PDA

View Full Version : Fitting JK Snorkel on Cherokee XJ

Fatboris
February 25th, 2012, 12:56 PM
How difficult or possible would it be to put an AEV JK snorkel on a '96 Cherokee? Obviously some mods would be necessary but how hard is it?

mattzj98
February 25th, 2012, 02:32 PM
you can do what Scrat has been doing for the past couple of hours.. a lot of grinding and "Customization"

Fatboris
February 25th, 2012, 05:21 PM
you can do what Scrat has been doing for the past couple of hours.. a lot of grinding and "Customization":lmao:

That said, the JK snorkel goes on the passenger side and the XJ box is on the driver's side. That's a lot a lot of plumbing, probably enough so that it would defeat the purpose of having a less restrictive intake.

Brody
February 25th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Post a link to the AEV snorkel you are looking at and I'll give you my feedback.

Fatboris
February 25th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Post a link to the AEV snorkel you are looking at and I'll give you my feedback.
Here it is: http://www.quadratec.com/products/17100_010X_PG.htm

I have someone willing to trade me for some spacers/springs for a JK. I was only looking for $100/$125 so if I can't use this I may just end up putting it on CL for trade or list it here if someone wants it for $125.

Brody
February 25th, 2012, 06:56 PM
I'll lokk and get back to you early Am. Dinner just got stuck under my nose and the computer taken away...

Popsgarage
February 25th, 2012, 07:48 PM
It's to bad it's a one piece molded snorkel. Might be a little tough to adapt, but maybe Pete can come up with something. Maybe change the way the factory air intake tube bolt's to the manifold. Route it up and over the valve cover and figure out how to splice the two pieces together.

Stephen
February 26th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Here it is: http://www.quadratec.com/products/17100_010X_PG.htm

I have someone willing to trade me for some spacers/springs for a JK. I was only looking for $100/$125 so if I can't use this I may just end up putting it on CL for trade or list it here if someone wants it for $125.

I could take that off your hands...

Fatboris
February 26th, 2012, 02:18 PM
I could take that off your hands...

Cool, I'll let the guy know I'll take it and let you know when I've got it. That gets me the cash I need for my t-case skid.

Max
February 26th, 2012, 02:55 PM
http://www.aev-conversions.com/shop/shop-by-category/jk-snorkel-kit.html

mattzj98
February 26th, 2012, 05:02 PM
why do you need a snorkel Stephen?? your jeep is so big you will never touch any water lol

Stephen
February 26th, 2012, 06:24 PM
why do you need a snorkel Stephen?? your jeep is so big you will never touch any water lol

lol

It's a mall krawler, it's not about needs! :D

Remember Coney Flats/MSV last spring? The lake got almost up to the bottom of my rim! It seems like I'm always doing pretty deep water crossing in the spring. I figure the option couldn't hurt and the price is right...

Fatboris
February 26th, 2012, 07:20 PM

Deep sea fishing?

Stephen, I should pick it up Weds, as long as it's in good shape. I'll PM you when I get it.

Stephen
February 26th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Deep sea fishing?

Stephen, I should pick it up Weds, as long as it's in good shape. I'll PM you when I get it.

Sounds good!

Stephen
March 1st, 2012, 12:24 PM
:frown:

Brad
March 2nd, 2012, 12:03 PM
What did you decide to do with it?