the driver and co pilot at some point, too...:lmao: Besides which, if you do something as bone stupid as that, you had best be prepared for some laughter and ridicule....I imagine it was a bit worse in the pits than it will ever get on this forum, too, and probably a lot worse on other 4x4 forums that aren't as mild mannered as ours happens to be. :D

4Runninfun
February 15th, 2012, 04:51 PM
There is a lot of stupidity there. Besides the obvious why the hell wasn't that spare secured down? There was obviously a race official very close and if that space would have hit him it could have really messed him up. not to mention if it hit and took out another vehicle or driver. I think these guys deserved to be ridiculed. This was a completely boneheaded move.

Aaron
February 15th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Not a cool post. Laughing at people for making a mistake and getting injured in the process is ridiculous

So....

1. 90% of things that are funny are based upon people's mistakes.
2. No one was seriously injured, broken bones will heal.
3. They're going to laugh about it someday if they haven't already, I guarantee it.
4. Aside from one smiley where someone was talking about one kicking the other one's butt, there was no laughing. Someone being beaten with a crutch is funny. End of story. I suggest a thread be started based upon people being beaten with crutches.
5. I think there were a lot more ouches and oohs than anything else.

mattzj98
February 15th, 2012, 05:10 PM
I have been attacked by a 79 year old lady with a cane. It was while I was at work. Got beat up and called a criminal for raising price of the equipment I installed. THAT WAS SOME FUNNY SH!T!

Jackie
February 15th, 2012, 05:39 PM
I don't think I've ever heard anyone tell me a bad story about themselves that didn't incude "...but the funny thing is..." at some point of their story. I think I can find a funny side to every stupid thing I ever did in my life!

Chris
February 15th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Here they are, looking in need of sympathy. :lmao:

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm302/FrontRange4x4/Keep/aab17ed6.jpg

mattzj98
February 15th, 2012, 05:58 PM
But I do know what would make you loose sleep over heehee!

Brody
February 15th, 2012, 06:00 PM
1. 90% of things that are funny are based upon people's mistakes.

90% of my funny stories are based on people doing dumb **** and I include myself. I turned into a door leaving a friend's house/party years ago in an altered state of mind and broke my nose. Hurt like hell. Stupid? Yes. Was I laughing ? You bet, even while holding my nose and with blood going everywhere...Do I still laugh? Yup. Do I still have a bend in my nose(if not from that, then from a couple of other times I should have moved my head faster)? Yup. Do I still think it was stupid? yup.

Anyway, I had a warm feeling in my heart realizing that A) I wasn't the only SENSITIVE person on the forum with feelings and B) we can actually maybe start a thread about beating people with crutches, something that us older people can really get behind..

Popsgarage
February 15th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Part of our learning process is the way we respond to ridicule. And they just had a hell of a learning process. You really need to know where the heck the obstacles are if you're going to pull a move like that. I'll bet the co-driver does beat him with some crutches when his ankles don't hurt so damn bad!

Someone being beaten with a crutch is funny. End of story. I suggest a thread be started based upon people being beaten with crutches.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Popsgarage
February 15th, 2012, 06:20 PM
And don't they get like a week of "practice" prior to the actual event?

Yep!!! Simple "oh sh!t" moment! I've done more than my fair share. Laugh at myself more than I laugh at anybody else. Just ask some of the guys I work with how much of a klutz I am!

Brody
February 15th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Note to self, next year remember the big rock on the right!

Glad you ain't my co pilot. It was on the left, dummy! What did you do, coach the guy? "Ya got it! Now hit it hard and go left! Big rock on the RIGHT!".................................................. ........................."errrr....left...sorry..."

mattzj98
February 15th, 2012, 06:30 PM
I've said numerous times that if you can't laugh at yourself, you shouldn't laugh at anyone. I think I'm a comedian half the time laughing at stupid stuff I do/have done! It's all part of life!

You still stopping by to tuck me in and read me my bedtime story?
What do you think? Haha of course I am

Popsgarage
February 15th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Note to self, next year remember the big rock on the right!

Glad you ain't my co pilot. It was on the left, dummy! What did you do, coach the guy? "Ya got it! Now hit it hard and go left! Big rock on the RIGHT!"........................................... ................................"errrr....left...sorry..."

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Java
February 15th, 2012, 06:52 PM
I think they ran the crash over and over because it's funny, or atleast amusing, I bet they laugh at it themselves. took me a second to realize it was the spare tire flying.

Popsgarage
February 15th, 2012, 06:58 PM
took me a second to realize it was the spare tire flying.

Me too. Thought it was off the axle for a second! Just the sound of the rig hitting the rock hurt.

RockyMtnHigh
February 15th, 2012, 11:06 PM
4. Aside from one smiley where someone was talking about one kicking the other one's butt

And at that, I was laughing at the thought of kicking the driver in the ass, not their injuries!

Perhaps someone was feeling sensitive today though! :lmao:

glacierpaul
February 16th, 2012, 05:53 AM
Showing off usually produces these results, at least for me it always does:lmao: I thought it was amazing how the spare tire missed that other rig not once, but twice! Very good restraint system, in the cab!! My friends dad did the same type thing at the hogbacks in a 4runner back in the mid '80's, amazingly it was still driveable(barely) and we got it to a shop.

SCRubicon
February 16th, 2012, 11:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-qytktj1OM

Pbbbffffft, should buff right out. :lmao: Helpy Helperton rolling the tire out of they way...I wasn't thinking, "nexxxxxt" or anything. :D

Popsgarage
February 16th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Front axles not to centered under the rig anymore.