PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Trail Patrol - Assisting Our OHV Trails

Stay The Trail Ambassadors
April 18th, 2012, 10:32 AM
FIRST- I want to thank all the FR4x4 members who are already participating in CTP and volunteering their time. Your efforts are much appreciated and the foundation for our program.

For those of you who haven't heard about CTP:
The Colorado Trail Patrol is looking forward to another season of assisting the USDA Forest Service, Colorado State Parks and Wildlife, and the Bureau of Land Management. Everyone within the OHV community can participate in this easy and fun system built to help assist local trail maintenance and land management.

The Colorado Trail Patrol asks volunteers to log the trails they travel and document any positive and negative issues they may come across. Reports get sorted and go directly to recreation managers, planners and trail crews depending on the situation. We then work with agency staff to determine and organize an OHV-friendly solution if an issue was reported. Districts and field offices are also informed about trail systems that are in good condition too, allowing agency staff to know that the implemented management policies are working well.

The creation of a statewide network of Patrollers will allow us to notify the agencies about small issues quickly and thus prevent damage from continuing. Quick identification of maintenance needs helps direct resources and allow for issues of immediate need to be addressed.

Once volunteers are trained, they are asked to keep doing what they love…enjoying the trails of Colorado. Their normal routines are only changed by taking a few minutes to submit a trip report into the database including photos, where they traveled, and any descriptions after they get home from the ride. Colorado Trail Patrol staff then ensures the information gets to the proper personnel within the Forest Service, Colorado State Parks and Wildlife, or the Bureau of Land Management .

We would like you to become a CTP volunteer. It's easy, a very small time commitment, and it directly benefits the trails you drive. The training sessions are only 1 hour long.

The UPDATED TRAINING SESSION LIST:
POSTPONED - CHECK BACK FOR MORE UPDATES SOON

May 4th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Want to alert everyone to the upcoming South Denver and Loveland training sessions! Now is the time to get involved, don't wait for others to alert land management about the issues you see.

May 10 – 6:30pm. Castlewood Library. 6739 South Uinta Street Centennial, CO 80112
May 15 – 6:30pm. Loveland Library. 300 North Adams Ave. Loveland, CO.

glacierpaul
May 5th, 2012, 05:36 AM
Will try to make the 10th, I am already my own trail patrol ;)

dannanw
May 5th, 2012, 06:19 AM
Hope to see you at St. 8

Brody
May 5th, 2012, 07:04 AM
I am already my own trail patrol

Where I am at and have been for 50 years...

May 11th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Folks- We are temporarily postponing future CTP Trainings. At the direction of State Parks we are expanding and slightly shifting our role, thus the training regimen will be changes. We are gaining huge momentum and this shift will help us be more effective. Previously trained volunteers are encouraged to keep submitting your trail reports. This aspect of the program is going to continue.

We will have more details coming soon. If you have questions, please call Matt @ 720-454-0481.