PDA

View Full Version : High Level Firing at FR4x4!

Aaron
April 9th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Hey all,

I am happy to announce that I have fired..... myself! :what:

In all seriousness, I have decided to step down as Admin of this club. I'm now not only an ex Admin, I'm also a member :) It has been a great pleasure to run this joint over the past 20 months. There have been many satisfying moments and challenges. I'm just glad the place didn't go down in flames while I was at the helm...

And now, I have found someone to be the new Admin who is the most qualified person I could think of to take over. I am proud to present to you the newest (and oldest) Admin of FR4x4, Chris!!!

Chris has graciously accepted the position that he created and the club he created. He is the best Admin this club has ever had and I, for one, am glad he is back with the reigns in hand. Thanks Chris!
:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:: jiggy::jiggy:

Aaron

Kory
April 9th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Interesting. Thanks for the info. Can I tell you what I really think of you now that you have stepped down? ;)

Aaron
April 9th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Oh, and one other thing.

The Mods here are the best folks ever. They did all the hard work. They also caused me some hard work sometimes but that's ok.

Pete, Jock and Rob. You guys are the epitome of what makes this place a great club!
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::c lap:

Aaron
April 9th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Interesting. Thanks for the info. Can I tell you what I really think of you now that you have stepped down? ;)

Absolutely. Everyone else does :)

Kory
April 9th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Absolutely. Everyone else does :)

I was kidding. I have never had any personal problems with you or any of your staff. Or ex staff :p

Kory
April 9th, 2012, 05:23 PM
On a serious note Aaron are you willing to tell us why you have resigned? I would assume baby sitting gets old.

Aaron
April 9th, 2012, 05:34 PM
On a serious note Aaron are you willing to tell us why you have resigned? I would assume baby sitting gets old.

Sure. The reason is that this takes a lot of time to do it right. I have 2 teenagers and a wife who deserve to get some of that time back. I also have a new job which is taking more time. I find myself searching for time to do everything.

As for the babysitting, there is a multitude of personalities in a club like ours. There is work involved with trying to keep people's eye on the prize... wheeling. But in the end, I think that we have the best group of folks of any group I've seen and I wouldn't complain one bit about the folks here.

Brody
April 9th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Wow. Thanks Aaron for all the hard work! Thanks Chris for stepping up to the plate once again!

Rob
April 9th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Deja vu all over again. Great job, Aaron. Welcome back, Chris. :thumb:

Kory
April 9th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Sure. The reason is that this takes a lot of time to do it right. I have 2 teenagers and a wife who deserve to get some of that time back. I also have a new job which is taking more time. I find myself searching for time to do everything.

As for the babysitting, there is a multitude of personalities in a club like ours. There is work involved with trying to keep people's eye on the prize... wheeling. But in the end, I think that we have the best group of folks of any group I've seen and I wouldn't complain one bit about the folks here.

Completely understandable. Thank you for taking the time to explain why you made the decision you did. Thank you and all the mods for all the time you spend and hard work you all put in. :)

Rick
April 9th, 2012, 05:49 PM
There is work involved with trying to keep people's eye on the prize... wheeling.
ya think!!!!!!!

Brody
April 9th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Well, hell, THANKS KORY! From all of us mods and past and present Admins.

Oh...I don't believe that Chris takes PMS when he is the Admin.....That is everyone's heads up. Chris-correct me if I am wrong:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Colin
April 9th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Thanks for all the great work Aaron!!!!

Heather
April 9th, 2012, 06:23 PM
I want to x20 on what Kory said. With all the different personalities and such around here I can about imagine all the time that goes into this.
x a bunch here, too. Having created and owned a (very different) hobby-related board, I got so tired of dealing with all the crap, I sold it in '06 and walked away, and never looked back. Best decision ever, for me and my family. Not saying that this is anything like that (for one, mine was 99% women - yikes) but that the time commitment (and sometimes emotional drain) is humongous. Enjoy your new-found time, Aaron, and thanks for all you've done!!!

