PDA

View Full Version : Showtime

Fatboris
March 18th, 2012, 01:37 AM
This guys is buddies with a guy I'm working with 2 1/2 ton military axles on this. Pretty cool video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzXVLbs41Ew

RockyMtnHigh
March 18th, 2012, 03:55 AM
At 1:56, I would have liked to seen the Rhino owner's face when he realized, "maybe I parked a little too close to the trail!" :lmao:

Cool video, they definitely have a different approach! :thumb:

Brody
March 18th, 2012, 06:05 AM
That is a pretty wild buggy. I have seen various videos of his rig before. Different..

Java
March 18th, 2012, 06:28 AM
Great rig!!! the driving is another story.... but awesome rig!!! :thumb:

Aaron
March 18th, 2012, 06:38 AM
I like the rig. I had the volume down so heard no audio so they might have said. Was all of that done on private land? I ask because that is definitely not treading lightly.

Brody
March 18th, 2012, 06:49 AM
Aaron, I think that is a private land ORV park in Tennessee. I have seen a lot of other videos of different rigs on that same hill as well as competitions reported on in CRAWL magazine. Whether or not it is in Tennessee or not, I am not 100% sure.

The only thing that I don't like about videos like this is that there is no 'disclaimer' at the start stating that the filming was done on private land or an ORV park, which gives the impression that this is what 4wheelers do to the FS roads/trails....

Java
March 18th, 2012, 07:15 AM
I wasn't thinking so much off the trail (I like that it's private land!!) as too much on the gas, it seemed to me that some spots could have used more finesse and less HP... but HP is fun!!

Fatboris
March 18th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Actually on the Youtube page it does say it's private land...If it wasn't that would be pretty bad, I agree. There's definitely no finesse to it, just gratuitous throttle.

Popsgarage
March 18th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Shame he kept at it 'till it broke.

Brody
March 18th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Here are the specs for it:

http://www.bustedknucklefilms.com/featured-rigs/showtime/

Must be nice to have deep pockets and time...oh...and probably some sponsors thrown in.

EldoradoFJ60
March 18th, 2012, 06:35 PM
5:11 Yeeeee haaaaw!

Jackie
March 18th, 2012, 06:46 PM
I didn't watch the whole thing. I admit - I think it's a cool rig, but even if it is private land... wow. Way to tear it up. Not my thing. But thanks for sharing.

CodeXJ
March 18th, 2012, 08:26 PM
That's a pretty mean buggy, and wow it's a beast. But I have to agree too. I mean that thing is tearing up the land every run, at one point of the video he even takes a tree down.. That's cool its private land do what you want I guess, it just makes the rest of the world think offroaders are people out only to tear crap up.

Heather
March 18th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Agreed with the tearing it up = not good. I prefer the kind of wheeling we collectively do. But oh god, to get behind the wheel of something like that and punch it and jump it a few times...FUN. Kinda sad when the wheel broke off. It didn't sound too happy about that.

Hypoid
March 19th, 2012, 12:15 AM
There's definitely no finesse to it, just gratuitous throttle.
LMAO I'll disagree, although, I put the words "finesse" and "sledge hammer" in the same sentence.

I've sat through a few hours of vids similar to this. The rigs get broken, the drivers get broken, my jaw is sore from hitting the floor. Some of the crap these guys pull off is nothing short of amazing.

Squshiee1
March 19th, 2012, 05:51 AM
that buggy does seem like it was made to gas it! so why would you go slow. if i built a buggy just like that, i would be gassing it to! :D

but my Rodeo, i drive like there was an egg between the pedal and my foot, until robin give me advise!

Brody
March 19th, 2012, 06:02 AM
No doubt about it, the guy is a good driver and knows his rig well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJs_KHiWJQY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=BLmpedqLYA4

And you probably thought that all that tubing was just for grins.....There is over 200lf of tubing in that buggy....

Guy can even drive carefully if the situation calls for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY4IErl0hlY&feature=endscreen&NR=1

Java
March 19th, 2012, 08:15 AM
for sure I'd be on the gas too, but if you look at the spot at around 1:20 where he takes out 2 trees, that ledge could have been driven straight up with less throttle, he sort of does it in the 3rd attempt. The hill at 2:20 ish he could just idle right up, but dude just can't let go of the pedal. I'm just jealous.

Fatboris
March 19th, 2012, 09:04 AM
My opinion is it's good there is private land for folks to do this on. If there weren't OHV parks people would have no alternative but to tear up public land if they wanted to use their vehicles. As far as taking out two trees, remember, this is a recreation area. They take down trees to build family rec areas like Water World, Elitch, the aquarium, Bandimere, etc.... There's actually less environmental damage here. That is what private land is meant for.
As far as giving off-roaders a bad name, this is to what we do like NHRA is to driving on I-25. :2c:

That said, I'm jealous, I'd love to get a chance to drive that thing and I assure you, I'd floor it too.

Brody
March 19th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Couldn't agree more on the NASCAR comparison, and I am sure that 95% of the people on the forum see it that way. My point was that, to the general public (and to the over the top 'Greenies'), what is shown in the video is we, as 4x4 users, do when we 'unleash' our mighty earth destroyers out on the backroads, making roads where none have ever been, etc., etc. This is the same mentality as the gun control asshats who feel that "gun kills people".

Anyone with half a brain realizes that guns don't do that and, if you want to take that "guns kill' **** farther, knives, ladders, cars, power tools, electrical appliances, etc. also see to do a pretty fair job of getting rid of the excess population, too.....

Just pointing out the mentality of a lot of folks who see this, wherever they see it....

Fatboris
March 19th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Just pointing out the mentality of a lot of folks who see this, wherever they see it....

Couldn't agree more. I remember several years ago the Sierra Club was trying to get Mountain Bikes banned from trails in IL and WI. They said the mountain bikes did too much damage to the trails BUT they wanted to change the rules to allow horses. The horses of course rutted out the trails and left apples everywhere, it didn't quite "enhance" the average person's hiking experience.

I always forget about asshat, I love that one. It makes me laugh every time I see it. Thanks for the reminder, Brody. I have my word for the day.

Brody
March 19th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Did the same for some trails in the Wind River area. Ban the bikes! Horrible for the environment! Blah, blah, spew......And you are hiking in to some "remote" rock climb trying to avoid stepping in 2' of horse and mule ****.....

Rick
March 19th, 2012, 04:52 PM
the driving is another story...
wasnt impressed; nice rig but thats about all i can comment on

SCRubicon
March 21st, 2012, 11:30 AM
East coast rock hopping is all about speed. Think of it as a marriage between mud bog and rock crawling. Not my bag though. I'd take one or the other.

Funrover
March 21st, 2012, 11:58 AM
Fun to watch, Bouncy as all get out! WOW!!! Thanks for teh videos!