PDA

View Full Version : What I've been up to..

Hotchef181818
February 23rd, 2012, 01:06 PM
I thought I should post an update of what I've been up to lately. At the end of December I decided it was time to take a break from wheeling for a season or 2, it seemed like I was spending more time in the garage and the restaurant than I wanted to and wasn't utilizing the jeep. I ended up trading it on a new set of wheels for the wifey, I had mentioned that I was gonna start looking for a replacement for the touareg( worst car I've ever owned), and that I wanted to get a legacy gt. Well a legacy 2.5i fit her needs perfectly and we traded the jeep. A week later I started my search, the touareg was 500 miles from being out of warranty, needed a huge service done and I all around hated the vehicle. I found my legacy gt within 2 days at hueberger in co springs, good bye touareg and for that matter Volkswagen.

Then I stared thinking about what I would do all summer with my week days off and decided a dirt bike was a solid solution. Picked up a yz250 that was in the po's words perfect and completely stock, ridden 10 total times. Came home and ripped it down to the frame. Turned out to be on good overall shape and only needed a few parts and of course all new fluids.

Then I turned to the leggy gt, downpipe, pm, painted wheels, tint, and a road tune followed quickly. Amazing cars, but the suspension and brakes need serious attention as far as I'm concerned.

About a week later I lost my job, the small family owned place I was at decided they couldn't afford me any more. Whatever, it's always for the best, anyways that put everything on hold for now.

I'll post some pics in a few.

Heather
February 23rd, 2012, 01:18 PM
So you're going to wheel with us on the bike, right???

(x2 on the good to hear from you, and condolences on the job - just until you find another that kicks the previous one's butt!)

Hotchef181818
February 23rd, 2012, 01:22 PM
The job is already forgotten, i was working to hard for too little with my experience. It's always for the best,just caught me off guard a bit. I don't know if I'll be on the trails with you guys and gals this season, this is my first time on a dirt bike and I think it would piss everyone else off listening to me tear around anyways. I may try to ride passenger on some runs, especially right now while I'm not working.

Cr33p3r
February 23rd, 2012, 01:24 PM
Loren sorry to hear about the job situation, best of luck on getting a new one!

Hotchef181818
February 23rd, 2012, 01:30 PM
Some pics

Heather
February 23rd, 2012, 03:22 PM
Subie drool!! Nice!!

Jackie
February 23rd, 2012, 03:56 PM
this is my first time on a dirt bike and I think it would piss everyone else off listening to me tear around anyways.
Don't be so sure about that. My husband has tagged along with us on a few runs (especially the trail clean-up runs) on his KTM and no one has complained. He has always taken off ahead of the group and then stops to meet up with everyone now and again for lunch or whatever. On the clean-up runs, he gets his bike into places we can't get to. Then when his garbage bag gets too full for him to carry, he leaves it on the trail for one of us behind him to pick up. It has worked out pretty well. You might like to team up with him this spring when we clean up Devils Canyon and Barbour Fork again!

Heather
February 23rd, 2012, 03:58 PM
Nick also rode his KTM on one of the runs we went on...can't remember which one...I think it was a ladies' run...He had a blast!

Hotchef181818
February 23rd, 2012, 05:48 PM
For the interim the main issue is transporting it. Once I'm back to work in gonna find a pickup that's good on gas, can haul my dirtbike and can tow a trailer with a few bikes on it. May even turn it into a wheeler, never been down Toyota road but its a good option for camping as well. We shall see, first things first, I need a job.

dannanw
February 23rd, 2012, 05:48 PM
Nice subaru, we have a outback xt. Sucks to hear about the job. I agree with the motorcycle idea don't let that stop you.

Hotchef181818
February 23rd, 2012, 05:52 PM
The Subaru is probably the most fun I've had in a car in a while, but it needs suspension upgrades pretty bad. The overall handling is decent, just too soft for me. For right now I need to focus on the basics of riding a dirtbike, I've never ridden a motorcycle before so it's gonna be an adjust for me. Hopefully by late summer I'll be making it on some of the runs with you guys.

Brody
February 23rd, 2012, 05:58 PM
Good luck on the job stuff, Loren!

Nice on the Subbie and dirt bike! I don't think anyone would mind you coming along on any of the trail runs. I have been on runs with ATVs and dirt bikes and the only issue is that the thuggish 4x4s seemed to be holding the fast movers up!

Hotchef181818
February 23rd, 2012, 06:09 PM
Thuggish 4x4? Like tinted out, with bullet holes? Just kidding. I have a feeling I'm gonna want to go fast, I don't mind staying with the gRoup but I bought a bike to cover ground a little faster. I guess il just have to give it a shot and see how it goes.

mattzj98
February 23rd, 2012, 06:48 PM
Nice subie, we just got a 2012 outback limited in the fam! =) (makes me miss the wrx)

Hope you get a job soon! Come wheel on the bike till then =)

Michael4rnr
February 23rd, 2012, 07:45 PM
Nice car and dirt bike.

Brad
February 23rd, 2012, 07:58 PM
I love the legacy GT. good call. I know we will see you on the trails again soon! :thumb:

96blkbeauty
February 24th, 2012, 02:15 AM
Nice Subie. I have a friend who has been looking for one of those for the right price. They look like fun cars.

glacierpaul
February 24th, 2012, 05:38 AM
Cool Subie and sweet bike! Good luck with the new job prospects!

Java
February 24th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Awesome new rides, hope whatever the new job turns out to be is awesome too! You have a good attitude. X2 on the Toyota, sounds like it would do everything you need.

Roostercruiser
February 24th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Everything will work out for the best Loren

Bunyon & Babe
February 27th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Good luck on the job hunt ! as far as dirt bikes go , they Go ! so if you don't mind waiting for the rest of us to catch up :lmao::lmao: The second day of the 'Lost Friends Memorial Run' this August will be in dirt bike teretory . The Taylor Park area always has a ton of dirt bikes on the trails every time we've wheeled over there:thumb: