PDA

View Full Version : welding and engineering help, extended radius arm

Redhurricane
March 9th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Looking to do this:
http://www.rmftc.com/howtos/extendedradiusarms/extendedradiusarms.html (http://www.rmftc.com/howtos/extendedradiusarms/extendedradiusarms.html)

Need the DOM, and will be buying the Johnny joints through Currie. However I need frame brackets fabbed, anyone interested in helping a fabrication challenged newbie out in the near future?

Popsgarage
March 9th, 2012, 03:48 PM
PM Sean (1freaky1). The radius arms for his Ranger are about 4 feet long and the mount is welded to the frame after he boxed it.

Brody
March 9th, 2012, 07:08 PM
And if Sean is tied up, holler at me.

Cr33p3r
March 10th, 2012, 12:48 AM
How long are you planning on building them? Since I cannot see the pics here at work, do you have the stock TTB axle or a solid axle?

Redhurricane
March 10th, 2012, 06:43 AM
15-18" extension, dana 35 up front. basically I need to correct for caster enough to get the thing to drive straight down the road. alignment was done yesterday and with dual adjustment camber blocks still only 1.5-2 degrees of caster. Need more like 5-6 degrees.

Cr33p3r
March 10th, 2012, 12:04 PM
When would be a good time to bring it over and take a look at it, or I could go your direction too. I am off Mondays and Tuesdays in the evening works on those days or before 2pm on the weekends. Also from looking at the pics on the other site that is a Dana 35 TTB easiest way to correct that would be drop mounts for the arms at the frame, Might ask Larry(Warrlord) he is still running a TTB on his Ranger with a good size lift.

Redhurricane
March 10th, 2012, 10:39 PM
Already has Superlift RA drop brackets designed for 4-5.5" lifts. I am now at 7.5", and have used up all of the available adjustment on camber/caster blocks. The radius arms are just plain too short to work effectively.

Weekend are best for me, I can come your way maybe next saturday???

Cr33p3r
March 11th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Ok I am PMing you my address and phone #.