PDA

View Full Version : I hate snakes really hate them

Cr33p3r
April 7th, 2012, 09:23 AM
I came across this photo of a nesting bunch of rattle snakes and it took me back to being a kid going w/ my dad and grandfather on a job in Lakewood off of old Kipling. The problem we went out there for was no water flowing thru the drain pipe. Once we got there and grandpa dug up the line we found the pipe was packed tighter than the one in the picture and was stopping all water flow. Horrible thing to see when you are only 6 years old!

Max
April 7th, 2012, 11:03 AM
haters

Jim
April 7th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Ug - NO desire to come across a tube full of snakes

I heard this on the radio recently...

http://www.hindustantimes.com/world-news/Australia/Snake-on-a-plane-forces-Oz-pilot-to-turn-back/Article1-835810.aspx

Snake on a plane forces Oz pilot to turn back
AP
Canberra, April 05, 2012
First Published: 12:47 IST(5/4/2012)
Last Updated: 13:14 IST(5/4/2012)

An Australian pilot said he was forced to make a harrowing landing reminiscent of a Hollywood thriller after a snake popped out from behind his dashboard and slithered across his leg during a solo cargo flight.

Braden Blennerhassett — unsure whether the snake was venomous — said on Thursday that his heart raced as he tried to keep his hands still while maneuvering the plane back to the northern city of Darwin.

The snake popped its head out from behind the instrument panel several times, Blennerhassett said, and then the ordeal worsened when the animal crawled across his leg during the approach to the airport.

"I've seen it on a movie once, but never in an airplane," Blennerhassett told Australian Broadcasting Corp, referring to the 2006 movie Snakes on a Plane, in which deadly snakes are deliberately released in an airliner as part of a murder plot.

The 26-year-old Air Frontier pilot was alone in a twin-engine Beechcraft Baron G58 and had just left Darwin airport on a cargo run to a remote Outback Aboriginal settlement when he saw the snake on Tuesday.

Air Frontier director Geoff Hunt described Blennerhassett as a "cool character" who radioed air traffic control to report: "I'm going to have to return to Darwin. I've got a snake on board the plane."

But Blennerhassett admits he was shaken, telling Nine Network television that his blood pressure and hear rate were "a bit elevated."

"You're trying to be as still as you possibly can and when you've got your hands on the power levers," he told ABC.

"You're kind of worried about the snake taking that as a threat and biting you."

"As the plane was landing, the snake was crawling down my leg, which was frightening," he told Nine.

Once the plane had landed, a firefighter spotted the snake but authorities were not immediately able to catch it, Air Frontier official Michael Ellen said.

A trap baited with a mouse failed to catch the snake by Thursday, and the plane remained grounded.

Wildlife ranger Sally Heaton said the snake was suspected to be a golden tree snake, a non-venomous species that can grow up to 1.5 meters (5 feet).

Blennerhassett was back in the air Thursday and could not be immediately contacted for comment.

Hunt said he was not aware of a snake being found in a plane before in Australia, but that he had heard of a young chicken being found alive under the floor of a plane and of an escaped juvenile crocodile crawling under a pilot's rudder pedal.

mattzj98
April 7th, 2012, 12:55 PM
That's a lot of snakes! Wow

I'm sure Chris and Heather would love to adopt all these.. lol

EldoradoFJ60
April 7th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Toss a grenade in there.

Popsgarage
April 7th, 2012, 08:58 PM
C'mon. they just do what they do. Won't hurt you if you just leave 'em alone.

Heather
April 7th, 2012, 09:00 PM
They're beautiful (venomous ones) from a distance! I like ours. They "hug," not bite. :lmao:

Popsgarage
April 7th, 2012, 09:18 PM
I rented a room from a guy in Florida who had a 17 foot long Burmese python named Celeste. Really mellow snake.

Rick
April 7th, 2012, 09:40 PM
Sorry ,not real fond of em!!!!

Freakage
April 7th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Rattlesnake tastes like chicken!

Rick
April 7th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Rattlesnake tastes like chicken!
dont get me wrong ,I do eat them!!!!!

Brody
April 8th, 2012, 06:15 AM
Cool shot! I have never seen that many snakes all in one spot before like that. I have seen nests of garden/rat snakes, but that was only about 6-7.

Growing up in Florida on a 100 acres, we had a lot of rattle snakes there and learned to deal with them early on. Most got caught by me and childhood buddies and sold to Ross Allen's Snake Institute. Some got eaten, some got killed. At one time, when I was 15 or so, I was working a summer job putting up overhead irrigation systems up in orange groves. We had had a very wet summer and this one orange grove was in an area that was slightly higher than the surrounding countryside. The rattlers and many other snakes that didn't like wetlands had all migrated to the higher ground. There were so many snakes in that grove that they were literally hanging in the orange trees. Everyone on the crew was carrying handguns to deal with the poisonous ones. I don't remember how many the crew killed working that job, which was about a 3 week job, but we must have collectively killed over 100. There were a lot of rattlesnake hat bands, belts, and wallets showing up later that summer...

Pathrat
April 8th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Toss a grenade in there.

Yes, just because it is such a messed up sight. I like nature and all but jeez, that is frightening.

"I hate snakes Jock, I hate 'em!"

RockyMtnHigh
April 8th, 2012, 10:31 PM
"I hate snakes Jock, I hate 'em!"

:confused:

Cr33p3r
April 9th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Obviously they knew someone was watching them if you look closely you can see 3 or 4 looking towards the person taking the picture.

Pathrat
April 9th, 2012, 10:20 PM
:confused:

Raiders of the Lost Ark!!!!! It is s direct quote from the movie. Indy is in this thread. :)

SCRubicon
April 10th, 2012, 04:01 PM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c174/SteveChabala/Random%20Junk1/snakes.jpg

Tube snakes, ha ha ;)

Rick
April 10th, 2012, 04:06 PM
:eek::eek::eek::lmao::lmao::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Popsgarage
April 10th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Tube snakes, ha ha

Again with the funny. Good one Steve.

Rick
April 10th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Again with the funny.
the guy is good!!!!!!!!

Popsgarage
April 10th, 2012, 08:32 PM
he guy is good!!!!!!!!

Yes......., yes he is!!!!!!

Cr33p3r
July 5th, 2012, 06:08 AM
Well I just came across this one from Angola, Africa. Take a good look at the teeth on this thing, YIKES!!!!!

http://www.stressbuster1.com/pics/snakefrmwest1.jpg
http://www.stressbuster1.com/pics/snakemouth1.jpg

Java
July 5th, 2012, 06:36 AM
is that a python? when I moved here from FL they were starting to have them show up in the everglades, people had them as pets until they got to big and then let them go...

Heather
July 5th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Looks like a Burmese python. Poor dude. :(

BlackRubi
July 5th, 2012, 01:23 PM
I know, I know. They won't hurt me if I leave them alone.

They also won't hurt me if I blow them to tiny bits or set them on fire.

I don't trust anything that stubs a rib instead of stubbing a toe.

Brody
July 5th, 2012, 02:08 PM
In Indonesia, here is a lightweight: Almost 49 feet long and weighing in at a measly 983 pounds. It is supposedly the largest snake in captivity.

The other picture of the snake hanging off the piece of construction equipment (something to carve roads through the jungle with, maybe?) is supposedly 55 feet long. I posted that last year or the year before.