PDA

View Full Version : I guess every JK needs to be burnt down and taken

mattzj98
March 28th, 2012, 08:04 PM
away from citizens as they are EXTREMELY dangerous. I would like to point out that JEEP WRANGLER is the ONLY vehicle that EVER get's a death wobble and it must have nothing to do with having a solid front axle and irresponsible owners. It's all Jeep's fault.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/03/20/jeep-wrangler-death-wobble-report-prompts-members-of-congress/

I hope you guys speak sarcasm!

mattzj98
March 28th, 2012, 08:05 PM
irresponsible owners.
who don't care to maintain their vehicles enough to even replace worn out TREs or ball joints.. or balance the tires right...

Mr6dwg
March 28th, 2012, 08:33 PM
I don't know which I was more of amused or amazed! I always figured myself to be sort of a rookie when it came to the Jeeping world. And even podunk me, from MO figured out the death wobble ordeal. In my experience, the ball joint was the biggest culprit.

mattzj98
March 28th, 2012, 08:36 PM
the ball joint was the biggest culprit.

ball joints, TREs, Track bars are a big one.. I've had mulitple, and cured multiple. Doesn't take much, just make sure your front end is tight after each 4wheeling trip.. replace if worn.. it isn't that difficult.. why is congress on that???????????

SCRubicon
March 29th, 2012, 10:36 AM
I've experienced this mythical death wobble, but never in any of my Jeeps. (lifted and not) I do however find it interesting that the Jeep in the "Jeep Wrangler Death Wobble" video is doing it with only 24,205 on the odometer.

ball joints, TREs, Track bars are a big one.. I've had mulitple, and cured multiple. Doesn't take much, just make sure your front end is tight after each 4wheeling trip.. replace if worn.. it isn't that difficult.. why is congress on that???????????

It is an attempt to cover the United States in nerf and issue everybody a safety helmet. :D

Brody
March 29th, 2012, 11:42 AM
One would think that the dumb fucks in Congress and the Senate could possibly find a few more important things that actually have bearing on real world issues...Then again, maybe not. The collective IQ of our governing bodies seems to hover a bit below ambient room temperature (below 68 degrees), so getting their panties in a bunchie over that **** makes sense from that limited point of view, I suppose....

I really hate inane crap like this....

Java
March 29th, 2012, 12:19 PM

I guess they got tired of wasting money seeing who's cheating at the "throw me the ball" game. IMO things like Steroids and Jeeps should be "At your own risk" anyway...

Rocket Scientist
March 29th, 2012, 12:25 PM
That is exactly what my dodge truck does, & still does with new upper & lower ball joints. I even switched the front tires around to see if it would happen to the right front. No go. Same deal with the left front. Has to be a tierod/swaybar issue no doubt. As for congress...stay the fawk out of my business & do something more creative with our tax dollars, corrupt bastages!

Brody
March 29th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Maybe there will be a slew of folks lopping off hands on Delta table saws and that will give them a new direction to spew ****...and waste taxpayer's money.....This is like the ferocious dog of the year deal where some poor mistreated dog carves out a chunk of good human flesh because he was hungry and mistreated. BOOM! Next thing you know all these dipshits are spouting out about every dog of that breed being viscous animals...Seldom, if ever, is it brought up that the dog's disposition is the result of the owner...Doesn't sell air time as well...

This also goes back to Ralph Nadar (another asshat) and "Unsafe at any Speed", exploding Pintos, and any one of a number of similar things...The internet just slings the crap farther...

Funrover
March 29th, 2012, 03:04 PM
WOW!!! I have a wheel balance issue I would rather never have to pay for... Can Congress help me!

Popsgarage
March 29th, 2012, 05:55 PM
X2 on the Ralph Nader thing, Pete!!!! Truly an asshat.

Jackie
March 29th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Get the hell away from my JK. :eek:

If I want your help, I'll ask for it.:smokin:

No problems so far - so, I'm fine-as-is, thanks...:rolleyes: