PDA

View Full Version : Gas Prices Cramping Your Style?

otisdog
April 10th, 2012, 03:54 PM
It certainly will be slowing me down this summer. I see less trails and closer to home.
Jim

Rick
April 10th, 2012, 03:56 PM
V1o, definately staying closer to home and not as often

SCRubicon
April 10th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Hey, if not for Front Range 4x4 I'd never see many of you ever again with these gas prices...ha ha ha

scout man
April 10th, 2012, 04:06 PM
gas prices suck and all, but I work my butt off so I can have fun. Just so happens I drive my vehicle to have fun. That said, it might affect things slightly, and will definitely effect my wheeling if it goes significantly higher, but for now I will just cry everytime I pull out my wallet, then go wheel to forget the pain!!

mattzj98
April 10th, 2012, 04:32 PM
gas price is nothing but a number! :P (JK, Pete!)

i'd rather go hungry than not 4wheel!

scout man
April 10th, 2012, 04:33 PM
i'd rather go hungry than not 4wheel!
Amen!!

Back before I was married it wasnt uncommon for me to eat Ramen Noodles 2 meals a day for a month or so, so that I could afford to have fun!

SpyderJeep
April 10th, 2012, 04:44 PM
it's all about your priorities... wine, women, or wheelin!
Eat out a little less drink less beer....
Really... think about how much more a full tank is compared to last year for me it might be 3 dollars. Not really that much if you put it in perspective.

Rick
April 10th, 2012, 04:53 PM
it's all about your priorities... wine, women, or wheelin!
it more like mortgage, utilities,student loans for my daughter,etc....................................th en wheelin

scout man
April 10th, 2012, 04:57 PM
student loans for my daughter
Put that girl to work to pay her own way, problem solved!

Just kidding. I applaud you for helping your daughter with tuition. My parents helped me substantially with tuition and it made my tuition far more possible than if I had been solely responsible.

Rick
April 10th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Put that girl to work to pay her own way, problem solved!
she is working and going to live at home this summer to help pay it off. It definitely is not a free ride though!!!!!

scout man
April 10th, 2012, 05:24 PM
sounds like a good plan!!

Heather
April 10th, 2012, 08:23 PM
gas prices suck and all, but I work my butt off so I can have fun. Just so happens I drive my vehicle to have fun. That said, it might affect things slightly, and will definitely effect my wheeling if it goes significantly higher, but for now I will just cry everytime I pull out my wallet, then go wheel to forget the pain!!
This is pretty much exactly me. Today I had to fill up on my way home from work, and choked a little when I saw that I passed the $50 mark to fill up Cracker. Oh well. Life is short.

Funrover
April 10th, 2012, 08:25 PM
I haven't been out in a long time partially for that reason. it really sucks!

scout man
April 10th, 2012, 08:28 PM
a little when I saw that I passed the $50 mark to fill up Cracker
oh, I wish I had a vehicle I could fill up for under $50. I did once, about 10 years ago, back when you could fill anything for under $50

Rick
April 10th, 2012, 08:30 PM
for a beater to get me from point A to point B
daughter has a 96 neon, 25 bucks fills it and you can go 350 miles in the city

Squshiee1
April 10th, 2012, 09:00 PM
I passed the $50 mark to fill up Cracker
Wow, its running me close to 80 to fill mine. and since i drive up and down 1-70 twice a week its cramping my style!
if i dont go up 1-70 for a full tank i can go about 450 to 480 miles per tank, city or mountains.

i might be dropping the Insurance on my car and driving my dads bug, 38mpg... not bad, and that's if you don't drive like a grandma.

Rick
April 10th, 2012, 09:20 PM
yea, she wanna sell it?
YES SHE DOES< INTERESTED!!!!!!!!!

Rick
April 10th, 2012, 09:21 PM
yea, she wanna sell it?
what ya thinkin as an offer??????

Max
April 10th, 2012, 10:55 PM
I try to ride my bicycle instead of driving whenever possible, so then I have lots of gas and gas money saved up to get out of town. :)

otisdog
April 11th, 2012, 04:56 AM
My wife and I also have a Honda Fit. It gets about twice the MPG of our Jeep but I don't think it would get far up Red Cone....
Jim

Brody
April 11th, 2012, 05:32 AM
it more like mortgage, utilities,student loans for my daughter,etc....................................th an wheelin

X2. Pretty much where we are, sans kids. Probably will be doing doing more rock climbing than wheeling for that reason this year, too. Cheaper car to drive to the climbing areas, share gas with the other guys or gals climbing, bigger bang for the buck, and little or no mechanical damage to try to figure out where to get $$ to fix. Will probably just pick and choose what trails we really want to run or can afford to run...Sucks, but it's life....

