PDA

View Full Version : C.O.R.E

Kory
March 19th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Who has run this "trail" and how was your experience? The admission price just jumped to $15 and I was wondering if it's worth the gas, time and money to go check it out?

Traildamage rates it a 1-9. Is there really anything there that goes up to a 7-9?

Thanks. :thumb:

mattzj98
March 19th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Ive gone rallying in the subaru before, I saw lots of big rocks and mud pits so.. there might be. I'd be interested in going

transplant87
March 19th, 2012, 07:23 PM
i have been there and there is some really good rocks to climb and mud pits. if u ask me i wouldn't go its more of a testing ground

mattzj98
March 19th, 2012, 07:56 PM
TRIP!

Roostercruiser
March 19th, 2012, 07:57 PM
I agree with Kieth. Witg the price of gas going up and thr $20 to get in. They have one rock hill with old cement blocks. Alot of dirt mounds. Not worth it to me

transplant87
March 19th, 2012, 08:02 PM
I agree with Kieth.
its KEITH gawd lol :p

Roostercruiser
March 19th, 2012, 08:05 PM
You know im not smarter than a 5th grader :p

Brody
March 20th, 2012, 06:30 AM
Go to their website and check out the various videos.

LaDawn and I started to go there a few years ago, stopped at a friend of her's who lived out that way and who was having a party, very much 'out in de sticks'. We were planning on spending a little time at the party, then doing the CORE thing.

Some teenage kid at the party took our friend Randy's rowdy three wheeler for a spin, dumped it, and sailed himself through a barbed wire fence at a pretty good clip. I spent the next two hours stitching, tissue gluing and otherwise patching his ass up (all while mom was freaking out and screaming....) while waiting for the ER people to make an appearance. No spurters, but a lot of slicing and dicing. Used all my tissue glue, 3 suture kits, all my butterfly bandages and all my Maxi Pads. Kid was way cooler than his mom and most of the rest of the family that was there. Oh...I also splinted his broken arm....

Interesting day at any rate, but a trip to CORE at least once would be nice....

Java
March 20th, 2012, 07:43 AM
It looks like fun to me, I'd like to try it. Post it!!

Woodscaper
March 20th, 2012, 10:14 AM
I have been there a couple times with the Bronco and once with the dirt bike. Last time I was out most (all) of the rock obsticals were overgrown with weeds, not much use anymore. The offroad race track gets alot of use from the rally car guys. The mud pits were pretty much dried up and over grown as well. As for the MX track it was really chopped up and clumpy, they were trying to get it in shape though and the people running it were real cool. I would say if you go take as many toys as you have so you can fill the day and get your $ worth. It could still be alot of fun with the right attitude (just play around), its pretty much wide open for making tracks. I would go back.

Colin
March 20th, 2012, 11:38 AM
I have gone before and it was quite fun, the rock sections they had where good and there were some fun hills to climb, it was definitely worth the trip.

ShutUpHippie
March 20th, 2012, 11:45 AM
It could still be alot of fun with the right attitude (just play around), its pretty much wide open for making tracks. I would go back.
x2. Great place to do all the dirt throwing that's illegal everywhere else- especially after a rain :steer:

KnuckleHead
March 21st, 2012, 12:20 AM
Didn't we do a group run there a couples years ago? I think it's somewhere in the trail reports with pics. At that time I think there was more ice than mud though

Kory
March 21st, 2012, 07:11 AM
Thanks for all the info and opinions. Sounds to me like it is a mixed bag. I think it is worth trying once. They are open already this season so I may post a "trail" run for it sometime soon.

Trailrat99XJ
March 21st, 2012, 09:41 AM
There is a few of us going to Ram offroad park in the Springs on Saturday... There are some very challenging areas to play on

Viper
May 28th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Don't waste your time and money. Find a trail in the mountains instead. You'll spend more time traveling out and back then doing anything in the park.