Rick
April 9th, 2012, 06:34 PM
99% women - yikes):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rol leyes::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Hypoid
April 9th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Thanks for all your effort, Aaron!

SCRubicon
April 9th, 2012, 06:59 PM
What, no outside applications accepted??? ;) :lmao:

Java
April 9th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Thanks for the great job, Aaron, looking forward to seeing you in Moab!! Thanks to Chris too, for taking over and for creating this cool forum!! You are the man. The mods do a great job, and that's coming from a guy who has been "moderated"! :whatAreYouThinking:

Jackie
April 9th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Thanks for all your hard work Aaron. I think we all appreciate the work you put into this forum. And Chris... Thank you so much for taking the reigns back!!! I'm glad you started it, were willing to take it back and ensure that it survives!

All the mods here are great and you all deserve a round of applause as well. Thank you!

Maroon1
April 9th, 2012, 07:30 PM
For us new people, does anyone have pictures of the members you are talking about in the post? Love to put a face with the name.

mattzj98
April 9th, 2012, 07:31 PM
wow, didn't see that coming! good job Aaron, thanks for your effort!

Chris
April 9th, 2012, 07:33 PM

First I want to publicly thank Aaron for running the show for the last 20 months and for doing a great job. Front Range has come a long way in the last 4 years and Aaron's a big part of that. We had agreed when he took it over that I'd get first right of refusal when he had his fill and obviously I've taken it back.

Unlike in the past I don't know a lot of the folks on here but will be posting a new thread to explain the changes I have in mind.

As has been said the purpose of this forum has always been wheeling and I'll be doing my best to keep that strong and take a new approach to the "babysitting" aspect.

Thanks again Aaron! :thumb:

Kory
April 9th, 2012, 07:46 PM
First I want to publicly thank Aaron for running the show for the last 20 months and for doing a great job. Front Range has come a long way in the last 4 years and Aaron's a big part of that. We had agreed when he took it over that I'd get first right of refusal when he had his fill and obviously I've taken it back.

Unlike in the past I don't know a lot of the folks on here but will be posting a new thread to explain the changes I have in mind.

As has been said the purpose of this forum has always been wheeling and I'll be doing my best to keep that strong and take a new approach to the "babysitting" aspect.

Thanks again Aaron! :thumb:

If you are willing to discuss it, why did you step aside two years ago? I am not trying to be nosy and I apologize if it is coming across that way. I'm simply asking because I find this forums history very intriguing. :)

Beefy
April 9th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Running a forum is hard and time consuming. Thanks for all the efforts Aaron! Still hope to meet you one of these days!

Chris
April 9th, 2012, 08:00 PM
If you are willing to discuss it, why did you step aside two years ago? I am not trying to be nosy and I apologize if it is coming across that way. I'm simply asking because I find this forums history very intriguing. :)

Pretty much the same as Aaron stated except the new job & kids. :lmao:

Simple answer - burnout, it happens. :thumb:

Kory
April 9th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Pretty much the same as Aaron stated except the new job & kids. :lmao:

Simple answer - burnout, it happens. :thumb:

I understand. :)

4Runninfun
April 9th, 2012, 09:40 PM
Thanks Aaron I think you've done a great job keeping the site going!

Chris good to see you back at the helm!

dannanw
April 9th, 2012, 10:29 PM
Being new here, and not knowing the history. I would like to thank yall for the great forum, nice to be able to talk about wheeling and not so much about my stuff is better than others... Thanks.

Popsgarage
April 10th, 2012, 06:21 AM
Thanks a bunch, Aaron. You've done a helluv a job during the last 20 months. Chris, good to have you back boss, now I just need to meet ya.

Alpine Spirit
April 10th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Take a break.... crack open a beer.

MelloYello
April 10th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Thanks Aaron! Job well done. Hope to still see you on the trails.

Chris, welcome back. :thumb:

Bunyon & Babe
April 20th, 2012, 12:33 AM
Thanks Aaron for a job VERY well done . Thanks Chris and the MODS . You guys rock .