Cr33p3r
April 11th, 2012, 06:32 AM
Well the new Fusion gets a bit less MPGs than the Focus did but not by much and I have been filling her up whenever it hits 1/2 a tank and now it is getting close to $40 for that I am not sure what it would cost for the truck now w/ all the mods and 35s(scary thoughts for sure). The one thing I really like on the Fusion is it tells me average MPGs and how far to EMPTY! This makes me a little more conservative on my driving habits, especially on a car with such a touchy gas pedal. We will see what happens to the wheeling part but if the prices go above $4/gl I will be watching from the office chair again.

mattzj98
April 11th, 2012, 07:30 AM
$4 a gallon? I've been filling up for 4.09 for jeep (midgrade) and 4.28 for the bmw.. 56 bucks gets me half a tank in the car.. I don't even know about the jeep.. haven't fileld it up in a while

Colin
April 11th, 2012, 08:49 AM
4.28 for the bmw..
I have been finding 91 octane for the rover at around 3.70 a gallon, the king soopers deal really helps:D

Kory
April 11th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Me and my bright ideas to buy a Jeep with a stroker motor. I get 12mpg in the city and have to put 91 octane in it. So yes my style is cramped. :p

mattzj98
April 11th, 2012, 09:23 AM
I have been finding 91 octane for the rover at around 3.70 a gallon, the king soopers deal really helps:D

O_o its 3.89 to 3.99 for regular unleaded.. Idk if im comfortable putting ks gas in.. Try to stick to shell

EldoradoFJ60
April 11th, 2012, 09:35 AM
I drove my 13 mpg FJ60 for an entire year. Tracked all of my gas fill-ups on Fuelly. The Accord that gets 30mpg will basically pay for itself in gas savings.

Now that I am not a slave to the Landcruiser I plan on taking a little break compared to last year. Now I can work on it at my leisure instead of having to finish weekend repairs to make it to work on Monday. After my summer road trip to the Pacific NW I'll get back to work on Bjorn. Swap the alternator, replace the fuel pump, side cover and oil pan gaskets, etc.

I'll still be staying close to home though. Weekend trips to the Idaho Springs/I-70 area work for me. If I'm gonna drive that far I prefer to camp out, explore and fish instead of just wheeling and coming home.

I didn't want to get burned out and end up selling out of frustration.

Max
April 11th, 2012, 10:39 AM
http://www.coloradogasprices.com

ShutUpHippie
April 11th, 2012, 10:44 AM
I think mostly my new truck payment is cramping my style :D

The extra $$/gallon sucks, but does it really matter if I'm putting $70 vs. $80 in my truck? Not really. I'll ride my bike if I don't like gas prices.. + the added benefit of actually being in shape :thumb:

96blkbeauty
April 11th, 2012, 11:56 AM
I remember back in college when I had to scrounge up every last dime I had just to put 5-10 bucks of gas in my truck. It was also so bad that I literally couldn't afford it at times, and had to ride my bike or walk everywhere I went. I was definitely in better shape then.

Now, I use a little more then a full tank of gas in my Ranger every week. I have to run 91 due to my tune. I've noticed it a bit, but it hasn't effected me all that much. My job has unlimited OT at the moment, so if I spend a little more that week on stuff, I just make it a point to go work on Sunday.

I have to say though, i'm glad i'm not DDing the Bronco considering it gets 10 MPG. The Ranger now pulls 20 with the tune.

Fordguy77
April 11th, 2012, 12:35 PM
$4 a gallon? I've been filling up for 4.09 for jeep (midgrade) and 4.28 for the bmw.. 56 bucks gets me half a tank in the car.. I don't even know about the jeep.. haven't fileld it up in a while

Where i was just at in Cali it was at $4.78 from premium, just ate a little less so i could more :D But now that im back in the big cities, its closer to what your paying.

Fordguy77
April 11th, 2012, 12:38 PM
O_o its 3.89 to 3.99 for regular unleaded.. Idk if im comfortable putting ks gas in.. Try to stick to shell
Ive actually noticed when i fill up there, the quality seems to be a little better, i get 29 vs 27 in the exact same driving conditions for an entire tank. Could just be one of them things.

foxtrot
April 11th, 2012, 05:27 PM
If I was back in CO, the gas prices wouldn't stop me or put a damper on my wheelin'. my wife and I see it as, if we work so much to earn this money, we are going to go out and have a good time so we don't go crazy haha. it also helps that we get paid decently in the Air Force, but even when I had my old job, having fun always came before other things, except bills of coarse. it costs me 65 bucks to fill up my 4runner and I get about 350 miles to a tank. could I have bought a Prius for the same price? sure, but I enjoy having power and something to go driving offroad in. :)

Gossamer
April 11th, 2012, 06:23 PM
LETS HAVE A BIKINI CAR WASH FOR GAS !!! AND NO SCRAT U CANT WEAR YOUR 2 PIECE !!! HA HA HA ......